IGNORED

Golf Sandals: Yes or No?

Note: This thread is 4562 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you ever wear golf sandals (the ones with spikes, designed for golf), and how?

• Yes I wear sandals, with sport socks.
    • Yes I wear sandals, but barefoot only.
    • No, I never wear sandals.

• 2 weeks later...
I won't wear sandals unless I'm going to the beach. It just seems to unmanly for me and unsafe. What if you have to run for some reason? What if you have to get into a fight? And the sight of feet is disgusting.

Running and fighting? On the course? I hope I never play in front of you.

You can probably thank Jim McMahon (Bears QB mid 1980's) for being the first to popularize wearing sandals on a golf course. He played in a few celebrity golf TV events wearing sandals and those cool shades

No sandals for me on the course. Before and after - definetely! Gotta let the feet dry out after a round!

i would definately wear the golf flip-flops (just did a quick google search, and all i could find were "bite flip flops").. the only problem i see myself having is that i broke my foot earlier this year, and i'm still having swelling across the top, so for sandals that have a non-adjustable fit, i can't really wear them... but where i live, shoes are kind of a statement.. and you choices are pretty much flipflops and boots.... oh, and new balance cross training style tennis shoes... but back on subject, yeah, i'd try them

Another knock on golf sandals here in the south...fire ants. I'm allergic to them like I am wasps and hornets.

I cringe sometimes when I see some tourists on the range or on the course in bare feet and sandals.

Ouch!

• 3 months later...
I think that these are the rules as far as GOLF (not normal) sandals are concerned

Anywhere in a private club as a member: No

Private club as a guest, nonpaying member (e.g. you're only a member because you're grandpa is a member and there is a program in place): Absolutely not

Public course: Yes, but not great

Public course twilight golfing: Perfectly fine.

I've picked them up in the store a few times... but cannot bring myself to buy them... I'm way to traditional. Maybe when I move to NC and play in 100 degree heat all summer I'll change my mind. Or maybe just go barefoot like old Sammy.

• 6 months later...
Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I bought my first set of golf sandals this spring and they are great. I bought the Foot Joys sandals. I am playing more golf than ever this year and I credit the sandals for helping to bring about more consistency in my game. Wearing sandals forces me to pay closer attention to my stance and alignment and it makes me slow down my swing. The result is better ball striking and fewer pulls.
For hot days they are great, my feet feel so much cooler(making my whole body feel cooler) and although bunkers can be a pain, I'm not in them as much. Yesterday I played my personal best round at Carstairs (83)wearing the sandals, two strokes better than my best round in my Ecco shoes.
Of course, as with all sandals, socks are NEVER worn.

Note: This thread is 4562 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!