IGNORED

What Golf Ball Do You Reccommend?

Note: This thread is 3635 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The laddie always seemed to fly quick off my putter. I like the Wilson a tad bit more than the laddie with the putting feel.

Ummm... yea, I've more or less experienced this as well. It certainly isn't a very soft cover.

I guess it's more of a rock than a Pro-V1 but it doesn't feel as bad as some rocks do.

I dunno, it's a cheap-o ball. I guess we get what we pay for. But I think it's more than serviceable for the weekend player who vomits after losing expensive balls.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've never really liked or disliked Precept Laddies. They're ok. I flat out do not like Wilson balls. They are super cheap feeling to me and don't seem to produce enough spin for me around the greens. I tried a Callaway Hex Hot today and wasn't impressed. Put it away and continued to play my Nike PD Soft. Those seem to just be my favorite ball...

Dylan

Twitter: @d_brock504

Thanks for the ball recommendations. I am going to continue focusing on my tempo as I truly do believe that is the issue after today. If it doesn't get better, I will go get a lesson. Thanks again

Since you are really good with irons on approach shots but way too wild with your driver I'm thinking there's a good possibility that your driver doesn't match your swing very well or you are over-swinging.

Have you tried just choking down some and just taking the controlled swings you make with your short irons for a while? Maybe even just imagine a target out there around 200 yards and try to hit the target. If it goes well over the target all the better. Once you start hitting fairways and get some confidence you can crank it up a little.

Hard to score when the tee shot is out of play (as I know all too well).  I love to try to hit long drives but my main goal on the tee is to hit something I can hit again. Nothing else matters much if I can't do that.

Since you are really good with irons on approach shots but way too wild with your driver I'm thinking there's a good possibility that your driver doesn't match your swing very well or you are over-swinging.

Have you tried just choking down some and just taking the controlled swings you make with your short irons for a while? Maybe even just imagine a target out there around 200 yards and try to hit the target. If it goes well over the target all the better. Once you start hitting fairways and get some confidence you can crank it up a little.

Hard to score when the tee shot is out of play (as I know all too well).  I love to try to hit long drives but my main goal on the tee is to hit something I can hit again. Nothing else matters much if I can't do that.

Yes sir, completely agree. I am over-swinging! I slowed it down considerably for the 9 I played yesterday. The lowest I shoot at this place is +13, highest +15. I shot +7. Played today at a decently tough course. Normally shoot 96-102. Shot a 92 and only lost 3 balls of the tee today. Really loving the improvements. Of course, I'm sacrificing 25 yds or so, but not loosing the balls. Slowing down with the driver and staying on the fairways has dramatically increased the quality of my game so far.

Dylan

Twitter: @d_brock504

This is the ball you want.

http://www.costco.com/Callaway%C2%AE-HEX-PRO-Yellow-Golf-Balls-2-Dozen.product.100088142.html

I like the yellow but it is a great ball at an unbelievable price.

Here is the same ball in white for $49.

http://www.costco.com/Callaway%C2%AE-HEX-*********-Balls-2-Dozen.product.100043571.html

Shipping is free.  Unbelievable deal.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3635 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!