IGNORED

I, IMPROVED MY HANDICAP TODAY, YEAH!!!

late347
Note: This thread is 3638 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I played front-9 holes. I'm totally beginner as far as handicap goes, first time I'm allowed to improve my handicap since I'm club member nowadays.

Blew only two holes

made one par

made one bogey

made five double bogeys

I collected 40 so-called, bogey points

It's required 36 bogey points in order to lower handicap, for total beginner.

I had to calculate these with pen and paper because the online calculator for my golf course was utterly broken.

Nice going lowering your handicap.

What are bogey points?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nice going lowering your handicap.

What are bogey points?

my country uses stableford scoring, with handicap index, for the purposes of improving the handicap.

stableford points are called bogey points in this country I suppose. I think it's great because it doesn't punish you for a bad score for a single hole.

You can still fight back and improve handicap if you manage to do excellent on some other holes,

You basically calculate a "personal par" value for each of the holes of the course, according to your starting handicap (it is the expected outcome for a beginner golfer with high handicap, on each specific hole)

If youj exceed the expectation, then that basically means you lowe handicap. Beginners must collect over 36 points on nine holes scorecard.

You get awarded points according to how well you played each hole, in comparison to your personal par, on the specific hole.

So what you must do is to gather as many stableford points as possible. You get awarded points for using less strokes for "difficult holes for your current handicap"

Note: This thread is 3638 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!