IGNORED

My Swing (achadha7)

achadha7
Note: This thread is 3531 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 1.5  to 2 yrs now

My current handicap index or average score is: fluctuates... depends mostly on putting hence this thread ...

My typical ball flight is: average

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: PUTTING ....

related to this thread

http://thesandtrap.com/t/74199/really-really-really-need-putting-help-10-girs-not-a-single-par

Videos:

Started on hole 10

Hole 10. par 3, on on 2, putting for par

Hole 11, Par 4, on in 2, putting for birdie,,, missed it ,,, 2 putt

Hole 8

Par 5, on in 5, putting for bogie..missed it. 2 putt

Hole 9

par 4 on in 3, par putt which was never gonna make, was gonna try for bogie but missed that too... 3 putt

In the :tmade: san clemente 14 way bag: :ping: G30 Stiff shaft driver 9deg upped to 10 :tmade: RocketBallz 4-sw Steel Stiff Shaft :callaway: 50 degree wedge :wilson_staff: 58 deg Wedge :cleve: Center shaft putter :titleist: Balls & :footjoy: BOA shoes

As regulars around here have probably heard me say, I'm not an excellent putter, so take my opinion for what it's worth.

To me your stroke doesn't look terrible.  There are some good pieces there.  The main issue I see is that on the forward stroke you're tilting and rotating your body and sort of jabbing at it with the motion coming from tilting your body and rotating and dipping with your body and legs.  On the long putt in the last video, look at the amount of knee bend you get!  If you look at the video @iacas posted in your other thread, you'll notice his lower body doesn't move AT ALL.  The pendulum and swing comes all from the core, lower back through upper back (I'm not counting the tiny bit of motion from soft wrists as where the motion is coming from, because it's not).

I'd try practicing some putts with NO motion below the waist.  Your legs shouldn't move at all and your hips shouldn't rotate at all either.  Try to get a smooth stroke through with absolutely no movement either below the waist or from the shoulders or elbows (and not much from the wrists/hands, soft wrists definitely doesn't mean push at it with active wrist motion).

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

As regulars around here have probably heard me say, I'm not an excellent putter, so take my opinion for what it's worth.

To me your stroke doesn't look terrible.  There are some good pieces there.  The main issue I see is that on the forward stroke you're tilting and rotating your body and sort of jabbing at it with the motion coming from tilting your body and rotating and dipping with your body and legs.  On the long putt in the last video, look at the amount of knee bend you get!  If you look at the video @iacas posted in your other thread, you'll notice his lower body doesn't move AT ALL.  The pendulum and swing comes all from the core, lower back through upper back (I'm not counting the tiny bit of motion from soft wrists as where the motion is coming from, because it's not).

I'd try practicing some putts with NO motion below the waist.  Your legs shouldn't move at all and your hips shouldn't rotate at all either.  Try to get a smooth stroke through with absolutely no movement either below the waist or from the shoulders or elbows (and not much from the wrists/hands, soft wrists definitely doesn't mean push at it with active wrist motion).

Thanks, after recording i did notice the tilting on the long putt at hole no 9 .... will keep this in mind ...

In the :tmade: san clemente 14 way bag: :ping: G30 Stiff shaft driver 9deg upped to 10 :tmade: RocketBallz 4-sw Steel Stiff Shaft :callaway: 50 degree wedge :wilson_staff: 58 deg Wedge :cleve: Center shaft putter :titleist: Balls & :footjoy: BOA shoes

• 1 month later...

I've been Playing Golf for: 1.5  to 2 yrs now

My current handicap index or average score is: fluctuates... but today was 21 over

My typical ball flight is: average

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: sometimes a fade / low ball flight some times a pull

This is the video from my driver at a par 4 hole 11, it is a crappy vid pls excuse

This is a pitching wedge from abt 110 from the flag which i put on the fringe on the left  still managed a par

Any / all comments are helpful

This is a re hit of the driver which i pulled :)  i was aiming left thinking the ball will fade but just whack ..... pulled it i think

Last video is private. Also, you should tell your camera person to center the shot along your toe line. http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Last video is private.

now ?

now ?

Good now. Busy ATM, will give you better feedback later.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

The thing that jumps out at me immediately, is you're losing your spine's inclination to the ground and standing up during your backswing. Because of that, your first move in the downswing is to get get back down to the ball, which will cause inconsistencies. You need more side tilt. It should feel like you are turning your left shoulder down and your right shoulder up and around you in the backswing. You should feel a stretch in your right side at the top. Would be great if you can get a face on view as well.

Bill

My Swing Thread

The thing that jumps out at me immediately, is you're losing your spine's inclination to the ground and standing up during your backswing. Because of that, your first move in the downswing is to get get back down to the ball, which will cause inconsistencies.

You need more side tilt. It should feel like you are turning your left shoulder down and your right shoulder up and around you in the backswing. You should feel a stretch in your right side at the top.

Would be great if you can get a face on view as well.

Thanks

Will try to get those things into play,  and try and get better videos on monday IST :)

What abtout the take away the contact and the follow through ?

What abtout the take away the contact and the follow through ?

It's best if you only work on one piece at a time, and the tilting is going to be a pretty significant change from what you're used to. Clean that up, and some of the other problems may get fixed, too.

Bill

My Swing Thread

• 4 weeks later...

here are 3 more vids for a couple of days back

the big difference i felt that on the first 2 drives the face at address was closed a lil and the ball faded where as on the third it was neutral and ball did not fade

@billchao

hole 12, aiming left tree line went exactly there faded in and landed center fairway about 250 yds

hole 16 aiming for the big tree on the left front, goes there fades in appx 275 yds

hole 17 aiming for the tree line on the left, goes there no fade in appx 260 yds

Honestly, it looks pretty much the same to me. How have you been practicing and implementing the changes?

Bill

My Swing Thread

I would like to see a face view but what jumps out to me is Key 1.  I would say you may have some weight forward issues but it would need to be confirmed with the face view.  Your head is moving quite a bit during your swing

@billchao prcatising mostly at the range and seeing some youtube vids, what other practise routines can i follow ?

@Brian W

i will get a face on vid soon.

@billchao prcatising mostly at the range and seeing some youtube vids, what other practise routines can i follow ?

That's not exactly what I meant. I was trying to find out what your actual practice habits were. Do you just hit a bucket of balls, or do you do drills, slow motion movements, etc.? This is what I'm getting at:

Youtube can be good, but you need to focus on what the priority is in your swing. You still have to work on that head movement. Like I said, your recent swing doesn't look much different than the first ones you posted.

This is as close to a routine as I can point you: . Everyone's swing is a little different, their needs different, and the rate at which they correct (or not) problems is different, so there's no real set routine that you can follow. Just work on your priority and when it improves, move on to the next one.

Bill

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 3531 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!