IGNORED

Is Phil Mickelson fake?

supercow
Note: This thread is 3564 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 members have voted

1. 1. Is Phil Mickelson fake?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Know/Maybe

I don't know Phil but I met his wife Amy at the Arnold Palmer Bay Hill Invitational. I had just come from the Golf Channel where I was interviewed. She was lovely. Genuinely interested. Looks you straight in the eyes when talking to you, remembers your name. Phil walked by a few times while we were talking during a few holes. Blushed like a schoolboy. Still in love...

Author of "Striking It Rich: Golf in the Kingdom with Generals, Patients and Pros"
www.reidsheftall.com

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea, but other tour players think he is. And that's why they call him FIGJAM.

I personally think he faked the injury at Oakmont for something to fall back on if he lost.....Interesting you bring that up...Heres a good article about what really goes on with Phil behind the scenes....

http://men.style.com/gq/features/ful...4103&pageNum;=2

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

Definately a vague thread. "Fake" is a subjective term and is perceived by the presentation of the media, and unfortunately so. Since I don't know him, I can't say one way or another. What I can say with some certainty is that his golf game is not fake by any stretch.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I personally think he faked the injury at Oakmont for something to fall back on if he lost.....Interesting you bring that up...Heres a good article about what really goes on with Phil behind the scenes....

1) that article is dated (old)

2) it is what, a fashion magazine or some such BS 3) Tiger's equipment was inferior (steel shafts, etc.) I guess telling the truth is terrible 4) beeper thing... who cares 5) If Phil is a little cocky... good, I like a little cockyness. 6) no way in hell injury was fake... I see no evidence of such an unsubstantiated claim...
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Other players said, ‘How about helping the rest of us who aren’t as rich?’ ”

That quote speaks volumes. It's always the guys who don't have and who aren't blessed with the skills that bitch and moan about those that do. I see it in baseball, football, basketball and now, golf.

I thought golf would be immune from such nonsense since you are solely responsible for the results. It's not a teammate, an umpire or referee, a coach. Granted, the elements come into play and there are some unfortunate bounces.

To go off on Mickelson because he thinks he's good (newsflash, he is) and is loaded is just asinine and childish. I have yet to meet a professional athlete that did not have an aura and carry a presence. That comes with confidence and I think it's a good thing.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

There is enough snuff on the Internet to fill a small planet.

I've never heard of MenStyle.com and assume there is probably a reason for that. Go Phil!

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

He is a genuine country club silver spoon fake jerk. Oh and by the way the guy who said Nicklaus was fake I am buying what you are selling. He always seemed about as warm and genuine as Simon Cowell. I still think he is the best player ever but don't buy his warmth.

I don't think that comments about his silverspoon country club status are very nice. So what if he is privileged..comments like that stink of sour grapes. I agree with previous commentors that it is only those who are inferior to him or have 'less' who criticise.

If you don't like his success, then get on the range and start beating some balls!

There is enough snuff on the Internet to fill a small planet.

MenStyle.com is the website of GQ magazine, a massive selling magazine here in the UK, not sure about the US

Driver - 905r 9.5* with UST Proforce VT Stiff
3 Wood - SQ 3+ 13* with Grafallloy prolaunch blue Stiff
5 Wood - SQ 5* 19 with Aldila NV65 stiff
Irons - MP 67 3 + 5-PW 2deg Up + 1/2" with DG S300 shaft.
Wedges - SV 52/10 with true temper s400 BV Spin Milled 56/10 Wedge Flex BV Spin Milled 60/04...

I don't think that comments about his silverspoon country club status are very nice. So what if he is privileged..comments like that stink of sour grapes. I agree with previous commentors that it is only those who are inferior to him or have 'less' who criticise.

This thread isn't about me. It is about opinions of what Phil Mickelson is really like. Guess you didn't get the memo.

ok

According to the article many of the pros call him FIGJAM- F--- Im Good, Just Ask Me. If his success has made him unpopular then it is important that he has faith in himself because it seems like there are many who would want to stand in his way. It is common knowledge that Phil and TW do not get on too well, probably because he is TW s main rival. I prefer Phil to TW (don't call me a racist)....seems like more of a gentleman- i find TW a bit obnoxious, but perhaps it is important to be that way if you re are to reach the top of your tree and stay there for a prolonged period of time.

• 2 months later...
yes Phil Mickelson is fake.

He was created 25 years ago in a secret goverment cave deep in the Appalachian mountains. They wanted to create a "super-golfer" from the most sophisticated technology at the time. His armor is impenatrable steel and his core is liquid nitrogen. The only problem....they wired him backwards. So thats how we get the signature "lefty".

DRIVER: MACTEC NVG2 Draw 10.5*
WOODS: Big Bertha Warbird 3&7 wood
IRONS: Magique Custom 3-9
WEDGES: PW, Horizon 56*, The Pirate 60*
PUTTER: ????BALLS: Laddie ExtremeMy Scores-http://www.oobgolf.com/golfers/pinbacksc

Yes he is just made up.

Yea He's just a hologram, they put him in there so it looks like someone can beat Tiger.

In my Grom Stand Bag:

Driver: Launcher 400
Hybrid: Idea a30s Boxer 2i
Irons: MP-60's 4-PWWedge: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 56.12Wedge: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 60.4Putter: I-Series Anser 4Ball: Prov1

What a laugh! The guy is nowhere near as fake as a lot of the posts in this thread. And I don't mean the intentionally amusing ones.

If he were reading this, he'd have tears running down his ...

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

no way he's legit in my mind

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

the only thing fake about phil are his boobs, definately looks like he's had breast implants

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Note: This thread is 3564 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!