IGNORED

No shirt, 27 clubs in bag, plus thoughts on the laser rangefider. My observations this week.

snapfade
Note: This thread is 3603 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

That may be the dumbest post I have ever read..........

surely you are joking?  As if the "old way" of getting yardages was quicker?  LOL.....finding sprinklers and pacing?  I don't mean to be rude, but that was a stupid @zz comment.  Sure.....approaching a golf ball and obtaining exact yardage in an instant slows things down...............riiiiiiight!

Not joking in the slightest. Patience is not one of my primary virtues and I find no humor whatsoever in things that delay the striking of golf shots. And don't sweat the rudeness thing -- I promise you that I couldn't care less about your opinions of my opinions, as sensitivity toward criticism isn't real high on my list of personal character traits, either.

Prior to rangefinders, there were far fewer people even concerned with precise yardages to pins. Yeah, I played with a few guys who paced off every shot from a marked sprinkler head -- I played with them exactly once, unless I had the misfortune of being paired with them again in some type of draw event.

I can't elude the Bushnell Boys, though. They're all over the course, all of the time.

John

Perhaps he suckered someone into a bet dressed like that?

Could have been. ;-)

He was playing with a guy that wasn't nearly as good as he was.

I wear my rangefinder on my belt - always.     I use it as soon as I step out of the cart, takes me no more than 5 seconds to retrieve it from its holster, shoot a pin and put it back.      I've played with others who are about the same ... most guys that have them are pretty serious golfers & know how to use them.      I'm sure there are exceptions, but is 5 seconds considered a waste of time & slowing down the game ?    It's probably no slower than looking around, trying to find a yardage marker, squinting at the flag - trying to decide if its tucked in close, middle or back,  pulling 2 or 3 clubs because you don't know the distance.     I just don't see where using a rangefinder is a problem from a taking too long perspective ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I use a rangefinder from time to time and I am not remotely concerned with exact yardages to pins, hazards, etc.  I am using it to get a "rough" distance to what i am looking at so I can select the club that will get me to that approximate location.  Yes the rangefinder is exact but I don't need that, if it were rounding to the nearest 10 yds it would work for me.  If I hit 10 shots with the same club (and most other golfers as well) no 2 would land in the same place or even close to that so why do you need an exact yardage?

I do agree with you though, some do laser every possible thing on the course, have you ever been on the course with someone who keeps lasing the group in front of you when you are on the tee box?  "They are only 290 yds out I better wait a little longer".......they drive, it's a 200 yarder!

Note: This thread is 3603 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!