IGNORED

Cleveland Cavaliers fire Mike Brown... again!

Spyder
Note: This thread is 3571 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So the Cavs just fired Mike Brown again and they also named David Griffin as the General Manager moving forward.

Mike Brown was a horrible coach though and his time was definitely up. Hell, let's be honest, it was up the first time around when he failed to win with LeBron and all of the other money that was spent to make that season a success (Antawn, Shaq, etc.). Then, he fails in L.A. with Kobe and co. Now, he comes back and fails yet again (although, admittedly, as I expected) with Kyrie and a very young team. I think the level at which he failed though spoke volumes to his lack of coaching ability. Claiming he didn't know which players were on the court, or losing track of time management and timeouts, or losing track of which players played what amount of time, etc. is just mind boggling.

I'm just praying that we do not hire Mike D'Antoni now. Although, we can pretty much get the "LeBron is coming back!" sheep to shut up if that were the case. The downside is that the "Kyrie is leaving Cleveland!" stories will start running like wildfire.

ESPN Article

Staring to feel bad for Cleveland fans. The Cavs are a disaster, and the Browns are, well....the Browns. Drafting "show me the money" Manziel isn't going to go well, either.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

And once again, a good friend of mine who roots for the Bengals has his hopes brought up by a news headline, only to have them promptly dashed.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

It's really difficult being a Cleveland sports fan.  Most times you just scratch your head and mutter, 'what were they thinking?'

Cavs - keep hiring 'defensive minded' coaches, hold teams under 95 points MOST game but can't score 90 to get a win.  The GOAL of basketball is to score MORE points than the opposing team.  Get guys who can put the ball in the hole consistently enough to score 100 points per game.

Indians - lose two very productive starting pitchers through free-agency.  They do NOTHING to get more bats in the lineup to compensate for lack of pitching.  In April, the Tribe averages 2.2 runs per game.  It's not rocket science to figure out they lost a LOT of games in April.  And your #4 hole hitter is hitting .136?  Wow.

Browns:  Draft Johnny Football on Thursday and find out the best player on the team, Josh Gordon, will likely miss the entire 2014 season due to ANOTHER failed drug test.  The team KNEW this and STILL didn't draft a single receiver last week!!!  Hello, Sammy Watkins was there at #4 when you picked a cornerback.  Tell me, IF Manziel gets in there, who is he going to throw the ball to?  Wow, just WOW.

I need new teams to root for.  It's miserable not having ANY teams that win.

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

It's really difficult being a Cleveland sports fan.  Most times you just scratch your head and mutter, 'what were they thinking?'

Cavs - keep hiring 'defensive minded' coaches, hold teams under 95 points MOST game but can't score 90 to get a win.  The GOAL of basketball is to score MORE points than the opposing team.  Get guys who can put the ball in the hole consistently enough to score 100 points per game.

Indians - lose two very productive starting pitchers through free-agency.  They do NOTHING to get more bats in the lineup to compensate for lack of pitching.  In April, the Tribe averages 2.2 runs per game.  It's not rocket science to figure out they lost a LOT of games in April.  And your #4 hole hitter is hitting .136?  Wow.

Browns:  Draft Johnny Football on Thursday and find out the best player on the team, Josh Gordon, will likely miss the entire 2014 season due to ANOTHER failed drug test.  The team KNEW this and STILL didn't draft a single receiver last week!!!  Hello, Sammy Watkins was there at #4 when you picked a cornerback.  Tell me, IF Manziel gets in there, who is he going to throw the ball to?  Wow, just WOW.

dave

As far as the Browns' draft is concerned, I can't be mad at the Gilbert pick. They did secure a 2015 1st rounder by dropping back and grabbing the top CB on the board. That was thanks to the Richardson trade also, so we essentially got 2 first rounders for Trent if you dissect the draft, which makes it even more of a win.

We can still make a move via trade and grab another WR. Not a WR on Josh's level perhaps, but a WR that can be serviceable to stack wins. After all, where did the Falcons with Julio, the Bengals with Green and the Lions with Megatron end up last year?

I don't think success is out of the question with Gordon missing, though it is a huge kick in the nuts for sure. Maybe I'm a cliche Browns fan being hopelessly optimistic, but I still feel okay about this team for the upcoming season.

One bright note is that Haden just signed an extension through 2019 earlier today, so that's something to be happy about!

(I know the Browns took Manziel with the Richardson trade-pick, but I need to twist it a bit to feel good about the Browns. I see it as trading Richardson allowed us to sit tight in the bottom of the first round and wait for a QB, while being flexible with our earned pick for sucking. Just let me have my twisted fantasy draft, please..)

dave

As for the Indians, it was just APRIL, I mean come on man. How can you complain about the Indians after one month of baseball.

As for the Browns. Gordon is a drug addict. The Browns signed him knowing he had issues. He was kicked out of Baylor for drug issues. When you play with fire you get burned. I say they try to trade him away, or just cut ties with him. Get something out of him before he gets his final strike and gets banned from the NFL.

Honestly, I like the fact that they didn't draft a wide receiver. Anybody who things a team is built on one draft is crazy. They wanted to build a solid defense and they got players who can do that. Especially another DB opposite of Hayden. Who says any of the WR drafted will pan out worth anything. Why go outside the plan?

Look at Seattle, they were ranked 12th in the NFC in passing offense last year and won the super bowl. I have no problem with them not going all ape shit crazy by reaching for a wide receiver. Doesn't bother me one bit. This is a multi-year project for the browns. Guess what they will have two first round draft picks next year. If the Bills stink it up, they could end up with two top 15 picks. It's always easier to plug WR into an offense than it is other positions. They go out and get themselves a tall athletic TE who can block on the edge, and also a good speed WR. Next looks promising.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Matt / Spyder:  NFL power rankings just released by ESPN:  Browns rank = 32.  Ok, it IS ESPN and they don't give Cleveland any love ever.  On the flipside, they didn't rank them 11th in the NFL either.

And yep, it is only April for the Tribe.  I'll be at a bunch of games when the weather cooperates.  Nothing better than a warm night and cold beer at the ball yard.

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Matt / Spyder:  NFL power rankings just released by ESPN:  Browns rank = 32.  Ok, it IS ESPN and they don't give Cleveland any love ever.

Do any of the Cleveland teams really deserve any love? 50 years of mediocrity among three sports kind of guarantees you won't be getting the benefit of the doubt. (I do agree that 32's a little harsh, though it's probably closer to correct than not without Josh Gordon.) [quote name="saevel25" url="/t/74517/cleveland-cavaliers-fire-mike-brown-again#post_989438"] As for the Indians, it was just APRIL, I mean come on man. How can you complain about the Indians after one month of baseball. [/quote] I think the worry there is that the Indians probably overachieved a bit last year, and this poor start is more indicative of their talent level. I apologize for bringing my own team into this, but Red Sox fans have had much of the same reaction this season. They won more games than they probably should have last year, and though .500 is probably a bit low for the Sox, they're almost certainly going to regress compared to last year. Same for the Indians.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• 1 month later...

Do any of the Cleveland teams really deserve any love? 50 years of mediocrity among three sports kind of guarantees you won't be getting the benefit of the doubt.

That seems a little ridiculous...

While there's been a title drought, to say it's been constant mediocrity is a stretch. The mid 90's produced and Indians team with possibly the best hitting lineup of all time. They fell short twice in the world series, but that's not mediocrity. The Cavs with LeBron were constantly in it...that's not mediocrity.

I guess when you factor in the Browns of the past 25 years though...their crap level brings everything else down lol

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Note: This thread is 3571 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!