IGNORED

golf posture and eyeglasses (the head position)

Note: This thread is 3629 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Last year when I had taken golf pro lesson he told me: "keep your chin up and look down with your eyes" Well as it stands with combination of myopia and astigmatism I cannot see the ball clearly - when looking down essentially along my nose with my chin up. Happens with contact lenses happens with glasses... The teacher acknowledged my concern but he DID NOT offer any solution to me. This subject of golf posture and chin up or down was also adressed in the swing thoughts forum section. (Albeit without eyeglass wearer's input) Basically with my contacts I gotta see the ball from the center of the eyes - not bottom corner.

Last year when I had taken golf pro lesson he told me: "keep your chin up and look down with your eyes"

Well as it stands with combination of myopia and astigmatism I cannot see the ball clearly - when looking down essentially along my nose with my chin up.

Happens with contact lenses happens with glasses...

The teacher acknowledged my concern but he DID NOT offer any solution to me.

This subject of golf posture and chin up or down was also adressed in the swing thoughts forum section. (Albeit without eyeglass wearer's input)

Basically with my contacts I gotta see the ball from the center of the eyes - not bottom corner.

My coach told me the same thing. Do what is comfortable WHILE keeping your head down. Some times, you just have to do what is comfortable. Just as long as you aren't stiff necked, or drooping, I don't think it's too big of an issue. The reason they tell you to keep your chin up is a better spinal alignment. Keep that in mind. Again, do what is comfortable and works for you WHILE doing the right things right.

Everyone has different problems, issues, injuries, habits, etc. that make their swing different. I'm all about being comfortable in your golf swing WHILE doing the right things right. I don't believe in "forcing" your self to do something that feels really bad. With that being said, if you have just awful mechanics, doing the right things might feel uncomfortable AT FIRST, but the golf swing really is supposed to be an effortless, smooth, natural thing.

This is a quote from Ernie Els. Skip to the 53 second mark.

Hope it helps.

Dylan

Twitter: @d_brock504

Take a look at this thread and this one

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Last year when I had taken golf pro lesson he told me: "keep your chin up and look down with your eyes"

Well as it stands with combination of myopia and astigmatism I cannot see the ball clearly - when looking down essentially along my nose with my chin up.

Happens with contact lenses happens with glasses...

The teacher acknowledged my concern but he DID NOT offer any solution to me.

This subject of golf posture and chin up or down was also adressed in the swing thoughts forum section. (Albeit without eyeglass wearer's input)

Basically with my contacts I gotta see the ball from the center of the eyes - not bottom corner.

Good that is how you are suppose to see the ball!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Yeah don't do that......

Do this

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 3629 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!