IGNORED

Most Embarrassing Moments on the Course?

jakepalm
Note: This thread is 1317 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I BELEIVE SOMEONE SHOULD B ABLE 2 TAKE A DROP WITHOUT PENALTY IF THERE BALL LANDS IN FECES

The penalty is the cost of the ball, there is no way in hell I'm ever touching that ball again.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Please turn off your cap locks and stop pooping in bunkers.

Thank you,

Ernest

The voice of Zeus can only be displayed in capital letters.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I never would have thought a thread started by myself would end up with people shitting in bunkers..I need to start lowering my expectations.

We must harness the crystiles.

:tmade: Nubbins B7 Putter

:tmade: r7 460 Graphite Driver

The penalty is the cost of the ball, there is no way in hell I'm ever touching that ball again.

Yes. You should never have to take a drop where someone else did.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I never would have thought a thread started by myself would end up with people shitting in bunkers..I need to start lowering my expectations.

Welcome to the interwebs! :beer:

Short par 4 (330), great drive off the tee....rolled out a LONG ways and left an approach from 60 yards.

My playing partner and I discuss shots, I was hesitant to pull my LW even though 60 yards is a perfect full swing.  I've been hitting partials with my SW, but that's more for 70-95 yards distances really......

Hitting well, so I go with the LW....

Grab the club, full swing, beautiful contact and flight and watch it fly over the green and land about 40 yards past......

here's the bit:  I was just talking on the ride to the ball about how I color code my wedges since I don't want to squint at the tiny numbers on the clubs (50, 56, 60 all look pretty similar if just glancing at them) so thusly:  LW- blue , SW- yellow , GW- orange , PW- red (red is the rest of the bag).  Feeling pretty clever about it really.  Even talked about a different color on the 9i so I don't have to be concerned about confusing with the 6i

Amazed that I hit my LW so very far, I look down at my "blue" club........it magically turned orange .......

(Went ahead and hit a 'fun' ball with the blue, perfect, 15 foot putt for birdie.....too bad, have to play the first ball - I had a nice chip and saved par, so it's not really that embarassing.  But I don't have any better stories.)

Bill - 

Short par 4 (330), great drive off the tee....rolled out a LONG ways and left an approach from 60 yards.

My playing partner and I discuss shots, I was hesitant to pull my LW even though 60 yards is a perfect full swing.  I've been hitting partials with my SW, but that's more for 70-95 yards distances really......

Hitting well, so I go with the LW....

Grab the club, full swing, beautiful contact and flight and watch it fly over the green and land about 40 yards past......

here's the bit:  I was just talking on the ride to the ball about how I color code my wedges since I don't want to squint at the tiny numbers on the clubs (50, 56, 60 all look pretty similar if just glancing at them) so thusly:  LW-blue, SW-yellow, GW-orange, PW-red (red is the rest of the bag).  Feeling pretty clever about it really.  Even talked about a different color on the 9i so I don't have to be concerned about confusing with the 6i

Amazed that I hit my LW so very far, I look down at my "blue" club........it magically turned orange.......

(Went ahead and hit a 'fun' ball with the blue, perfect, 15 foot putt for birdie.....too bad, have to play the first ball - I had a nice chip and saved par, so it's not really that embarassing.  But I don't have any better stories.)

How do you see the grip color when the club heads are sticking out of the bag?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

You keep pulling random clubs until you see the color, duh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

Sooooo....you have the same question as me???? :-P

-Matt-

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Or just get a really big bag and cram them in head first! :-D

Count me among the knuckleheads that have hit 9-iron having meant to pull 6-iron though.  And no matter how well you hit it, it's coming up about 40 yards short every time!   Good grief...... :doh:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Sooooo....you have the same question as me????

Yep! :beer:

Or just get a really big bag and cram them in head first!

You win! :beer:

Seems odd to hit the wrong club by accident to me.  Doesn't everyone put their clubs back into specific compartments in their bag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ledo81 View Post

(little mirror on a stick, duh.  Maybe I'll cut off the bottom of the bag too.)

you guys are funny (hopefully you're trying to be funny instead of otherwise) - it's a 'double check' for me for afterwards when I picked the wrong club)

not mistake proof apparently - will be from now on though

Quote:
Seems odd to hit the wrong club by accident to me.  Doesn't everyone put their clubs back into specific compartments in their bag?

it is odd, happened, so far, once.  The 60 and 50 both go in the end slots of the bottom row.  (mirror image slots).  all the wedges are the same length.

best to, at some point, take my eyes off the hole and get set up

Bill - 

here's the bit:  I was just talking on the ride to the ball about how I color code my wedges since I don't want to squint at the tiny numbers on the clubs (50, 56, 60 all look pretty similar if just glancing at them) so thusly:  LW-blue, SW-yellow, GW-orange, PW-red (red is the rest of the bag).  Feeling pretty clever about it really.  Even talked about a different color on the 9i so I don't have to be concerned about confusing with the 6i

Amazed that I hit my LW so very far, I look down at my "blue" club........it magically turned orange.......

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

(little mirror on a stick, duh.  Maybe I'll cut off the bottom of the bag too.)

you guys are funny (hopefully you're trying to be funny instead of otherwise) - it's a 'double check' for me for afterwards when I picked the wrong club)

not mistake proof apparently - will be from now on though

I was actually somewhat serious based on what you said in the first post.  Obviously I realize there is no way to see the color without pulling the club, but was still wondering what you do.  I could not imagine you would keep pulling clubs until you get the right color.

-Matt-

I hate when I take a piss in the woods. I feel like someone is watching me no matter much I try to hide myself. I did it again today and felt so shameful afterward.

We must harness the crystiles.

:tmade: Nubbins B7 Putter

:tmade: r7 460 Graphite Driver

I hate when I take a piss in the woods. I feel like someone is watching me no matter much I try to hide myself. I did it again today and felt so shameful afterward.

On Memorial Day, I saw some 400 pound behemoth hiding behind the smallest ficus on the damn course in the MIDDLE of the course. At least you had the decency to go into the woods like a normal guy. This dude was probably a 12 pack in though and was facing the tee box and club house doing so. At least two-hundo was sticking out on each side of that damn little sapling.

Count me among the knuckleheads that have hit 9-iron having meant to pull 6-iron though.  And no matter how well you hit it, it's coming up about 40 yards short every time!   Good grief......  :doh:

I did the exact opposite. Meant to pull 9 iron but ended up pulling 6 iron and hit it over the green into thick bushes.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Note: This thread is 1317 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!