IGNORED

Most Embarrassing Moments on the Course?

jakepalm
Note: This thread is 1299 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Par 3, 3rd hole at Blackmoor GC in Richmond, Ohio. I reversed shanked the ball. I hit the outside of the ball with the outside of the hosel. The ball bounced and hit me. :doh:

That takes some considerable skill!

Gaz Lee

Not mine, but my partner had a "bathroom accident" on the course in the middle of a tournament. Not a pleasant experience at all. Luckily there was a restroom nearby and he could tie a sweater around his waist.

i hit a terrible shot with my hybrid.  turned and with mild vehemence slammed (really, slammed is almost too strong a word) it on one of the tires of my push cart.  the head snapped right off at the hosel.  i was ashamed and embarrassed by my childish behavior.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Playing in a tournament. First hole. I kinda thought I needed to fart, but swung anyway, and farted after impact quite loudly. Had only known the guys 10 minutes but we all laughed and carried on

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Playing in a tournament. First hole. I kinda thought I needed to fart, but swung anyway, and farted after impact quite loudly. Had only known the guys 10 minutes but we all laughed and carried on

You were just adding some power to your swing, and it least it shows you that you swing relaxed!

Last year at my company golf outing that had 2 deep shotgun starts as we had so many people. On the 3rd hole that had to have a sponsor table at it I had a wicked tee shot so wanted to take a provisional and did not have a ball so a guy in my group gave me one.  Yea it was an exploding powder filled ball. It did not feel odd at all.  I did not expect it at all.  That thing busted in to a huge cloud of white dust.  Oh yea it was in front of about 20 people as well....

Following up a 72 on day one of an amateur event with an 87.. wanted to quit so bad.

I noticed that as golfers get better, their embarrassing moments seem to be score related.

Yeah, I have to admit that 15 strokes is pretty bad. The "87" would be pretty darn good for me though.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Following up a 72 on day one of an amateur event with an 87.. wanted to quit so bad.

c'mon - you can do better than that

I have one for about every round - here's one

warm ups before my first ever league tee - hitting and putting really good, some of the guys know my game is 'ok' and they are embarassing me about me 'taking' away the low handicap position from the current guy, in the league, etc etc etc....

so 1st hole driver - sculled to just barely in the fairway

Bill - 

Meh. Bad golf shots don't embarrass me anymore. Just last weekend I was playing with @saevel25 and chunked my opening tee shot then chunked my next attempt to advance the ball up the fairway. I was ticked because I doubled the hole after wasting two perfectly good shots though.

- Shane

Meh. Bad golf shots don't embarrass me anymore. Just last weekend I was playing with @saevel25 and chunked my opening tee shot then chunked my next attempt to advance the ball up the fairway. I was ticked because I doubled the hole after wasting two perfectly good shots though.

Welcome to my world. I think I'm the only person to get within 30 yards on a tee shot of a par 4 hole and double it.

I'm really sorry to say that it's not embarrassing for my skill level.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

great point - bad shots shouldn't be embarassing

let's get back to stories about people crapping their pants and falling into swamps and getting shot down by the cart girl in a very public manner.....

Bill - 

Any time a slower group allows you to tee off and pass them up is nerve wracking for me.   I don't like an audience and these are the times that any kind of mishit seems to be pretty amplified.

great point - bad shots shouldn't be embarassing

let's get back to stories about people crapping their pants and falling into swamps and getting shot down by the cart girl in a very public manner.....

Speaking of cart girls, a guy in our league asked our cart girl Brandy, who is quite stunning BTW, if the "Brandy" tattoo on her shoulder meant that she was that sweet. He didn't know her name and about fell over when she replied without hesitation that it was her girlfriend's name.

- Shane

Welcome to my world. I think I'm the only person to get within 30 yards on a tee shot of a par 4 hole and double it.

I'm really sorry to say that it's not embarrassing for my skill level.

Yeah. Quite often can count my score as par + stupid shots.

- Shane

Had one of those really nerve-wracking moments when I first started playing a few years ago. Got on the first tee, small crowd as the club team had tee'd off before us. I stepped up to the tee and proceeded to throw my driver about 15 yards, while the ball and tee remained untouched.....

When I first played on a full size 18 holer around 12 yrs ago! 1st tee, bit of a crowd watching, I'm trembling like a shitting dog, took an awfully fast swing attempting to knock the ball into next week, but missed the ball completely! I Could hear all the sniggering as I re composed myself, did exactly the same thing again! The sniggering became a loud laughter, I re composed myself again, thought to myself I just need to hit it this time, then sliced it 50yrds into the trees! I was mortified! It still gets a mention even now after 12 years!

Gaz Lee

Note: This thread is 1299 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!