IGNORED

2014 Erie/Cleveland/Pittsburgh/Buffalo Summer Get-Together (August 16-17)

iacas
Note: This thread is 3520 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Since you cite your example, and if it is not like asking a lady their age, would you mind telling us your carry distance and ball flight? I think your maybes might be definite yesses for me and some other who carry 235ish.

Let's just play some golf when y'all arrive, okay? :) I don't want to talk anyone into anything. Decide, play golf, enjoy the day. :)

I'm just pointing out that it's not a "short" 6450 yards.

So when do we find out about the groups/pairings? How are they picked - pulled out of a hat or handicap balance?

Maybe later tonight. I dunno though. Still missing one player.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Let's just play some golf when y'all arrive, okay? :) I don't want to talk anyone into anything. Decide, play golf, enjoy the day. :)

Uhh, tease. :-X

Vishal S.

Since you cite your example, and if it is not like asking a lady their age, would you mind telling us your carry distance and ball flight? I think your maybes might be definite yesses for me and some other who carry 235ish.

You'll be fine, especially if you can carry it 235

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Easy for you to say, I suck and I haven't played golf in a month :-P

You can't do worse than I did coming off only 2 weeks vacation from golf. ;-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I think I've overdone my preparation.... 70 holes in 2 days....

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

You'll be fine, especially if you can carry it 235

I think I may be misunderstood from my posts and I feel the need to explain myself. Even if it was a short 6450 yards, it is PLENTY long for me! Actually very much on the high side of my comfort zone (I usually play 6200-6300 max) which is why I thought I can whale away driver at anything that longer folks (I am pretty certain there are quite a few in this group) might have to tee with a 3 wood/5 wood or even less.  All is good though. Never played in PA and very excited at the opportunity especially with TST. :-)

Vishal S.

I think I've overdone my preparation.... 70 holes in 2 days....

As long as your body isn't worn down, no such thing. ;)

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

As long as your body isn't worn down, no such thing. ;)

I'm a little sore because I'm using different muscles lately since the swing changes but I'm sure that'll pass. I probably won't hit the course again until my league night just to recover a bit.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• Administrator

I'm a little sore…

… I call BS. Everyone knows golf is not a sport. :-)

Tentative groupings will come out later today.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Practice that short game :-P

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I just checked out the Whispering Woods website. Nice looking course. I'm hoping to make a trip to western NY next summer. I'd like to put this course on my agenda. Looks like you better keep it straight. :-)

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

235 carry is short game for SOME!

For course with a few (of course, not all) 400+ yard par 4s and having to hit hybrids for approach shots all day to get close to the green? Um, yeah. Anyway, glad to be appointed as the group's whipping boy. Keep them coming. :-D

Vishal S.

Just remember, they serve cold beer in Erie too.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

For course with a few (of course, not all) 400+ yard par 4s and having to hit hybrids for approach shots all day to get close to the green? Um, yeah. Anyway, glad to be appointed as the group's whipping boy. Keep them coming.

5 out of the 10 par 4's are over 400 yards. 3 out of the ten are 300 yards or less. So it evens out I think.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

For course with a few (of course, not all) 400+ yard par 4s and having to hit hybrids for approach shots all day to get close to the green? Um, yeah. Anyway, glad to be appointed as the group's whipping boy. Keep them coming.

You can just play it as 3 shots to the green and try for par. I usually do, because I am not that great at getting those GiRs.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Note: This thread is 3520 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!