IGNORED

2014 U.S. Opens (Plural!) at Pinehurst #2 Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3355 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wonder which countries have a Grand Slam now that Kaymer mentioned it. I would think the UK has a GS. Maybe Australia?

US, UK, South Africa, Australia are the only ones I can think of. Don't think Spain has a US Open. Germany missing Masters.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

US, UK, South Africa, Australia are the only ones I can think of. Don't think Spain has a US Open. Germany missing Masters.

Doesn't Langer have a Masters?

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Germany is missing the British Open. Langer has two Masters.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Two of them

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I meant the British

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Usa, Australia, South Africa, England, and Scotland are the only ones I think. Spain is missing a Us Open, Germany missing British Open, and I think Northern Ireland doesn't have a masters. Does Argentina get there with Cabrera and De Vicenzo? Or no PGA?

Riley

Usa, Australia, South Africa, England, and Scotland are the only ones I think. Spain is missing a Us Open, Germany missing British Open, and I think Northern Ireland doesn't have a masters. Does Argentina get there with Cabrera and De Vicenzo? Or no PGA?

De Vicenzo never won a U.S. PGA Championship. He won the Argentine one many time, and the Mexico one a few times, but never the U.S. one.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

De Vicenzo never won a U.S. PGA Championship. He won the Argentine one many time, and the Mexico one a few times, but never the U.S. one.

Oh ok because I knew he won the open at Liverpool, but wasn't sure about the PGA. Maybe Angel can get it done :) Unfortunately his best is T19 :(

Riley

Oh ok because I knew he won the open at Liverpool, but wasn't sure about the PGA. Maybe Angel can get it done :) Unfortunately his best is T19 :(

What has Andres Romero done recently?

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

What has Andres Romero done recently?

He's fallen off the map,ranked 266 or something crazy like that. Only has one top 15 all year. Really disappointing I really like him, he's exciting to watch

Riley

• Administrator

Okay, so now that that's over, we can use this thread to discuss…

The 2014 U.S. Women's Open at Pinehurst!

I'm looking for a Wie victory. The fairways are pretty wide, the native areas aren't too bad, and her length will be a plus, as well as the control she's found with her irons of late.

I'm calling it at -2. I wanted to say -6.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I agree with the Wie pick. Even when she's playing conservatively, she's one of the longest hitters out there. It wouldn't surprise me to see Ko take it either, or Thompson or Inbee or Stacy Lewis. The Kraft Nabisco was really awesome; I have high hopes for this one.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

I'd like to see Michelle and Lexi paired in the last round. I'm split between those 2, although Michelle being a mostly west-coast gal, I'd pull a wee bit harder for her.

I've seen a few people comment on this being boring, but what exactly is making this boring? The fact that the winner is pretty much known? Would you have said the same about some of those Tiger blowouts?

Well, since you asked ;-)

They were no  Tigerlike fist pumps, loogy spits, club slams, or F-bombs dropped that I remember. Kaymer was just methodical in taking that course apart.

Tiger also has a way of dominating his opponents and intimidating a field like no other, something NBC would've brought up countless times if Tiger was doing what Kaymer did. :roll:

Then there is the Tiger highlight loop which they would've played every half hour or so....

It was definitely a different kind of golf telecast. I enjoyed it.

Well, since you asked;-)   They were no  Tigerlike fist pumps, loogy spits, club slams, or F-bombs dropped that I remember. Kaymer was just methodical in taking that course apart. Tiger also has a way of dominating his opponents and intimidating a field like no other, something NBC would've brought up countless times if Tiger was doing what Kaymer did.:roll:   Then there is the Tiger highlight loop which they would've played every half hour or so.... It was definitely a different kind of golf telecast. I enjoyed it.

Highly boring. FF'd through most of it, stopped, saw Kaymer up by 8, deleted. Would've watched a Tiger, Phil, Rory, Speith blowout but Marty K? All congrats to him but unwatchable. Bet ratings very, very low. Interested in the ladies this week though.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Note: This thread is 3355 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!