• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pappy01

Your Thoughts

4 posts in this topic

I am 66 yrs old and hit a callaway razr x pro 6 iron today with a stiff shaft. Results were the following.....

Swing speed 85 mph

Carry distance 161

Should I consider this good or should I be trying to get more distance.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I am 66 yrs old and hit a callaway razr x pro 6 iron today with a stiff shaft. Results were the following.....

Swing speed 85 mph

Carry distance 161

Should I consider this good or should I be trying to get more distance.

I to am 66, and if you consistently hit 6i 161, I'd say your doing alright, and would be happy with that distance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm 40 and that's what I hit with reg shafts! Sounds like your doing alright to me!

161 carry... is respectable for 6-iron, at 66 years age!

You're kind of like my dad, except your older and still hit the golf ball really far.... :beer:

I was doing some swing changes myself at the practice range and 161 yards is a long ways for sure. (that's just shy of 150m carry)

With my swing changes my max improved 7-iron total distance is definitely in the region of 165 yards (with range balls)

And I was crushing that ball with my 7-iron at max power... I was hitting 5-iron total distance into 200 yard ranges, somewhere near there, and I was crushing that ball at max power...

With my 24deg hybrid I had about total distance at max power, around 230 yards...

So, if a 66 year old has 6-iron carry distance of 160 ... that's quite good still