IGNORED

Vacation in Mass

Abu3baid
Note: This thread is 2835 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I finally finalized my vacation for this year and it will be for 36 days this sept-oct in mass. Obviously I want to take advantage of this trip in two ways. The first is making sure my wife and kids have a great time.. The second which is important to me and that is what am I going to do about my golfing. I would love to have some sort of agenda in mind before that time, and obviously since it is 3 months away then I have plenty of time to plan,, money should not be an issue for the most part either so here I go with what I'm thinking and I am sure that a lot of you can help with this! In no particular order. Get an edel putter fitting.. I think there is a place in mass, but more importantly will be the timing.. Since I only have about a month I need to make sure I get fitted in time to have them deliver the club to me before I travel back.. Maybe I will discuss with them before I arrive to make sure I schedule things correctly! Fitted for a new set of irons, I think I am ready to move on to a new set to take full advantage of the technologies available! I know there area y threads talking about this, but maybe I should get help in picking out a set by the pro I work with, which brings me to the next point! Work with a 5sk coach! I would love to go down to PA if I am welcome there and work with Erik or Dave as I think this would really help bring everything together for me.. Maybe if there are things to do with the family down there I can somehow convince the wife to take this trip and then I can do my stuff and then enjoy te rest of the time with the family! I don't need another driver although I would love to find out if I should really be using the stiff shaft or not.. I am wondering if I should also get fitted for my wedges to get the correct bounce and the optimal degree separations between them, maybe edel as well? I'll have to look up wedges and learn every thing I need to know. Obviously with all of that I have to make sure I try and get as many rounds of golf and range time as I can, this will be the easiest part because most likely no one will be up at 6 am while I go to the range or play 9 holes till 8 or so.. If I think of anything else I'll jot it down, but I think I'll start with the list above and see where it takes me! I can't wait, 1 month off to try an have as much fun as I can!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

When are you fitting in see divorce lawyer? JK!

As long as I make sure I take them out and have them feel like real tourists then I should be ok,, plus a few visits to the malls and shoe stores and I think I can get away with most of the stuff I mentioned if it ends up getting on the agenda! :)

Eyad

• Administrator

If you do your putter fitting in the first week or so, you should be okay.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

If you do your putter fitting in the first week or so, you should be okay.

Thanks Erik.. I went ahead and emailed one of their master fitters and he told me that he will be available in Mass during the time I will be there.

He mentioned it will take 2 weeks to manufacture and ship, so that is re-assuring for sure!  Can't wait!

Eyad

• 4 months later...

I had a great time in Mass for the past 5 weeks.. I was able to get fitted for my wedges & putter.. I also bought a new set of irons and even took an aimpoint class!

I played a few rounds with family and friends and I practiced a little, but most of all the kids had a great time with all the good weather we have had.

I guess I can only hope that next year there is a reputable 5sk instructor that is near the area I am going to be in..

Until then, for the second year in a row I will be traveling back while it is raining in boston!  Time to finish packing my golf stuff!

Eyad

I had a great time in Mass for the past 5 weeks.. I was able to get fitted for my wedges & putter.. I also bought a new set of irons and even took an aimpoint class!

I played a few rounds with family and friends and I practiced a little, but most of all the kids had a great time with all the good weather we have had.

I guess I can only hope that next year there is a reputable 5sk instructor that is near the area I am going to be in..

Until then, for the second year in a row I will be traveling back while it is raining in boston!  Time to finish packing my golf stuff!

I would love this too!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
I would love this too!

Tell me who some good possibilities are and we can reach out to them. :)

Isn't Eric Cogorno nearby?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogielicious

I would love this too!

Tell me who some good possibilities are and we can reach out to them. :)

Isn't Eric Cogorno nearby?

I know this guy in Erie.  Now if he only moved to Boston......  I have yet to see or hear of anyone good around here.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 6 months later...

I was pretty bummed out this morning.  I have been working on planning my trip back to visit the family this year, and I couldn't find any tickets cheaper than 5.2K USD for the whole family.  I was planning on taking the trip from the middle of July to the middle of Aug.  Finally I settled for the end of July to the end of Aug.  It is just too much IMO for a round trip ticket, but I just couldn't say no to the family to going to the states this year.

Strangely I got an email from another airline website that was advertising tickets for a lot cheaper, but the catch was that the trip would have to be in May/June.. so, I quickly cancelled the trip that I just purchased this morning (it is night time now) for a full refund (cheaptickets offers free cancellation to everything if you do it within 24 hours) and I started searching for May/June and wouldn't you know it, I was able to book my tickets for middle of May to middle of June for 3.2K USD..

I don't know what I was thinking in the morning, but by moving up my trip 2 months I saved 2K.. isn't that exciting!!  Ok.. now I need to make some smart decisions when I'm back in the States

Let me look back at lasts year's trip and what I was able to achieve and what I wasn't.

1.  I got an Edel putter

2.  I got my Edel wedges

3.  I got my irons

4.  I got a new bag

5.  I got my range finder

6.  I got some accessories

7.  I took an aimpoint express class (EDIT)

what I need to get this year.

1.  I need to see a 5sk coach one way or another.. if it is not possible I need to see a good coach in Mass.. There must be someone right?

2.  I need to remember to buy lots of balls (these things are scarce in KSA)

3.  I need to take the family to "Great Wolf Lodge", "Aquarium", "Science Museum", "Wale Watch", "Martha's Vineyard" and other sites ( the kids are one year older now, and they will appreciate all this stuff even more, and it will get their minds fresh to deal with "Riyadh" for the next year)

4.  I need to be more dedicated and wake up at 7 and go to the damn range that is only 5 minutes away.. I didn't go enough..

5.  I need to work on my short game in the back yard every day either in the morning or even at evening when I'm back from being out with the family

That about settles that.. I'm really looking forward to this, and as of right now it is just a little over a month away.. how exciting!!

Eyad

How far is it from MA to ERIE?

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

I presume that's a rhetorical q's? As you can easily look it up in mapquest.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

How far is it from MA to ERIE?

I tried planning this trip last time and it is a 10 hour drive IIRC.. One thought I had was if I could figure out a few things that I could do with the family on the way there, after my lesson while there and then on the way back that I might be able to pull it off... Of course I have to really consider the time in the car with a 5, 3, 1.5 year old for 20 hours + the time consideration of them being away from their grandparents for 3-4 days things just get complicated. (The grandparents want to see them more than they do me I'm pretty sure) The next best option is finding someone in mass and specifically in the south shore / Boston area ... Maybe not the grade A+ coaching I need, but I'm hoping it is at least A/A- ( the worst thing I could do is go to a coach that isn't going to help) and fortunately after being on this site I have come to expect so much from a coach I really need a recommendation because I don't have time to go test things out. Only good news is I have about a month to research and ask, starting with everyone here of course!

Eyad

I presume that's a rhetorical q's? As you can easily look it up in mapquest.

I do not know where in MA he lives. Plus that was not the real point. The point is whether he wants to do that or make it a three-day trip for himself or whatever. Good luck

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Airline ticket pricing is so annoying.  Tomorrow the original price could be lower than this one.

Your profile says you live in KSA.  Is that Kansas, or somewhere in the Middle East?

I wouldn't be too concerned about finding a 5SK instructor.  Though it may appear to be the "be all and end all" of golf method, 5SK is no panacea.

Enjoy your vacation in Massachusetts.  Boston is a walkable city with many sites of interest.  A stroll around the Fanuell Hall area and the water front makes for a fun family day.  Take the "T" into town to avoid parking hassles.

Airline ticket pricing is so annoying.  Tomorrow the original price could be lower than this one. Your profile says you live in KSA.  Is that Kansas, or somewhere in the Middle East? I wouldn't be too concerned about finding a 5SK instructor.  Though it may appear to be the "be all and end all" of golf method, 5SK is no panacea.   Enjoy your vacation in Massachusetts.  Boston is a walkable city with many sites of interest.  A stroll around the Fanuell Hall area and the water front makes for a fun family day.  Take the "T" into town to avoid parking hassles.

Thanks for your input.. Yes, it is in the Middle East. I lived most of my life in mass though so I know the area pretty well. The reason I am looking for a 5sk instructor is because it is about prioritizing my biggest issue and working on specifics. I went to an instructor about 2 years ago (with an awful swing by all accounts) and he told me nothing needed improvement and gave me hints instead of actual drills (other than swing through the gate) what ever that is. I don't want to go to a coach and have him tell me how great my swing is, instead I want him to have high speed camera and know how to use it, 5sk coach would make it easier because I'm already working with someone, but seeing someone in person would really help the online training supplement that. Having said that do you recommend any good coachs? South shore area preferably?

Eyad

Can't recommend a coach, but this book, "Keys to the effortless golf swing" by Michael McTeigue pretty much emphasises the keys in clear, easy to follow exercises.  Published in 1985 and found on Amazon.   Still, I don't expect to change my ingrained armsy, reverse pivot, swing.

I have been doing some research, and I went back to the 5sk.com site and I found Joe Mcnulty based out of cape cod and probably around 20 minutes from where I will be staying in Plymouth mass.

I don't remember seeing his name last year, so I'm going to assume that he is new to the 5sk family.  I went through his website, and some of it seems to still be under construction, but it seems to me that I have made up my mind and I will go and see him for at least 1 lesson, and then maybe another if everything works out.

1/2 hour I'm assuming would be more than enough time for him to see my swing, identify my priority (I pretty much know what it is, but I'm going to leave it up to him) and then show me how to work on it and then watch me practice before time is up.  I will try and get to him the first weekend I am there, so that I can have 2 weeks of practice before potentially going back to him.

His site is http://www.joemcnultygolf.com/

Things couldn't have worked out any better for me before actually taking the trip, I'll just wait till a couple weeks before to contact him and schedule something.

Is there anything you can tell us about him @iacas ?  He says all the right things in his blog!

Eyad

Note: This thread is 2835 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!