IGNORED

What distracts you the most while playing golf?

jakepalm
Note: This thread is 3587 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

mosquitoes and gnats - absolutely

I have trouble with hitting into the sun and glare directly off my club face - that really challenges the concentration

Played in Newfoundland - big frigging black flies. Really big ones. At least they're not life threatening wasps.

Once I was teeing off at a local course... gulu gulu gulu ... there was a turkey somewhere. Got ready to hit again. gulu gulu gulu... Too bad it wasn't Thanksgiving Day... Whack!!! :-) I kid...

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Haha, I do this. I am going through a checklist in my head. But I don't take practice swings at all so it takes no more time than you taking 3 practice swings. Then duffing the ball and doing 3 more practice swings. I was getting a lesson once with a pro I had a couple lessons with before. I guess he had enough at one point after about 5 balls and said "dude, are you going to swing or not" lol. True story.  I can only imagine if I finally get a My Swing thread up on here in slow motion how long that pause will look on it.

This guy's posts. Anyway, for me it's just talking during the swing. Not a whole lot bothers me and I try to be down to earth about it big if I was to pick one thing it would be that.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

This guy's posts.

Anyway, for me it's just talking during the swing. Not a whole lot bothers me and I try to be down to earth about it big if I was to pick one thing it would be that.

Well don't read my posts on the golf course. :hmm:

And if they bother you that bad on here I am sure there is some kind of block button. I bet I wouldn't even notice.

James

New pop country makes me puke.

This'll make you laugh then. We've gotta take a stand against bad country as one or else they'll just keep churning these out year after year.

Constantine

Only thing that really bugs me is when the course maintenance crews are out mowing and circling out in the fairway while I'm trying to tee off.  They will usually go about their job oblivious to the fact that members are playing on the course and they are at risk of getting hit with a ball.  When they finally notice someone standing at the tee box, they just move over to the edge of the first cut thinking that it's a safe spot to wait.

When that happens I'm usually so concerned with hitting them I will try to aim away from them which usually results in a horrible tee shot to the other side of the fairway in nasty rough and trees.

This. This i pretty much the only thing that could possibly piss me off outside of my own poor play.  It's not just the mowers in the middle of the fairway, it's the guy raking the greenside bunker, or the guy watering the green (happened on a par 3 yesterday, all i could think about was how it was going to affect the speed of my putt...ridiculous I know, but whatever).  I get it when I tee off at first light, but when that shit is still going on at 10 am, it's pretty annoying.

I have ADHD, so at times everything distracts me. But when I'm not having attention issues, nothing at all distracts me. It's like I have super focus. Well... Except boobs. I'm always distracted by boobs.

This. This i pretty much the only thing that could possibly piss me off outside of my own poor play.  It's not just the mowers in the middle of the fairway, it's the guy raking the greenside bunker, or the guy watering the green (happened on a par 3 yesterday, all i could think about was how it was going to affect the speed of my putt...ridiculous I know, but whatever).  I get it when I tee off at first light, but when that shit is still going on at 10 am, it's pretty annoying.

While I agree that it is annoying, I also feel that they are there to make the course play and look better. My son drove into a fence setup right in the middle of the fairway last night, and we just took relief from it. He probably lost 20 yards on the drive, but not a really big deal. They are used to having balls shot towards their general direction, and many have hard hats.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Quote:

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Only thing that really bugs me is when the course maintenance crews are out mowing and circling out in the fairway while I'm trying to tee off.  They will usually go about their job oblivious to the fact that members are playing on the course and they are at risk of getting hit with a ball.  When they finally notice someone standing at the tee box, they just move over to the edge of the first cut thinking that it's a safe spot to wait.

When that happens I'm usually so concerned with hitting them I will try to aim away from them which usually results in a horrible tee shot to the other side of the fairway in nasty rough and trees.

So..... just when the hell do you think they are supposed to get the work done?  Are they supposed to call and check with you to be sure you aren't going to be playing before they start? :blink:

Of course, then you'd be bitching that the course wasn't being properly maintained. :doh:

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Let's face it, the biggest distraction for all of us is our own mind. When we hit bad shots we all at some point tend to think more about the bad, which inevitably ruins the rest of our play.

We must harness the crystiles.

:tmade: Nubbins B7 Putter

:tmade: r7 460 Graphite Driver

Let's face it, the biggest distraction for all of us is our own mind. When we hit bad shots we all at some point tend to think more about the bad, which inevitably ruins the rest of our play.

Nope... Speak for yourself. Like I said, boobs. Boobs get me every time!

The most annoying and distracting thing for me is being paired with a slow group.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Definitely has to be when my group finds ourselves in the unlucky situation where we are following a group of seniors (late 70's, early 80's, no offense to any seniors on the board as this doesn't to pertain to all of you) who are extremely slow, do NOT let us play through and when one person is looking for their ball in the trees, the whole group decides that they have to join him in his search instead of playing ready golf. That kills me every time and I end up losing my momentum and start to swing poorly. I love the elderly but it won't kill you to let us play through!!!!!!!

my biggest distraction is usually in my own group. i dont care if people are talking when im swinging...truthfully i think if its constant noise it wont hurt you. the excuse golfers make non stop about noise in their backswing makes me think there is too many cry babies playing golf. no one bitches about birds chirping so whats the difference. but what drives me crazy is if someone is continuously slowing down the group. not because they dont play well and take a few extra strokes per hole but because they are on their phone non stop they drive the ball and then take off their glove and dont put it on till they're about to hit their second shot. but thats just me. if people talk not a problem, you want music thats fine ( i dont play with music in the cart or on my ipod)...oh and the guy or girl-NO ONE IS SAFE IN THIS THREAD-that takes 3 practice swings looks at the target addresses their ball a few move waggles steps away another 2 practice swings lol you know the person with the hour long routine

in my :tmade: 25th anniversary r7 bag,

Driver: :tmade: r7 superquad,

Fairway metal: :tmade: rbz stage 2 15*,

Hybrid: :tmade: rbz 3 hybrid,

Irons: 3-pw :tmade: tour preferred,

Wedges: :tmade: atv 54* 58*,

Putter: :odyssey: white ice #9 custom painted

Balls: :tmade: rocketballz urethane

Gnats.

Gnats flying up my nose, in my ears and in my eyes while trying to hit a shot or make a putt.

I hate them.

Isn't the gnat the state bird of Georgia? :-P

Very little distracts me once I'm in my preshot routine. Oddly enough, my focus increases when there is a crowd around the tee box.

- Shane

I was really proud of my son when we were by a fence, and he took a practice swing with a little crowd of kids watching him. They all yelled "You missed. . .", and unfazed, he took another one and setup for his shot and ended up shooting through the 10 foot by 10 foot gap he was aiming through to get on the fairway. Ended up parring the hole.:-P I told him that he had a little gallery watching him, and he should be ready to face the SC-PGA Junior Tour crowd this summer. :smartass:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

people jabbering while I'm trying to hit ... bothers me.    I like to play quietly when I'm over a ball...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Note: This thread is 3587 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!