IGNORED

What distracts you the most while playing golf?

jakepalm
Note: This thread is 3587 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

We all have our own pet peeves when it comes to playing golf, mine being when my playing partners constantly adjust the Velcro on their gloves while I am lining up my shot. This thread is for the purpose to tell us all about the things that just bug you or distract you while playing golf.

We must harness the crystiles.

:tmade: Nubbins B7 Putter

:tmade: r7 460 Graphite Driver

Rude golfers.

Example, Monday I was playing golf with my dad and a friend. A par 3 was backed up a bit, 1 group behind. So as we are waiting the group behind us pulls up really close. OK, a bit rude, nothing major. Well as I am getting to hit, they start talking LOUD!!

Lets just say my dad politely told them to shut up (I am lying a bit, it wasn't politely :-P )  The one guy in their group suddenly says something like, "Hey man chill, I was just going to tell them to tone it down". Yea, right, when right after I hit? I mean come on, be aware of your surroundings. Good thing is, the who said that hit his ball into the water on that par 3 when it was his turn. Golf Justice!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Close standers. Like close talkers.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Close standers. Like close talkers.

My dad happens to be one of those and I never want to call him out on it but yeah that bugs me too.

Nothing really distracts me more than the mental image of a bad shot. You could be screaming at me, shining a laser on my ball (it's happened), and none of that would distract me as much as what my own mind can come up with.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Any talking during my set-up sometimes takes me out of my rhythm, even whispering. Not always but on occasion. I usually don't say anything, just step away and re set up. That gets the point across most of time. I don't get mad cuz I'm guilty of it myself from time to time.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

The voices in my head.

• Upvote 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Golfers are whiners. Oh you are whispering during my shot boohoo. How the heck is that bothering you? As long as it isn't sudden noise it shouldn't affect your swing. People just use it as an excuse for a bad shot. Like the guy above, any talking during his set up messes him up, lol. What about the plane overhead, or the mower, or the birds chirping, or the car going by on a hole next to the road? Do all these things bother you guys too.

That being said I hate when people whisper during my shot or my routine. Messes up my swing bad.

James

Birds. The chirping takes me out of it instantly. I know I should learn to just ignore them but it gets me every time. I usually have to step back and reevaluate my shot after I hear them.

@whatwoodtigerdo

We are whiners, it is just in our nature. We always want the best shot and so we get picky and annoyed when we don't get one.

Since they moved the trash days in my county - the damn trash trucks are running around the neighborhood during our first 9 on Saturday mornings.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

People who think it's cool to have music playing in their cart. I mean, this is a golf course not a cook out, we don't need to have music blaring out here.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

The music fans in the next cart. Saw it occasionally in other foursomes last year, and now this season two of last three "pickups" I've played with have been playing the radio or DVDs on their cart.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Golfers are whiners. Oh you are whispering during my shot boohoo. How the heck is that bothering you? As long as it isn't sudden noise it shouldn't affect your swing. People just use it as an excuse for a bad shot. Like the guy above, any talking during his set up messes him up, lol. What about the plane overhead, or the mower, or the birds chirping, or the car going by on a hole next to the road? Do all these things bother you guys too.

That being said I hate when people whisper during my shot or my routine. Messes up my swing bad.

hahahaha

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Also, strangely, if a bug lands on my ball in mid swing it messes me all up. No idea why.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

People who think it's cool to have music playing in their cart. I mean, this is a golf course not a cook out, we don't need to have music blaring out here.

The music fans in the next cart. Saw it occasionally in other foursomes last year, and now this season two of last three "pickups" I've played with have been playing the radio or DVDs on their cart.

My buddy and I listen to music in the cart.  It's not often that we join another group, but if we do, we ask if it bothers them.  I can't remember anyone ever saying that it did, but we'd turn it off if that was the case.

Personally, I think most golfers would be better off if they toughened up a little and learned to tune out noises and other outside distractions.   It's not brain surgery.  The one thing that bothers me is if our group is out of position and feel that we're holding up players behind us.  I hate that, and will do everything I can to get my group back into position.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I play music almost every round with my buds. I think the ship has sailed on this one. Went into the PGA Store the other day and right when you walk in, there's a huge display of Bluetooth speakers specifically designed for golf carts. It's becoming pretty popular.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Note: This thread is 3587 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!