IGNORED

89 yo uses golf club against sword wielding robber

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3611 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How many stores keep a club nearby? Bats, yes. Bizarre-ish. http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2014/05/28/89-year-old-storekeeper-uses-golf-club-to-fight-off-robber-armed-with-sword/9221401300771/

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I used to keep a baseball bat around but I'm not sure what happened to it.  I should just leave my 3 iron at home to kill intruders with since it doesn't seem to do anything for me on a golf course.

How many stores keep a club nearby? Bats, yes. Bizarre-ish.

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2014/05/28/89-year-old-storekeeper-uses-golf-club-to-fight-off-robber-armed-with-sword/9221401300771/

Atta girl!

The thug got away, she clearly needs some work on her ball-striking. We may have to kick in for lessons for her.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Not buying it.  Who steals using a sword and rides his BMX naked for a get-away ride?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Not buying it.  Who steals using a sword and rides his BMX naked for a get-away ride?

Loser criminals high on drugs.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

Loser criminals high on drugs.

According to the article, he got away with the cash register as well.  Pretty impressive.  Does he strap that to his back?  Or to the bike?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Hehe.  Hehe.  :-P

I knew you'd get it! Thought I'd get some luv from EJ too though.... :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

This sounds a bit much. Robbery with a sword, then leave the clothes behind? Reminds me of the story of the man who supposedly left his pants in the cinema. Then again, the Internet has taught me that weird stuff do happen. If that is also not made up.

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Note: This thread is 3611 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!