IGNORED

Video Logs (VLogs) of You Playing Golf! Post Your Own!!!

iacas
Note: This thread is 1049 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 minute ago, GolfLug said:

Thanks. Not making any excuses but I have an arm injury because of which I set up with my clubface toe down and takes me 10-12 seconds or so extra to get my bearings and swing alignment right when I set up for a shot to pull the trigger. It used to be much worse. Most of my partners are patient but I did drive some folks nuts some times.

That wouldn't bother me at all man and I hope you didn't take my comment as pointing that out?? I have playing partners with no issues whatsoever that take much longer than that to pull the trigger...lol. My thinking when on the course is this:  As long as I am not holding up a group behind me, I don't care how long it takes me to play a round of golf. I truly just enjoy being out there and being able to play the game period.

• Upvote 1

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, TN94z said:

That wouldn't bother me at all man and I hope you didn't take my comment as pointing that out?? I have playing partners with no issues whatsoever that take much longer than that to pull the trigger...lol. My thinking when on the course is this:  As long as I am not holding up a group behind me, I don't care how long it takes me to play a round of golf. I truly just enjoy being out there and being able to play the game period.

Oh no, not at all.. It's absolutely fine.

Sorry, this is sliding OT pretty fast so last post in the vein but yes, if I am by myself (I usually walk with my push cart) then I will zip through in about 2.5 hours at my home course (Elizabeth Manor - the 2nd vlog few posts above).

Vishal S.

On 5/1/2017 at 1:33 PM, GolfLug said:

So here's my home course vlog of three holes...

Read more  

What do you mean, "let's see if we can get a bogey," ?! With that putting, you should be walking up there hungry for the par! ;-) Seriously though, great job! :beer:

Oh, and I love the one-on-one chats with the camera. :-D 

Edited by roamin
is it just me that has (sees) formatting problems after quoting someone?

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

7 hours ago, roamin said:

What do you mean, "let's see if we can get a bogey," ?! With that putting, you should be walking up there hungry for the par! ;-) Seriously though, great job! :beer:

Oh, and I love the one-on-one chats with the camera. :-D 

Yeah, wish I could just will the ball in to the hole.. ha ha.

Thanks! 

Vishal S.

17 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Yes, am working on speeding up but ya know, that takes......time. :-P

But you will also notice I don't take 5 practice swings to begin with.

I'm an impatient kind of guy though!

17 hours ago, TN94z said:

You might take a little time before each shot, but I guarantee you that you have less total time playing than I do. I was watching your videos thinking, "man, this guy doesn't mess around." The overall pace would be super fast for me. I am much more deliberate reading putts and picking aiming points, etc...

I know we all golf at the speed we are comfortable with, but may I ask why you are so deliberate?  Does it ever cause an issue?  

I don't necessarily "hurry" when i play and the older i get the less it bothers me when people are slower.  But i do everything in life at a quick pace, so it just carries over into golf.

I guess we wouldn't be compatible partners!! :)

23 minutes ago, Zekez said:

I'm an impatient kind of guy though!

I know we all golf at the speed we are comfortable with, but may I ask why you are so deliberate?  Does it ever cause an issue?  

I don't necessarily "hurry" when i play and the older i get the less it bothers me when people are slower.  But i do everything in life at a quick pace, so it just carries over into golf.

I guess we wouldn't be compatible partners!! :)

I'm not deliberate to the point of being slow by any means. I just like to make sure I read greens the best I can, make a decisive decision on clubs and aiming points, etc...My post does make it sound like I play slow, but I really don't. With that being said, @GolfLug plays faster than me around the greens. It could just be that he was playing by himself in the videos where I'm usually playing with someone. That tends to allow me to be a little more deliberate while waiting on the other players. I guess if I were to video myself, it may look just as fast...

• Upvote 1

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

What would you all recommend as far as using an iPhone to record vlogs? I know how to edit it and all, but how would the quality be? Thinking about getting a tripod. 

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator
On 5/8/2017 at 10:26 PM, MasonAsher2014 said:

What would you all recommend as far as using an iPhone to record vlogs? I know how to edit it and all, but how would the quality be? Thinking about getting a tripod. 

No problem. Heck, they shoot 4K these days if you set them up to do that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

22 hours ago, iacas said:

No problem. Heck, they shoot 4K these days if you set them up to do that.

Great! I am going to play tomorrow so I should be able to get a few good shots since I got my tripod in yesterday.

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9

Video is unavailable. Is it set to private?

Edited by coachjimsc

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

14 minutes ago, coachjimsc said:

Video is unavailable. Is it set to private?

It was, I fixed it. I had a tough time on my phone getting it to upload... Should be all good now!

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9

58 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

@MasonAsher2014, your vlog was very well done.   The editing is impressive.  What software did you use?

I agree.  Really well done!

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

9 hours ago, dennyjones said:

@MasonAsher2014, your vlog was very well done.   The editing is impressive.  What software did you use?

Thanks! Truth be told, I simply used iMovie on my phone. It worked like a charm.

8 hours ago, David in FL said:

I agree.  Really well done!

Thanks!

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9

Let's see if this works better than my video skills.  It was a windy day out there (20mph steady gusting to 30mph), and about 60 degrees but I had a good round.  This is the front 9 of my home course (will post the back 9 in a bit).  Had one of my better rounds of the year so far that day, rambled off 3 birdies in a row on 5, 6, & 7, but bogeyed 3 and 9 to finish -1 on the front.  Swing didn't feel like it was completely there, might have been because of the jacket, but it just felt different. 

Sorry for the times when I am barely in the frame, or the ball isn't in the frame, I think some of that got compressed out of the video, I will have to get a tripod to use for the next one now that I know.

• Upvote 1

Here is the back 9.  As you can see, the front 9 is more of a traditional 9, and the back 9 here is links style.  We had a flood in '97 (google "flood of 1997 Grand Forks, ND, it was bad) which took out the original golf course.  They put in a dike through the front 9 which wiped out 9 holes so they had to create the back 9.  

Had a good back 9 even with the wind out there.  Had one of my better rounds of the year for the back as well with a bogey free -1. Wind was fun to deal with as it was out of the west, but would gust from the N too.  Again, sorry for the video skills/lack there of, but then next one will be better! 

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 1049 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!