IGNORED

Video Logs (VLogs) of You Playing Golf! Post Your Own!!!

iacas
Note: This thread is 1043 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

That's true, but we don't have the context of what you're hitting at when you do a side view.

I dunno. I think a straight "behind" view would get old pretty quickly. That's why I put the camera on top of the cart twice, and messed around with other views.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It doesn't have to be straight behind, it could be at an angle, but I think the direction of the shot should be a focus.  I think people are just as interested in the view of the shot as well as seeing the person hitting the ball.  This is just meant as advice from a viewer, no offense intended.

I love to hate this damn game.

• Administrator

It doesn't have to be straight behind, it could be at an angle, but I think the direction of the shot should be a focus.  I think people are just as interested in the view of the shot as well as seeing the person hitting the ball.  This is just meant as advice from a viewer, no offense intended.

I take no offense; I just disagree. I think the camera angles varying add interest.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Ball flight views FTW

• Administrator
Ball flight views FTW

You're not gonna see the ball flight.

You just need a drone acting as a blimp to give you the overhead view.

Yeah, invest in one of those remote control copter cams that they use in movies for aerial shots. Teach your daughter how to fly it and give us those PGA style ball flight clips!

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

To each their own.  I like doing offset angles with the camera so you can see the layout of the hole in the background.  Others like to be more creative about it.  I thought the camera angles Erik was doing on top of the cart and such were pretty dang cool.  That is what makes this fun.  People can try different things, you can get different views and it is more fun that way.  Also less talk, more Vlogs! :-D

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

You just need a drone acting as a blimp to give you the overhead view. :smartass:

[quote name="Jeremie Boop" url="/t/74880/video-logs-vlogs-of-you-playing-golf-post-your-own/120#post_1003761"]Yeah, invest in one of those remote control copter cams that they use in movies for aerial shots. Teach your daughter how to fly it and give us those PGA style ball flight clips![URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/99635/] [/URL] [/quote]We can have @Lihu build them!

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

To each their own.  I like doing offset angles with the camera so you can see the layout of the hole in the background.  Others like to be more creative about it.  I thought the camera angles Erik was doing on top of the cart and such were pretty dang cool.  That is what makes this fun.  People can try different things, you can get different views and it is more fun that way.  Also less talk, more Vlogs!

I'm thinking of doing a few shots with the camera on the target line. I will probably use an older crappy camera to do this. You never know.

I believe mine shall be called, "Cinderella Story".

- Shane

I'm thinking of doing a few shots with the camera on the target line. I will probably use an older crappy camera to do this. You never know.

I believe mine shall be called, "Cinderella Story".

I look forward to seeing it.  I might be doing another one tomorrow as well.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Yeah, invest in one of those remote control copter cams that they use in movies for aerial shots. Teach your daughter how to fly it and give us those PGA style ball flight clips!

I wonder if I could borrow my buddy's drone, or him and his drone and have him operate it. I might try and get out and do a test run on Saturday if possible. My buddy is the GM of a course and I'll have to run the idea by him of course. The drone is literally silent and can reach heights of 300-400 feet with no problem - so distraction is not really an issue as far as noise and flyover's are concerned. I just don't know if he's willing to allow for the "what if it crashes and hits somebody" factor, even though it's likely 1/1,000,000.

I wonder if I could borrow my buddy's drone, or him and his drone and have him operate it. I might try and get out and do a test run on Saturday if possible. My buddy is the GM of a course and I'll have to run the idea by him of course. The drone is literally silent and can reach heights of 300-400 feet with no problem - so distraction is not really an issue as far as noise and flyover's are concerned. I just don't know if he's willing to allow for the "what if it crashes and hits somebody" factor, even though it's likely 1/1,000,000.

I wouldn't think there would be a bigger danger of someone getting hit by a golf ball than a drone. I wouldn't fly it over water or anything. It would be awesome if you could pull that off!

- Shane

Very nice @mvmac , enjoyed hearing your thoughts of what you'd like to do before the shots.

@jamo I just watched your video on page 2 just now, your captions are hilarious!! Hope you'll do some more, if you do I'll definitely be watching :)

There was soccer on tv here last night and the course was empty , they already closed up before I got out so the flag on the first hole is missing (they take some that are close to the road in at night). I was literally the only one out playing so thought it would be a good time to give the filming a try! I did some commenting but when I came home I found out the microphone didn't really pick much of it up, it was probably too windy. Also I have to figure out how to get the quality a bit better, I filmed in HD but it doesn't really look like that on youtube now ... Hope some of you will enjoy watching, not much special going on but I thought I played ok and had fun doing the filming :)

Birdies 4 Elephants - raising money and awareness for elephants while out playing golf :)

Very nice @mvmac, enjoyed hearing your thoughts of what you'd like to do before the shots.

@jamo I just watched your video on page 2 just now, your captions are hilarious!! Hope you'll do some more, if you do I'll definitely be watching :)

There was soccer on tv here last night and the course was empty, they already closed up before I got out so the flag on the first hole is missing (they take some that are close to the road in at night). I was literally the only one out playing so thought it would be a good time to give the filming a try! I did some commenting but when I came home I found out the microphone didn't really pick much of it up, it was probably too windy. Also I have to figure out how to get the quality a bit better, I filmed in HD but it doesn't really look like that on youtube now ... Hope some of you will enjoy watching, not much special going on but I thought I played ok and had fun doing the filming :)

Looks good. I liked some of the camera angles like the worm eye view while putting.

- Shane

Nice. Why only 4?

Got a match tomorrow so I wanted to get in at least 9 and just didn't have enough time to film every hole.

Also had to film a posture video for a member ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 1043 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!