IGNORED

Video Logs (VLogs) of You Playing Golf! Post Your Own!!!

iacas
Note: This thread is 1048 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, HJJ003 said:

Yeah this isn't a "mw swing" thread. Your in the general golf talk forum so this is portably best in the course Vlog threads.. 

I'd like to put it in the course vlog thread. I just can't seem to figure out how to imbed the YouTube video into the post. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yay, I got this in the right place. 
Okay, here's my VLOG. I shot all of this myself way back in August using my own Samsung Galaxy S8. I didn't have a tripod or anything so I just put the phone on the cart, or a head cover or used 4 tees to make a little stand for it on the ground. Anyway, the footage is good and bad. A couple times the phone fell over, but most of the 9 holes is here. The other issue I had was that it was pretty windy that day and all you hear on the audio is horrible wind noise. So, I edited out nearly all the audio. I replace it with music from Here Come the Mummies. (Hey I was working on Halloween stuff recently so... eh?) 

Anyway, I welcome comments on my swing, my pre-shot routine (that's a joke cuz I don't have one.). Let me know if you like the video. What I can do better, anything you like. I'd like to do more of these. It's kinda fun to do when you're playing alone. 

• Upvote 1

• iacas changed the title to My Swing (ChetlovesMer)
21 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Yay, I got this in the right place. 
Okay, here's my VLOG. I shot all of this myself way back in August using my own Samsung Galaxy S8. I didn't have a tripod or anything so I just put the phone on the cart, or a head cover or used 4 tees to make a little stand for it on the ground. Anyway, the footage is good and bad. A couple times the phone fell over, but most of the 9 holes is here. The other issue I had was that it was pretty windy that day and all you hear on the audio is horrible wind noise. So, I edited out nearly all the audio. I replace it with music from Here Come the Mummies. (Hey I was working on Halloween stuff recently so... eh?) 

Anyway, I welcome comments on my swing, my pre-shot routine (that's a joke cuz I don't have one.). Let me know if you like the video. What I can do better, anything you like. I'd like to do more of these. It's kinda fun to do when you're playing alone. 

Not a bad 9 at all.. Good work. I like your swing. Yeah not much of a preshot but in your case may not be a bad thing. Set up and go without much fuss. Also you seem committed to a full finish each time even though you come out of it a bit after the finish.

All good stuff though. Keep at it. 

Vishal S.

36 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Not a bad 9 at all.. Good work. I like your swing. Yeah not much of a preshot but in your case may not be a bad thing. Set up and go without much fuss. Also you seem committed to a full finish each time even though you come out of it a bit after the finish.

All good stuff though. Keep at it. 

Thanks, I appreciate the input. My goal for 2019 is going to be working on balance. And literally I mean not falling out of my finish. I noticed when I was putting together the video that I tend to fall out of it pretty often. 

• 7 months later...

My lates course vlog, sorry just few shots, because my swing was bad. I will correct it next time.

Journey of My Moe Norman's Inspired Golf Swing. Yes I know, it is going to be ROUGH journey.

Driver : MacGregor Mactec NVG.............(2005 model, cheapest forgiving driver that I can bought)

3 Wood : Ena Golf...................................(?year? cheap one but I like the impact)

7 Wood : XXIO.........................................(2005 model, from my dad)

5 Rescue : Tourstage ViQ........................(2008 model)

Irons : XXIO MP200.................................(2003 model, from my dad)

Wedge : Cleveland Becu 56 deg.............(cheapest old wedge that I can bought)

My self taught Swing Theard : My Swing (efdeel74)

• 4 months later...

Cool Chet! Don’t envy your weather. Why didn’t you just put your putting device in front of the hole? Cheers! Thanks for posting.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

6 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Cool Chet! Don’t envy your weather. Why didn’t you just put your putting device in front of the hole? Cheers! Thanks for posting.

I don't know. I guess because it would have made the putt 4 inches shorter???  I tried to set the device down in a place where it made the putt equally as difficult as it would normally have been, yet I wanted to feel confident that I wouldn't touch the flag stick... Does that make sense? I actually got the idea from a Mark Crossfield video. Although, he used a "Putt-out" device. I don't have a "Putt-out" device so this was my solution. 

I made the decision before I started that if on the slim chance I made a hole in one, knocked one in from the fairway or even chipped in, I was just going to leave the ball in the hole. Although, between the weather, and the fact that I was the only person there, it was probably pretty low risk. I still wasn't going to touch the flagstick. Not sure if you can tell in the video, but there are pool noodles in the bottom of all the cups. One hole did have what looked like a perfectly good Callaway Chrome Soft left in it. So, perhaps somebody else used a similar method playing the day before me. 

I'm sure my method would disqualify my round for handicap purposes. But, I was also playing alone, so I don't think it matters. It was just nice to get out. My swing started off pretty lousy (I like to use the excuse I went right from the parking lot to the 1st tee.... but... ) It started coming around the last 4 holes. It actually felt really good the last 2 holes. So, I got that going for me. 

• Like 1

Really enjoyed that @ChetlovesMer! I like playing in the rain because it keeps the posers away. How did you keep the camera dry? 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

18 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Really enjoyed that @ChetlovesMer! I like playing in the rain because it keeps the posers away. How did you keep the camera dry? 

I just used my Samsung Galaxy S8... It's waterproof. … in theory anyway.

I did stick it in my pocket as I walked from hole to hole. 

20 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Really enjoyed that 

Sorry about the tee shot on 2... That was a whole LOT of ugly!

10 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I just used my Samsung Galaxy S8... It's waterproof. … in theory anyway.

I did stick it in my pocket as I walked from hole to hole. 

Sorry about the tee shot on 2... That was a whole LOT of ugly!

Thanks and man you play a pull cut!

Scott

My Swing Thread

6 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Thanks and man you play a pull cut!

It's my GO-TO shot. In good weather it can be a fairway finder. In the wind I played in during this video it can get ugly. See tee-shot on 5. That was supposed to be a gentle fade, in that wind it turned into a ballooning banana slice. 👍😉👍

It was in the air so long it felt like I could have almost run underneath it and caught it.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

was in the air so long it felt like I could have almost run underneath it and caught it.

The old Driver Flop Shot Challenge!

• Upvote 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

1 minute ago, CarlSpackler said:

@ChetlovesMer That's a cool VLOG with the shot tracer. Well done sir!

Thank you. It's only the second one I've ever done. But I have 2 of the last 3 on this thread, so I'm feeling pretty cool about that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Thank you. It's only the second one I've ever done

I was feeling ok about my tech skills until you said that....

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• 7 months later...

Hey everyone! Here is a round I played in the summer at a local course here in Toronto Canada.

This is a shot for shot video with my gameplay and commentary. Hope you guys like it (I can attest this wasn't my best round ever) and hopefully will get you excited for the start of the new season!

I'm hoping to make more of these videos this summer and would love your feedback, ie, what you think could be fun to watch etc.

Edited by caton160
  • Thumbs Up 1

Note: This thread is 1048 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!