IGNORED

Phil is bad for golf

tigergoat
Note: This thread is 3569 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This thread has zero to do with Tiger and his behavior off the course. That's been rehashed over and over. This is about Phil and we all are entitled to an opinion. Anyone mentioning Tiger Woods as a defense is OB.

This thread has zero to do with Tiger and his behavior off the course. That's been rehashed over and over. This is about Phil and we all are entitled to an opinion. Anyone mentioning Tiger Woods as a defense is OB.

Ok..... God forbid we say anything bad about tiger.

Sorry for being OB.

In my bag Driver: Cleveland CG tour black Fairway Woods: Diablo Octane 3 wood; Diablo 5 wood Irons: Mizuno MP53 5-9 Hybrid: Cobra 3, 4 T-Rail Wedge: 46* Cleveland, 50* Cleveland, 54* Titleist, 60* Titleist Putter: Odyssey protype #6 Ball: Maxfli U4/U6... But I'm not really picky about the ball I use.

We'll let us be fair you did defend tiger as a role model earlier in the thread when you said at least he is not going to be a possible felon.. So basically you cornered being a bad role model into is the person a felon or not which is really a pathetic standard if you ask me.. To quantify your thread correctly let us first set the standard on which we will measure people on if they are good role models or not, then we can discuss phill and all of his short comings and at the same time compare him to others like tiger and others and none of it would be OB in my opinion.. So I will start off by setting the first standard.. The roll model can't be known for sleeping around with hookers.. Phill - hole in one Tiger - quad bogy + I stopped counting after 4 over Ok now your turn

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well you finally said something I agree with.

Phil or Tiger can never be discussed without both camps making it a comparison or competition between the two.

Reminds me of my kids when they were little.

"He did _____."

"Yeah but she did ____."

"Well what you did was worse."

:doh::loco::surrender:

We'll let us be fair you did defend tiger as a role model earlier in the thread when you said at least he is not going to be a possible felon.. So basically you cornered being a bad role model into is the person a felon or not which is really a pathetic standard if you ask me..

To quantify your thread correctly let us first set the standard on which we will measure people on if they are good role models or not, then we can discuss phill and all of his short comings and at the same time compare him to others like tiger and others and none of it would be OB in my opinion..

So I will start off by setting the first standard.. The roll model can't be known for sleeping around with hookers..

Phill - hole in one

Tiger - quad bogy + I stopped counting after 4 over

Ok now your turn

Lets be fair to Tiger. They weren't all hookers. Weren't some of them aspiring actresses/models and barmaids?

• Upvote 1
In my bag Driver: Cleveland CG tour black Fairway Woods: Diablo Octane 3 wood; Diablo 5 wood Irons: Mizuno MP53 5-9 Hybrid: Cobra 3, 4 T-Rail Wedge: 46* Cleveland, 50* Cleveland, 54* Titleist, 60* Titleist Putter: Odyssey protype #6 Ball: Maxfli U4/U6... But I'm not really picky about the ball I use.

Lets be fair to Tiger. They weren't all hookers. Weren't some of them aspiring actresses/models and barmaids?

Ya I just didn't want to get into too any details.. :) I'm actually against taking any tv sports or entertainment figure as role models, so this is a moot point.. But hey it seems like the OP is he'll bent on calling phill out so I have no issue with calling a spade a spade.. I couldn't careless about Tiger or Phill or their short comings.. We all have them and theirs are just public that's all!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Virtually every pro gambles when they play.  To think otherwise is naive.  They always have a wager going during the practice rounds, and sometimes they have side bets going during the tournament rounds .  Professional golf was founded by players gambling.  Time to get off your high horse.

As do I and virtually every other golfer I know. If the OP is concerned about the role models his kids have, perhaps he should ensure that he provides that model.

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Well; let us say you get info the company is going under, you end up selling all of your shares to people who think they will make money but instead end up losing every penny.. To you! Ya, you just screwed them!

There are many forms of insider trading and not every form results in someone being screwed.

• You find out in advance to the public that a company is going to announce a new product that will causes it's stock price to go up so you buy it at the current cheaper price.
  • You find out in advance to the public that a company is going to acquire, spin off  or sell off a part of their business that will have an impact on its stock price and you sell or buy more shares based on the impact.

Given we're not even sure Phil is guilty of anything I'm not sure there's much to discuss except that @tigergoat has a personal axe to grind with Phil

Joe Paradiso

Lol. This is the trolliest troll thread in all of trollsville. OP has nine posts, and they're all in here.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

The saddest part is the original OP mentions bad for golf and bad example for his kids as a role model. I have news for you.......You should be their role model not some ( for lack of a better term) multi-millionaire entertainer.
  • Upvote 1

Enough has been said on the subject. Start a Tiger is bad for golf thread if you need to bring him in here.

Tiger wasn't mentioned to bash Tiger, Tiger was mentioned to highlight an inconsistency and to show how you're more than likely a hypocrite.  Anyway, I'll side with the people who thinks it's absurd to have strangers be a role model in the first place.  YOU as the parent should be the role model.

There are many forms of insider trading and not every form results in someone being screwed.

You find out in advance to the public that a company is going to announce a new product that will causes it's stock price to go up so you buy it at the current cheaper price.

You find out in advance to the public that a company is going to acquire, spin off  or sell off a part of their business that will have an impact on its stock price and you sell or buy more shares based on the impact.

Given we're not even sure Phil is guilty of anything I'm not sure there's much to discuss except that @tigergoat has a personal axe to grind with Phil

Isn't the person doing the selling in example 1 (and example 2 if we're talking about a positive upside) being screwed over by selling their shares at an undervalue that you know about?

If you're selling shares knowing about a bad result in advance aren't you screwing the buyer who doesn't know about the pending bad result?

Some person or company always loses out if someone else profits

Isn't the person doing the selling in example 1 (and example 2 if we're talking about a positive upside) being screwed over by selling their shares at an undervalue that you know about?

If you're selling shares knowing about a bad result in advance aren't you screwing the buyer who doesn't know about the pending bad result?

Some person or company always loses out if someone else profits

Yeah somebody always loses when the playing field isn't level. That's why it's cheating and against the law.

It's like a game and a bet. People wouldn't want to play if there were no rules and certain people had all of the advantage because they knew what was coming up.

I don't know how much evidence they may or may not have against Phil and as far as I know he hasn't been charged yet with anything.

hey tigergoat - I thought the whole point of golf was TO gamble; I think you missed something when you were learning the game.

just last week I was on the course with my 13 year old son, we were on the last hole and we were playing from almost the same spot - about 100 yards from the hole. I told him that if I was with my regular buddies, this shot would be a beer bet, he asked what that was & after I explained he said he wanted to do that (but it would have to be a Root Beer with him). So we played our next shot, closest to the hole wins a root beer - I put it about 4 feet away and after we finished my son dug around in his golf bag, came up with a couple of  bucks, went in the pro shop and came out with a root beer.

Best damned root beer I've ever had....he is now smack talking to me, saying that I'd better be ready to buy him a root beer next weekend when we play.

I'm pretty much thinking that is good Father of The Year nomination!!!

oh and STFU about gambling being bad for golf - read up on what Trevino and other have said; it isn't like Phil is the first guy to put a wager on playing.....and if you really want to partake in the site, look for the threads that debate Jack vs. Tiger (you might be shocked to learn that not everyone thinks tiger=goat)

Players play, tough players win!

First, the OP opens up a thread without any links or anything to clarify what he is talking about.  When I read the opening post I thought I missed something over the weekend like Phil saying to another player "$10,000 if I birdie this hole, $20,000 if you don't", or something along those lines.

There is gambling, there is wagering, and there is insider trading, and all three are not the same by definition.

As to Pete Rose (hey, at least I'm not saying "Tiger" and don't have "Tiger as part of my user name, we could also bring up Lance Armstrong if you really want to go down the path of de-railed roll models), I saw Pete Rose play once at Anaheim Stadium. It was a good game. His gambling activities were a separate issue from the game that day.

As to insider trading, wasn't there some well known talk show host who went to jail or prison for a bit for her insider trading, then came out and went right back to being a roll model for millions (I can't think of her name right now).

As to gambling and the stock market, some people play the stock market like gambling, and some play the stock market like investing, and sometimes the line between the two is very vague or non-descript.

As to trolls, they live under bridges and sometimes in discussion threads.

As to the OP, I don't think I'd ever want to be Tiger's Goat. Just sayin'....

Okay, back to golf

• Upvote 1

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

hey tigergoat - I thought the whole point of golf was TO gamble; I think you missed something when you were learning the game.

just last week I was on the course with my 13 year old son, we were on the last hole and we were playing from almost the same spot - about 100 yards from the hole. I told him that if I was with my regular buddies, this shot would be a beer bet, he asked what that was & after I explained he said he wanted to do that (but it would have to be a Root Beer with him). So we played our next shot, closest to the hole wins a root beer - I put it about 4 feet away and after we finished my son dug around in his golf bag, came up with a couple of  bucks, went in the pro shop and came out with a root beer.

Best damned root beer I've ever had....he is now smack talking to me, saying that I'd better be ready to buy him a root beer next weekend when we play.

I'm pretty much thinking that is good Father of The Year nomination!!!

oh and STFU about gambling being bad for golf - read up on what Trevino and other have said; it isn't like Phil is the first guy to put a wager on playing.....and if you really want to partake in the site, look for the threads that debate Jack vs. Tiger (you might be shocked to learn that not everyone thinks tiger=goat)

The rules of golf are fashioned around gambling. IIRC, a single has no standing on the course because he cannot possibly be playing a match with betting involved.

Bob

WITB

Driver:                         Ping I25 10.5 PWR65 stiff Flex

Fairway Woods:          Ping TiSi Tec 3, 5 and 7 graphite Cushin stiff flex

Irons:                         Pinhawk SL 5-PW 37.25 inches 

Wedges:                     Reid Lockhart 52 and 60 quad bounce, 56 dual bounce 

Putter:                        Boccieri Heavy Putter B3-M (250 gram back weight)

Ball:                            MG C4 / Wilson Duo

Grips:                         Winn DriTac midsize Blue

Note: This thread is 3569 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!