IGNORED

Food Thread

mvmac

I think I read the best chicken skin was produced with butter under it and oil on it. Perhaps I have that reversed but I have used the spray butter replacement products with great success on the grill and they are a form of oil generally.

Yup, it seems to work well either way for some reason. The bacon really adds crispiness to the skin and also is a nice crispy addition itself.

All the oil collected on the bottom of the pan makes for a really good sauce (not really gravy). My wife tries to throw it out, but there are plenty of relatives who want to keep it.

We'll see if we do it again this year. Cross fingers.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My in laws are from HK, and they like crispy. So, we retain that crispiness by baking the turkey in Al foil, then basting it and roasting it till the skin is crispy. Next, the bacon goes on and infuses its flavor and adds crispiness. :drool:

I'm going to assume you've done this before, so I'll take your word for it. I just can't get into the bacon in everything trend. There are so many ways it can be (and is) done wrong.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I'm going to assume you've done this before, so I'll take your word for it.

I just can't get into the bacon in everything trend. There are so many ways it can be (and is) done wrong.

Yeah, we've done it a few times. Different types of stuffing(s) each time.

Apple wood bacon gives the most complementary taste to the Turkey. Being from HK, my wife's relatives don't like the dry flesh normally associated with Turkey. So, this makes it really moist and the crispy skin/bacon give it that really nice flavor.

The only issue is if I eat too much, I won't be able to play golf the next day. Possibly Coyote Hills or Cinnabar?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Tonight I'm making a Giada recipe, Pork Chops with Apples and Pancetta .

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Looks like an easy homemade donut recipe,

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Was tempted to buy this at Trader Joes:

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Was tempted to buy this at Trader Joes:

Looks good, but I bet there's not real nutritional reason to eat this? Kind of like putting an oreo or chocolate chip cookie between two pieces of bread. All carbohydrates and fat, very little other value?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

[QUOTE name="nevets88" url="/t/74957/food-thread/198#post_1070869"] Was tempted to buy this at Trader Joes:[/QUOTE] Looks good, but I bet there's not real nutritional reason to eat this? Kind of like putting an oreo or chocolate chip cookie between two pieces of bread. All carbohydrates and fat, very little other value?

Ha ha. I ain't buying this for the vitamins and minerals and other fortified nutrients. It's basically food sin. But it's probably only gonna cost a couple of Hail Mary's. Bah, one.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Friday night: Clam chowder and salad...

It's Halloween, the kids are grown and gone, and I miss eating the candy and chocolate the kids didn't want.

Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer

So how old is too old to get candy? My wife was at a main street retail event this evening for her store and the 20 somethings expected candy. Do I need to invite Putin to ride his horse over here?

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

Ha ha. I ain't buying this for the vitamins and minerals and other fortified nutrients. It's basically food sin. But it's probably only gonna cost a couple of Hail Mary's. Bah, one.

Looks like I was laughing too hard to notice that my kids bought this last month. My wife told me this is one of their best selling products??? :-O

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Tonight I made scallops on angel hair pasta with a side salad. Yum.

Free Range Scallops? We bailed out of the kitchen.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

Does anybody see this ad on the Borders of TST?

It seems to make me want to play in So. Carolina. They could also add a steak.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

[URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/108701/] [/URL] Does anybody see this ad on the Borders of TST? It seems to make me want to play in So. Carolina. They could also add a steak.

You can get a steak anywhere. When you go to charleston (and you will) it's all about the low country boil and shrimp and grits.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

[quote name="Lihu" url="/t/74957/food-thread/200_20#post_1072374"][URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/108701/] [/URL] Does anybody see this ad on the Borders of TST? It seems to make me want to play in So. Carolina. They could also add a steak.

You can get a steak anywhere. When you go to charleston (and you will) it's all about the low country boil and shrimp and grits.[/quote]...which means SAUSAGE!

Tom R.

Broke down a whole chicken into different cuts, and then roasted them in a baking pan. Just simple salt, pepper, and garlic. The breast got a quick roast at 375 degrees. Then I turned down the temp and let the legs and thighs cook low and slow for about an hour and a half.

I usually use this meat for dishes for the next few days. Something quick to have at hand.

The best part is I get to have the chicken skin from the slow roasted leg and thigh. When slow roasted it gets very crispy, so tasty.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Made this recipe a few days ago: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/02/dining/02mini.html?WT.mc_id=yt_nyt491&WT.mc;_ev=click&_r=0&adxnnl;=1&adxnnlx;=1415547599-bBZHi9OcfkJifIBWx2z8lg Turned out really good. I substituted kale (added in right at the end so it didn't get too mushy and gross) for the chicken. That let me check the doneness of the pasta more often so I knew when to take it off.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7