IGNORED

Food Thread

mvmac

Blueberry Basil Fresca, yum. 

image.jpeg

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

We have a lady that comes Mon and  Thu-Sat selling agua fresca and elotes out of the back of her Mitsubishi Eclipse. Killer stuff the corn is a calorie bomb but totally worth it. 

Dave :-)

On June 24, 2016 at 8:21 AM, jamo said:

I recently got a Lodge skillet with grates, sort of like an indoor grill pan. It worked pretty nicely for some steak tips I made, but it's impossible to get clean. Gunk gets in between the grates, and then when I try to wash it it's impossible to clean and dry. I'm going to have to completely re-season it.

My regular Lodge skillet and dutch oven are great, however.

I have a braising pan like that as well. All you gotta do is put some water in it and put it on stovetop. Bring it up to almost a boil and let it do that for a while. That will loosen almost all the stuck on gunk. 

Edited by Gator Hazard

1 hour ago, Gator Hazard said:

I have a braising pan like that as well. All you gotta do is put some water in it and put it on stovetop. Bring it up to almost a boil and let it do that for a while. That will loosen almost all the stuck on gunk. 

I'll give that a go, thanks!

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I love these these Izze drinks. Interesting flavors. Not exactly low on calories, but fewer than soda.

large_027ff611-d381-4f48-a836-29d0cc84f7

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I love these these Izze drinks. Interesting flavors. Not exactly low on calories, but fewer than soda.

large_027ff611-d381-4f48-a836-29d0cc84f7

I like those too, right now my favorites are the blood orange and limonata flavored San Pellegrinos in the can. 

On June 26, 2016 at 2:52 PM, jamo said:

I'll give that a go, thanks!

Sprinkle some baking soda in the water will help too. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Ramen, so many different variations out there.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Steve

Love Ramen bunch of good places in Denver. 

First attempt at wood fired 'za on the grill. Used leftover ribs, smoked sausage, bourbon peach sauce, red onion and cheddar mix. Good stuff but it took ruining one to get it right. My stone is Walmart crap. Washed it down with a Manhattan or...

image.jpeg

Dave :-)

I have been a vegetarian for 52 years. I am not a vegan, but I don't like either eggs or cheese. I also don't like mushrooms, cabbage, spinach, beetroot, parsnips, turnips, swede, cauliflower, or broccoli What I hate most though is fussy eaters 

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

On 6/29/2016 at 8:32 PM, Dave2512 said:

First attempt at wood fired 'za on the grill. Used leftover ribs, smoked sausage, bourbon peach sauce, red onion and cheddar mix. Good stuff but it took ruining one to get it right. My stone is Walmart crap. Washed it down with a Manhattan or...

image.jpeg

The bourbon peach sauce and the ribs sold me, especially washed down with more bourbon and vermouth! Sounds really good!

2 hours ago, paininthenuts said:

I have been a vegetarian for 52 years. I am not a vegan, but I don't like either eggs or cheese. I also don't like mushrooms, cabbage, spinach, beetroot, parsnips, turnips, swede, cauliflower, or broccoli What I hate most though is fussy eaters 

What do you eat other than rice and beans? :-D

My wife and daughter started us on a Paleo type diet. We're eating less processed stuff. That seems to be good for our digestive systems. :-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

9 minutes ago, Lihu said:

The bourbon peach sauce and the ribs sold me, especially washed down with more bourbon and vermouth! Sounds really good!

What do you eat other than rice and beans? :-D

My wife and daughter started us on a Paleo type diet. We're eating less processed stuff. That seems to be good for our digestive systems. :-)

Potatoes, pulses, pasta, vegetable curries, and chilies, vegetable pies (but not with the above in them), cottage pies (but not with the above in them) vegi burgers and sausages, All sorts really, I'm not very fussy ;-)

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

48 minutes ago, paininthenuts said:

Potatoes, pulses, pasta, vegetable curries, and chilies, vegetable pies (but not with the above in them), cottage pies (but not with the above in them) vegi burgers and sausages, All sorts really, I'm not very fussy ;-)

Cottage pies are really good. I think I'll order one for lunch! Never had a vegetarian one, though.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Falafel gets a lot of love, but sabich is delicious as well. If you're ever in NY, imho, Taim makes the best falafel and well worth the visit if you love falafel. Below is its sabich.

image.jpeg

Steve

36 minutes ago, jamo said:

I learned the chimney approach from Good Eats many years ago. It's the closest you're going to get to replicating a commercial salamander at home. The high heat is important because you want to get the Maillard reaction going on as much of the surface as quickly as possible or the heat will transfer into the interior and overcook the meat.

I've been getting into a lot of what's on this site lately: http://amazingribs.com

There's a lot of good stuff over there on technique, product reviews, recipes, etc. How to set up a 2-zone cook is a must-read IMO, and the reverse sear technique is in there.

Actually I upgraded my grill setup based on information I learned from there. I just bought a Weber Premium 26 and a Slow N Sear for it, and fired off some awesome pork chops with asparagus and grilled bread last night (forgot to take pics, sorry). With more time learning the new setup and a gasket for the lid, I'm going to be grilling and smoking a lot in the future. The neighbors are going to hate me, but it's a price I'm willing to pay ;-)

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread