IGNORED

Food Thread

mvmac

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

What else besides plain old charcoal do you use for barbecuing? Can you use a chimney with wood chips?

817wbBeRxZL._SY679_.jpg81MZgdiO5sL._SL1500_.jpg51EgU2g0RbL.jpg

Chips are for adding smoke. They burn too quickly for cooking with. If you want to use wood, you need splits or at least chunks but it can get expensive pretty quickly.

Wood also burns hotter than charcoal which is important to keep in mind for temperature control. I like wood for grilling more than smoking, but I don't have a good smoking rig set up for wood. Honestly the pro rigs burn the wood mostly into small embers which is basically like making their own charcoal. 

Lump charcoal is the best IMO, but I use briquettes because they're cheaper and have uniform size.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 hours ago, billchao said:

Chips are for adding smoke. They burn too quickly for cooking with. If you want to use wood, you need splits or at least chunks but it can get expensive pretty quickly.

Wood also burns hotter than charcoal which is important to keep in mind for temperature control. I like wood for grilling more than smoking, but I don't have a good smoking rig set up for wood. Honestly the pro rigs burn the wood mostly into small embers which is basically like making their own charcoal. 

Lump charcoal is the best IMO, but I use briquettes because they're cheaper and have uniform size.

Briquettes - I don't have a gas grill - this should be ok?

Screen Shot 2017-06-24 at 9.15.43 AM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

23 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Briquettes - I don't have a gas grill - this should be ok?

Screen Shot 2017-06-24 at 9.15.43 AM.png

Don't use anything that's Match Light or instant light. They're basically just briquettes soaked in lighter fluid.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

10 hours ago, billchao said:

Don't use anything that's Match Light or instant light. They're basically just briquettes soaked in lighter fluid.

^^^ This ^^^

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• 2 weeks later...

Danielle Kang doing a noodle lift from major trophy.

P0xV92c.png?1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

That's called a "noodle lift"?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, iacas said:

That's called a "noodle lift"?

http://instagram.com/liftingnoodles

Steve

3 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Instagram is destroying civilized society.

Bill

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, billchao said:

Instagram is destroying civilized society.

Bah.

https://www.instagram.com/iacas/

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Simply a comment that #liftingnoodles really doesn't need to be a thing, yet it is.

Bill

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
Just now, billchao said:

Simply a comment that #liftingnoodles really doesn't need to be a thing, yet it is.

Bah. How about #liftingtrophies?

https://www.instagram.com/nataliebrosiggolf/

:-)

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Bah. How about #liftingtrophies?

https://www.instagram.com/nataliebrosiggolf/

:-)

She's got a lot of practice doing that :beer:

Bill

My Swing Thread

Wait until they put shaved ice cream in the Claret Jug. :-D

Steve

10 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Wait until they put shaved ice cream in the Claret Jug. :-D

Root beer float!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

More than one way to do it folks. The variety of ways people grill.

https://www.villagevoice.com/2017/06/27/the-voice-asks-new-yorkers-whats-on-the-grill/

Steve

I was tempted to buy this crazy expensive honey just to see what it tastes like. Apparently this is the golf standard of honey. Oy, Freudian slip  Gold standard of honey.

IMG_1147.JPG

Steve