IGNORED

Food Thread

mvmac

Okay so I jinxed myself. A new King Soopers super store opened near my house and in Brighton CO this is a big deal. I ate my usual rice plate for dinner and we went in just to see what it was like. I left with a colossal cupcake, seriously it was labeled colossal cupcake with about an inch of flowery frosting, about the size of a large grapefruit. Like a dumbass I ate the entire thing and woke up with a serious sugar hangover.

Yeah I'll probably fire up the grill soon. I make a wicked burger with pork belly bits and minced onion topped with pineapple, x-sharp cheddar and Korean BBQ sauce. Friday I meet some folks at the course and someone brings dinner to eat out there, we rotate each week. So will see what happens later.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Abusing moderator privs already!!!

Ha ha, I had the edit function from before and I hit that button a lot! :-P

Have been making myself lots of apple pie filling, sans the crust. Love them apples!

When in the south, one has...

BBQ tacos?

There are two BBQ taco food trucks that operate near me. I've been eating Korillabbq tacos for awhile now - that's BBQ tacos with a Korean twist - kimchi.

And also Mexicue.

What can I say. I am a junk food junkie in very extreme moderation. Of course this pisses my doctor off immensely. He says a lot more proteins, and a lot less carbs. I figure we are even since he does not listen to my golf tips, and I tend to sometimes stray away from his medical instruction. Some days a guy just has to have that "incredible chili cheese dog" or that "ultimate cheese burger".  Throw in a little Taco Bell for a laxative, and those extra proteins have a better place to do their job.

There are two BBQ taco food trucks that operate near me. I've been eating Korillabbq tacos for awhile now - that's BBQ tacos with a Korean twist - kimchi.

And also Mexicue.

Dang those look awesome!

I posted broccoli... Next to fried cheese. :-)

You get a free pass for the dim sum :-D Ended up sauteing the okra in some grapeseed oil. Salt and pepper to season, plus a little fish sauce to finish. Big pod was too fibrous, but I knew that was going to happen. Pretty good otherwise. I wonder what other subtropical plants I can get to grow here?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct links for Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package. Save 10% on Mevo with coupon code "IACAS" as well.
    • Gears Golf: Club and Ball Metrics - Gears Sports CLUB HEAD METRICS Club Path Angle of Attack Face to Path Spin Loft Closure Rate T Closure Rate Low Point Speed Impact Point Face Center Ratio to Grip Loft Face Center Address Impact Difference ... Lie Static Address... The GEARS definition: We've discussed rate of closure in another topic, here: A lot of things can affect rate of closure. There are tour players with high rates and low rates. It doesn't seem to correlate to accuracy. For amateurs, high rates of closure (in combination with other factors) could indicate other flaws in the swing, but there's probably better ways to measure and identify those flaws anyway. Like spin rate on a launch monitor, I don't think closure rate is meant to be evaluated in isolation.
    • None of this excuses Greg and Phil for getting in bed with some of the worst people on earth whose only merit is that their country happens to be on top of a giant pool of oil.
    • I'm not concerned about it. The tags are likely softer than the screen, so unless you have sand embedded in the tag it's probably fine. Though now that I think about it, I'd be more concerned with @Shindig's idea of leaving the unit in my pocket while playing. My pockets always end up with sand and dirt in them.
    • So the simple answer is, yes. But, and it's a big one, is it your priority piece? Or is it something you can kick down the road while you work on something else? We all have numerous flaws in our swings and limited ability to make multiple changes simultaneously. You didn't share any details of your lesson, any before/after swings, or any drills you have to work on, so I don't know if what you ended up working on was more important. It could simply be a case of, "this isn't great but it's fine for now, let's fix this other thing first." Don't put the cart before the horse. Don't muddy the waters of your swing instruction. Insert other relevant idioms here 😜 But seriously, I don't know the quality of the lesson you received, but if you're going to question your instructor, how can you possibly commit to improving what he has shown you?
    • I likely won’t be playing any golf this weekend, so I’ll go ahead and post. This was from last Saturday. One of my coworkers and I played two holes after work. We went up to the reds on the par-3 second hole (playing about 95 yards that day) and hit our shots from there. I tried to take a little off a 50 degree and thinned it over the top of the flag and over the green. Then I plopped down another ball and decided to try a full swing 54 degree. Flushed it, and I saw it take one bounce right by the pin, then disappear. We practically sprinted up to the green and sure enough, there my ball was in the cup. Not sure if this counts as a true hole in one, but it was cool to make that shot!
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Burge
      Burge
      (43 years old)
    2. NoobSwingz
      NoobSwingz
      (37 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...