IGNORED

Food Thread

mvmac

Peking duck for breakfast!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

11 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Meh, I've never been a fan of fried stuff. To me, it just makes everything taste like oil. Sure, you can add sauce and marinate and stuff to it first, but the frying part just doesn't do much for me. Everything tastes better not fried. ;-)

A dried out eggplant with some spices and oil is quite good.

Edited by Zeph

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

4 hours ago, Zeph said:

A dried out eggplant with some spices and oil is quite good.

I have to try that!

Steve

Steve

15 hours ago, nevets88 said:

:dance:

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Philly Cheesesteak on top of your pizza.

Steve

• Administrator
On 3/29/2018 at 4:20 PM, nevets88 said:

I think that a variant of that was on Shark Tank.

Or maybe it was even that brand right there.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 3/30/2018 at 3:00 PM, nevets88 said:

Philly Cheesesteak on top of your pizza.

That actually looks really good. 

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

These desserts to be served at Yankee Stadium are a little... over the top, rimshot. Caloric requirements for the next two days.

26-yankee-milkshakes-1.w710.h473.2x.jpg

http://www.grubstreet.com/2018/03/yankees-debut-black-tap-shake-knockoffs-for-2018-concessions.html?utm_campaign=grub-street&utm_source=tw&utm_medium=s1

Steve

Meatless burger company gets another round of financing.

Steve

1 minute ago, nevets88 said:

Meatless burger company gets another round of financing.

Have you had one?

Scott

My Swing Thread

On 4/9/2018 at 1:45 PM, boogielicious said:

Have you had one?

Yeah, it's pretty close to meat, although some say there's something about it that's not quite right. Baring there's no ill health effects we don't know about yet, if it gets people to eat more healthy and reduces the size of the meat industry, I'd be fine with that. If real hamburgers disappeared off the face of the earth and this was the alternative, I'd be fine with that.

The Impossible Burgers are coming to White Castles in selected NY, NJ and Chicago locations.

http://www.grubstreet.com/2018/04/white-castle-unveils-impossible-burger-vegan-sliders.html?utm_campaign=grub-street&utm_source=tw&utm_medium=s1

Steve

17 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Yeah, it's pretty close to meat, although some say there's something about it that's not quite right. Baring there's no ill health effects we don't know about yet, if it gets people to eat more healthy and reduces the size of the meat industry, I'd be fine with that. If real hamburgers disappeared off the face of the earth and this was the alternative, I'd be fine with that.

The Impossible Burgers are coming to White Castles in selected NY, NJ and Chicago locations.

http://www.grubstreet.com/2018/04/white-castle-unveils-impossible-burger-vegan-sliders.html?utm_campaign=grub-street&utm_source=tw&utm_medium=s1

Stealing from Dave Letterman:

Headlines from the future, 20 years from now. Impossible Burger. Silent killer. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

26 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Stealing from Dave Letterman:

Headlines from the future, 20 years from now. Impossible Burger. Silent killer. 

Ha ha. I'm paranoid.

Full Ingredient List: 
Water, Textured Wheat Protein, Coconut Oil, Potato Protein, Natural Flavors, 2% or less of: Leghemoglobin (Soy), Yeast Extract, Salt, Konjac Gum, Xanthan Gum, Soy Protein Isolate, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Thiamin (Vitamin B1), Zinc, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin B12

Contains: 
Soy, Wheat

https://www.impossiblefoods.com/faq/

nutrition-facts.png

Steve

6 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Holy shit you're gonna die from thiamine poisoning ;-)

Also, who eats a 3oz burger? That serving size is grossly misleading.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

2 hours ago, billchao said:

Holy shit you're gonna die from thiamine poisoning ;-)

It's what's not on the label that needs to be worried about. Mu ha ha ha ha ha ha hahaha :-O

:-D

Steve

Quick, to White Castle!!!

Update: It was very good. Hamburger purists are gonna say it's not the same, but it's good enough for me. I usually counter balance a burger with a healthy serving of veggies, but I forgot, this "hamburger" is veggies.

Steve