IGNORED

Food Thread

mvmac

Pan Seared Sirloin with a Roasted Almond, Goat Cheese, and Balsamic Vinegar warm Broccoli Salad.fullsizeoutput_51b.jpeg

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

24 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Pan Seared Sirloin with a Roasted Almond, Goat Cheese, and Balsamic Vinegar warm Broccoli Salad.fullsizeoutput_51b.jpeg

Damn @saevel25....that steak is Texas proud. Nice!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

20 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Damn @saevel25....that steak is Texas proud. Nice!

I like to salt the steak with some course grain sea salt and leave in the fridge uncovered for about 3 hours to season it. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

On 1/3/2019 at 8:26 AM, saevel25 said:

If you want the best way to make scramble eggs, start off in a small stainless steel sauce pan. Drop a big cut of butter in. Crack in 2-3 eggs, and turn the temp onto low to medium low. Then slowly scramble the eggs and butter together. Keep stirring as the eggs scramble. If you see them start to scramble to fast then take the pan off the heat for a 10 seconds. You are looking for very small curdles, and them to be slightly runny. They will be super soft. Never salt the eggs before hand because it breaks down the proteins.

20160418-american-omelet-ham-and-cheese-

As with scrambled eggs, there are two major types of omelette: the hearty, big-as-your-face, fluffy diner-style omelette, and its refined French cousin, the tender, pale-yellow variety, gently rolled like the world's most delicious...

Salt affects eggs by weakening the magnetic attraction that yolk proteins have for one another (yes, egg proteins do find each other attractive). Egg yolks are made up of millions of tiny balloons filled with water, protein, and fat. These balloons are too small to see with the naked eye, but they are large enough to prevent light from passing through them. Salt breaks these spheres up into even tinier pieces, allowing light to pass through, so the salted eggs turn translucent. What does this mean for the way they cook? To find out, I cooked three batches of eggs side by side, noting their finished texture.

Turns out that salt can have quite a drastic effect on how eggs cook. When eggs cook and coagulate, the proteins in the yolks pull tighter and tighter together as they get hotter. When they get too tight, they begin to squeeze liquid out from the curds, resulting in eggs that weep in a most embarrassing manner. Adding salt to the eggs well before cooking can prevent the proteins from bonding too tightly by reducing their attraction to one another, resulting in a tenderer curd and lower likelihood of unattractive weeping. Adding salt immediately before cooking helps, but if you want the full effect, the salt must have time to dissolve and become evenly distributed through the mixture. This takes about 15 minutes—just enough time for you to get your bacon cooked or your omelette fillings ready!

FWIW, I like my eggs different depending on how I'm feeling, but 90% of the time I prefer over easy. Over easy eggs with hash browns, bacon, and toast is one of my all-time favorite meals (if not exactly the healthiest). Lay the eggs over the potatoes, break the yolk, tear the bacon into tiny strips so you get some in each bite, and then sop up the leftovers with the toast.

When I scramble I generally like them softer. The easiest way I've found is adding a pat of butter to a nonstick pan over low heat, dumping in the whisked eggs (usually with salt, black pepper, maybe a splash of milk, and a bit of parm), and keeping them constantly moving with a rubber spatula. Flipping, turning, and breaking them up. Remove just shy of desired doneness. I like to serve it on top of buttered toast so by the time I'm done eating the eggs the toast has absorbed some of the egg and it's gotten all soft. 

But I also sometimes enjoy the half-scramble, where you scramble the eggs with the spatula in the pan.

And there's nothing wrong with a more firm, larger-curd scrambled egg. Also very tasty. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

3 minutes ago, jamo said:

but if you want the full effect, the salt must have time to dissolve and become evenly distributed through the mixture. This takes about 15 minutes—just enough time for you to get your bacon cooked or your omelette fillings ready!

Hmm, I may have to try this out. 

Though, I cook scrambled eggs really slowly and don't overcook them. So, I don't think I get the issue of "weeping" eggs as they called it. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

11 hours ago, jamo said:
20160418-american-omelet-ham-and-cheese-

As with scrambled eggs, there are two major types of omelette: the hearty, big-as-your-face, fluffy diner-style...

FWIW, I like my eggs different depending on how I'm feeling, but 90% of the time I prefer over easy. Over easy eggs with hash browns, bacon, and toast is one of my all-time favorite meals (if not exactly the healthiest). Lay the eggs over the potatoes, break the yolk, tear the bacon into tiny strips so you get some in each bite, and then sop up the leftovers with the toast.

When I scramble I generally like them softer. The easiest way I've found is adding a pat of butter to a nonstick pan over low heat, dumping in the whisked eggs (usually with salt, black pepper, maybe a splash of milk, and a bit of parm), and keeping them constantly moving with a rubber spatula. Flipping, turning, and breaking them up. Remove just shy of desired doneness. I like to serve it on top of buttered toast so by the time I'm done eating the eggs the toast has absorbed some of the egg and it's gotten all soft. 

But I also sometimes enjoy the half-scramble, where you scramble the eggs with the spatula in the pan.

And there's nothing wrong with a more firm, larger-curd scrambled egg. Also very tasty. 

Science! Cool. Thanks for posting.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

PIEROGIES!!!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

Oh I love me some pierogies.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

There is The Pierogie Lady in Akron. I am not a big consumer of pierogies, but they were delicious! I feel like I need to try other ones to compare ;)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

From my last trip to Veselka, out of focus, but it was good. Scrambled eggs and bacon inside. Borscht was good too.

Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 3.50.41 PM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 2 months later...

Impossible Burger coming to Burger King.

01-impossible-whopper.w1200.h630.jpg

The high-tech veggie burger gets a high-profile rollout.

Steve

5 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Impossible Burger coming to Burger King.

01-impossible-whopper.w1200.h630.jpg

The high-tech veggie burger gets a high-profile rollout.

This thread is for food only...

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

My favorite style of eggs is scrambled. I like the way Gordon makes them in the video below, but I might omit the creme fraiche as I find it gets a bit too rich. Good scrambled eggs with some chives, roasted tomatoes and mushrooms and a nice toasted or freshly baked sourdough bread. That's my idea of a perfect Sunday breakfast. And some freshly squeezed orange juice or a brand that press them cold.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I love eggs. I can enjoy them cooked any way as long as they're not overcooked.

The American style omelet is one of my least favorite ways to eat them though, since people tend to overcook the egg itself. I prefer the ingredients made into a scrambled plate so the eggs can stay soft.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I've been eating 'huevos rancheros' since I was a kid and nowadays I make them for weekend breakfasts.

If you're not familiar with them it's a fried egg on a fried tortilla with beans, cheese, and salsa.  I add avocado on there for grins.  My fiance likes the tortilla burnt to a crisp and the egg yolk cooked through, I like mine runny.

Diego’s Gear
Driver: Callaway Great Big Bertha at 11.5*
5W: Taylormade Jetspeed 19*
Hybrid: Ping G5 22*
Irons: Mizuno MX-23 4-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter: Ping Ketsch 33”
My Swing: https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/93417-my-swing-foot-wedge/

As the last of the “relatively” cool weather leaves us down here, it’ll be a long time before I can make chili again, so best to enjoy it now...

5DC17487-D2A6-45B9-954F-330560F01AC1.jpeg

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Had a good shakshuka for brunch this weekend w/fresh whole wheat pitas.

download.jpeg

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday tradition   Spicy Miso and a Sapporo

IMG_3958.jpeg

My old but trusty bag is filled with clubs I built...Integra SoooLong 450 10.5°, Jackaroo II 13* 16* 23*  hybrids, Dynacraft irons and wedges...plus a sweet Tad Moore Peach putter.

Please check out my sports card/memorabilia blog: The Five Tool Collector