IGNORED

Food Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I didn't get a chance to watch the video when you first posted it, and almost forgot about this. I'm glad it wasn't what I thought it was going to be.

Huge bowl of protein ice cream 245 calories 21 protein 41 carbs 3 fat

Posted Images

On 12/5/2020 at 3:58 PM, Darkfrog said:

Kosmos makes really good rubs. The killer bee honey chipotle is my personal favorite.

That is the only one I have used so far and myself and a couple buddies really like it. I did chicken thighs again Saturday as well as a smoked queso dip too. 

image.png

About 30 minutes ago I put a 7lb pork shoulder on for pulled pork. Used the Kosmos Q Cow Cover rub this time, first time trying that one. Estimating it should take about 7-9 hours to complete. Cooking it at 225 degrees now until an internal temp of 160, then wrapping in aluminum foil until internal temp reaches 200.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 12/5/2020 at 10:10 AM, klineka said:

Just got a pellet grill/smoker delivered yesterday, I went with the RecTeq RT 340 and really like it so far. 

Made my first meal on it last night, bone in chicken thighs. They turned out amazing. I used Kosmos Q Spicy Chipotle Honey Killer Bee rub and smoked them at 225 for about 20-30 minutes then cranked the heat to 425 and flipped them once until they were at an internal temp of 165. I am making more for some friends today and I will do the same method except I will bring the heat up to 450 maybe even 475 to get the skin just a tad bit crispier.

I am also making a smoked queso dip today as well which I will share pictures of

The grill -

image.png

The chicken - 

image.png

Looks great!  I have a buddy who has had a Camp Chef pellet smoker for 2 years now and loves it.  Extremely versatile and easy to use.

4 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Are wood pellets economical? I feel like having something that can use both hardwood and pellets would be good? 

For my specific model, it's rated to use roughly 1 lb of pellets per hour, I bought a 20 lb bag of pellets at Lowe's for $10 so I should get roughly 20 hours of grill/smoke time for $10 plus the cost of the electricity that keeps the computer turned on. 

• 2 weeks later...

These should all be done by kickoff for the OSU game here shortly. 7lb pork shoulder for pulled pork, spare ribs in the middle and baby backs on the right. Pork shoulder has been on since 2am and the ribs have been on since 6.

Snapchat-2092238007.jpg

29 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Made Carbonara as authentic as I could. One of my favorite pasta dishes.

Yum mmm, its a favorite in our house too.  Its also one of our "fall back" dinners, we always have all the ingredients in the house.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like he was having a little fun.  Too little of that these days.  Though wondering if it was an analogy to something bigger and broader???  T'was a good, meaty discourse.

7 minutes ago, iacas said:

I hate the name “boneless wings” (they’re chicken nuggets), but I wouldn’t go this far:

This is awesome! I've said this for years! 

Yes, he's a little tongue and cheek, but he's absolutely right. 

This made me giggle out loud. 

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Looks like he was having a little fun.  Too little of that these days.  Though wondering if it was an analogy to something bigger and broader???  T'was a good, meaty discourse.

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

This is awesome! I've said this for years! 

Yes, he's a little tongue and cheek, but he's absolutely right. 

This made me giggle out loud. 

Mon Frere! You can have boneless chicken wings! Jacques will show you how!

1 minute ago, boogielicious said:

Mon Frere! You can have boneless chicken wings! Jacques will show you how!

I don't think that's what they are doing over at BWW...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • On what? Even a 6I is generally around low 60°s. Titleist 620 MB Irons | Muscle Back Irons | Titleist New 620 MB irons from Titleist. The dependability golfers desire with progressive enhancements to ensure you're carrying the best iron on the links. 63.5° there.   P.S. @KevinBlake: https://thesandtrap.com/how-to/add-an-avatar/
    • Naga-Waukee War Memorial 6.0 The course if just a great local favorite county course. It is a great old design which has views of Pewaukee Lake in multiple spots. It has one goofy par 5(#11) where you tee off straight up hill and then it drops off down and to the right after about 240 yards or so. Other than that, I like every hole on this course.  I wish they would put some good sand in the bunkers and maybe modernize those a bit. Greens roll a bit slow compared to the other courses we played, but for the amount of heavy play it gets they stay in decent shape year after year. The Club Lac La Belle – 6.5 I played this a few times now since it re-opened last year. My main issue with it is that they put so much money into the course it seems like they have to overcharge for it. It is a nice re-design though and they did a great job fixing the water drainage issues on the course. They also addressed how tight and short many of the holes were. Having been founded in 1896 it was due for some updates. I do enjoy the course, but it feels target oriented to me on a number of the holes. You can play hyper aggressive and take a lot of drivers but often from what I have witnessed and experienced, that leads to a lot of penalty stokes taken. I hit a lot of irons and hybrids off the tee to certain spots on the fairway and had one of my better rounds of the week.    Lawsonia Links – 7.5 It isn’t really like anything I have played or experienced. It is just such a neat property overall.  I am not really a student of golf architecture at all but it seems like some of the design brilliance is in the subtle things and ways that they moved earth to visually change looks. Big reveals and raised greens are all over the course. I was not a big fan of the blind shots early on in the round. I just have never been a big fan of teeing off over a hill covered in rough. I think it is a must play if you come to sand valley. It gives you something different to see and the price to play it is a great value. Mammoth Dunes – 8.0 This was the first time out on Mammoth for me. Visually, it is very cool. I love that this course is a journey. You don’t return to the clubhouse until 18 so after your first tee shot, you have committed to that end. It is a fantastic portion of the property and I love the layout. In some ways it is visually more appealing than Sand Valley. It was my best round of the week and I feel that this is nice course for a struggling golfer like myself to have a bit of a easy day and put up a decent score. The absence of much overall difficulty is also what keeps the course from being a top tier course for me. Sand Valley – 9.0 I’ve now played it 3 times. I have not played many top tier courses, so this is probably in my top two courses, the other being Whistling Straits. I need to get out more for sure. SV is just a challenge, and a very fun one at that. You pretty much have to focus the entire way through the course. Number one is short and seems pretty easy, but leave yourself a partial wedge and I hope you are practiced up on those. The green has a false front as well. Holes 2 – 7 are the welcome to Sand Valley slap in the face. You get a bit of a break at 8 in my opinion which is a short uphill par 3 but you still have to hit a fairly tight landing area. Number 9 is drivable but it is almost the worst decision you can take for most of us the bunkers around the green are horrifying and the only water on the course is in play to the right. The first two par 5s on the back(10 and 12) are tons of fun, they are not overly long or at least they don’t play as long, and are very getable in 2. Number 13 is fairly forgettable as a hole but that second shot seems to be a tough one even though the hole seems fairly simple and is easy to lose focus on. It plays longer than it looks and is uphill to another difficult green. 17 and 18 are the ultimate test of exhaustion and your state of mind to this point in the round. A good player just needs to hit the proper side of the bowl for the pin position and will end up with a birdie putt(or in Erik’s case a 4” tap in). For a lesser player this hole can be a real challenge, at 210-235 uphill, depending on your tees. 18 is the final test, you are exhausted by this time, and you are asked to play a 3 shot hole in which you are walking up a fairly aggressive slope the entire way. It is maybe the best finishing hole I have played. Depending on the pin position you can bank your third shot off a slope for a run at the hole as well. I will probably find time to play this course every year that I possibly can, since I live so close.  What a week this was!  
    • This thread covered set up posture. Set up can help other issues as well like early extension.  
    • Hi all, I've attempted to see if this was already covered... I am pretty new to golf having spent the last couple of years going to the driving range casually and have taken to the course circa 10 times. I would like to take some advice on which clubs i should be holding in my bag. My current set up in as follows Ping G30 (white dot which are 1.5 inch longer) 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, PW, SW Ping G30 Hybrid (4) 22 degree Ping G30 Driver (1) 10.5 degree Spider Putter Couple of things which i am thinking about. Secure a LW (58deg) as the most aggressive wedge i have at present is the SW (54 deg) The Hybrid i have feels like it could be useful but feels short, i.e. i have white dot irons but this is standard length, would you recommend getting this extended? Is there any other clubs which you feel could be useful to me? Thanks in advance, Alex    
    • Things that make you go, "Hmmmm...". Large study finds COVID-19 is linked to a substantial drop in intelligence  
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Armando Araujo
      Armando Araujo
      (46 years old)
    2. chris3putt
      chris3putt
      (54 years old)
    3. CrazyHorsePete
      CrazyHorsePete
      (34 years old)
    4. DHak20
      DHak20
      (44 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...