IGNORED

Fake ap 2 irons

Note: This thread is 3583 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

[IMG][IMG] [/IMG][/IMG] Just ordered these then started reading about how there are fake ap 2 irons out there. My biggest concern is the numbers scratched off. Im 16 years old and have no knowledge of fakes so if anybody could help me out it would be greatly appreciated

Thats looks like normal wear for AP2 irons. Find the serial number, they are etched on the hosel of the 6 or 7 iron. Then call Titleist at (800)225-8500. And have them verify the serial number matches those irons.

What did you pay for them? Used right?

Also post a photo of the Titleist emblem on the cavity. If its fake, then you can usually tell right away the emblem doesn't look right.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

I bought them for 450 and the serial number cant be made out. Neither can the titleist emblem. Neither are good signs. The irons have a good bit of wear on them which could bring down the price

Thats actually the going price for used AP2 irons.

Post the photo of the emblems, thats really the only way to be sure. Is it bag chatter that scratched off the serial numbers?

Is there a Titleist sticker on the shafts? Near the grip?

What is the sellers feedback? Is it a new member?

Its is a member since 2006 with all postive feedback but only 4 things said. Not much else. The serial number are there but just cant be seen. There is no good view of the emblem though

It sounds like you don't have them yet? Are you referring to the ebay photos they provided?

Its is a member since 2006 with all postive feedback but only 4 things said. Not much else. The serial number are there but just cant be seen. There is no good view of the emblem though

Surely the seller can give you the serial number off those irons, heck I have Titleist irons from 2005 and the numbers are easy to see. If he's a high rated ebay seller, he should have no problem giving you the numbers to verify them with Titleist. Unless the 6 or 7 irons were played in rocks, or something to wear the numbers down or something, they should be able to see them.

If he refuses, file a claim or ask for your money back.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

"May I see the carfax report please" "Oh, my daughter works at Ford and she drove this car for quite awhile with no problem" Point made: He told you nothing. Only that his daughter played for Penn Sate (maybe) and that maybe she played with fake Titleist clubs.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Well just wait until you receive the clubs. Then post up some close up pics here, and we can tell you if they are fake or not.

If they are fake, don't worry you will be covered by filing a claim with ebay/paypal, and you will get refunded.

I bought some fake AP2s two years ago on ebay. I took them to Golfsmith and they inspected them, and they ended up shipping them to Titleist. Titleist verified they were fake, and they kept and destroyed them. I filed a claim with ebay and got my refund within about 10 days.

Hey Motley, how do you like those Callaway Apex irons? I play Ping G25's....but I'm always..well you know....Lol.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Hey Motley, how do you like those Callaway Apex irons? I play Ping G25's....but I'm always..well you know....Lol.

The Callaway Apex irons are absolutely outstanding. Best feeling (and forgiving) set of irons I ever had. I had the 712 AP2s, sold them and just got the Apex this year. They are long too, like 10 yards longer than AP2s. My miss is usually on the toe, and I still don't lose that much distance. Toe shots on the AP2s felt horrible.

Very happy with them, highly recommended. Hey if they are good enough for Phil, their good enough for me. If you didn't know, Phil has the Apex irons in his bag this year.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/962514-phil-mickelson-witb-shot-at-the-2014-wm-phoenix-open/

Take a couple of them down to your Golfsmith-type place or the best course near you. They (or the Pro) will be able to quickly determine if they're fakes.

There are thousands of counterfeits on eBay, especially wedges, and I've even come across a Seller who unbeknownst to him wound up with six dozen fake Pro V1s . Any novice golfer would likely not know the difference.

If any eBay golf club is "brand new" and the Seller has more than one for sale at substantially less than the going price, it's almost always fake. Esp if the Seller is overseas.

Before bidding, always ask the Seller if he can guarantee that the club is authentic. If he doesn't respond in a day or two, it's more often than not a bogus club.

Note: This thread is 3583 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!