IGNORED

What golf tip actually works?

Note: This thread is 3545 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have tried various tips and swing thoughts throughout the years

and none of them actually work.

Can someone provide me with a categorically correct theory

of the swing that isn't cloaked in controversy?

• Administrator

Yep. http://purestrike5sk.com/

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Concept of golf swings played on a tilted plane to stay on plane you have to pivot downswing and swing left with handle and face square not flipped over face of club has a lot to do with plane two Best tip in a lesson ever got

I am one of those that are suspect of the motives of a lot golf mumbo jumbo. You know, the ones that are primarily there to sell visually and not really get results. However, the five keys are some of the best you can follow. I would say you can't go wrong with these.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Ok ok now do in have to subscribe to 5 keys to talk golf here If I don't wanna join am I ok I'm not interested if u wanna remove me thAts ok just not interested in that I won't be upset looks like thus is a golf program site that's cool Delete me if u want

Ok ok now do in have to subscribe to 5 keys to talk golf here If I don't wanna join am I ok I'm not interested if u wanna remove me thAts ok just not interested in that I won't be upset looks like thus is a golf program site that's cool Delete me if u want

Why? So you can claim more discrimination? Did you try clicking on the link?

U have problem I am ? just a crAcker

Thank you for this.

Racist comments, like calling people "cracker", will get you banned. I'd report you, but it's not worth the time. Chances are, nobodies reading your posts anyway. Posts with crap ass grammar and piss poor spelling usually get tossed in the "not gonna bother reading this" pile. Enjoy your stay.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

one of my favorite is arm extension through the ball to a pose. i am tall with long arms and i can get into this t-rex arm swing. this keeps my ball really low and usually has a sharp side-spin on it one way or another. putting a slightly diagonal club or stick outside the ball to help you visualize in to out helps too.

it's also how i screw up short chips.

extending my arms to and through the ball and making an emphasis to turn and have my belt buckle facing my target usually results in a much better ball. just trust that good things are going to happen and do the pose no matter how over the top it feels. (the exaggerated pose, hopefully not your swing)

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

• Administrator

Leaving this one for posterity, but several other comments removed, @whorippedit has been banned, and this thread can now get back on topic.

Thank you.

P.S. Since @whorippedit is actually @c peterich (who is also @Carl Winthrop ), I've also banned that account.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Leaving this one for posterity, but several other comments removed, @whorippedit has been banned, and this thread can now get back on topic.

Thank you.

P.S. Since @whorippedit is actually @c peterich (who is also @Carl Winthrop), I've also banned that account.

I suspected this....must be some sort of sickness....carry on.

Tips don't work because they generally aren't specific to a player's priority piece and/or the player doesn't implement the change correctly.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Tips don't work because they generally aren't specific to a player's priority piece and/or the player doesn't implement the change correctly.

I agree ... Even with my instructor standing right there, I tell him back what he said, and I heard, and what I think I will do different in the next swing ... Sometimes I did not understand what he " meant " or I put my own experience level filter on what it meant ... Just want make sure I get the bang for my buck ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Tips are like aspirin. Might help for the day not neccessary everyday. Too much can kill you. Some people have severe moderate reaction to it and can't use it Tips - use with caution

Depends on what you mean by tips. Golf swing in a nut shell to me is the following. Grip, it's the only part of you that touches the club so it better be good. Posture, you are still static here so you better not screw this up. Then ball position. Find the bottom of your swing and adjust it for what you are trying to do with each club. When you swing absolutely do not let your head go up and down. That will keep your body from lifting and lowering. That is not a timing move you want to fool with. Swing plane, one plane or 2, steep or shallow, whatever it is you choose to do you better be able to repeat it. Weight shift to the right and back to the left caused from shoulder/hip rotation. No swaying. Let the weight shift forward create the hinge/lag, do not manipulate the hands wrist or forearms in the swing. Do that by keeping forearms and wrists loose through the entire swing but keep the grip firm. Make sure your entire body turns through the shot. Then finish high which should just happen if everything else was done right. But I guess those could all be considered tips. Maybe just hit the ball. Do all that and you are on your way to bogey golf unless you pitch/putt really well. But I am just a hacker so I could be wrong.

James

What's been working magic for me lately is the squat and thrust jump. Been taking me some time to implement, but by freezing my lower body, sitting into my heels and pushing up through impact I hit the ball miles..

Note: This thread is 3545 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!