IGNORED

New golf shoes!

kpaulhus
Note: This thread is 3575 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well on the 13th hole yesterday morning my current pair of Nike Lunar golf shoes began leaking from morning dew. They were a tee gift 5 years ago, so its time for new shoes anyways. I prefer to stay with spikes and im leaning towards the FJ DNA, TW2013 model, or maybe find some discounted last years FJ model shoe. Im partial to the really sleek look of the FJ DNA or Icon shoe, however for $189-$230 Im sure I could get two pairs of discounted shoes that will be fine. I am always teetering on spending a lot of money and somehow try to always outweigh the pros vs cons.

Anyone experience either? Your thoughts?

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I know you are looking for spikes, but maybe you should try on a pair of True Linkswear.  I bought a pair about 3 weeks ago.  They are easily the most comfortable shoe I have ever had.  I wear them daily at the office, and to play golf.  They are also water-proof.

I played one morning in the wet/dew.  By the ninth hole, my playing partner's shoes were soaked.  My were still dry as can be.

I got the "Stealth" model for $75.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Ditch the spikes. My new Ecco shoes are amazingly comfortable and have plenty of grip.

The more I practise, the luckier I hope to get.

Idk guys I heard the True Linkswear were good but Im not sure if I want to move away from a more traditional looking golf shoe.

Kyle Paulhus

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Idk guys I heard the True Linkswear were good but Im not sure if I want to move away from a more traditional looking golf shoe.

I thought the same thing.  I actually bought the True Linkswear because I needed a brown, kinda dressy shoe for the office.  I read good reviews on it as far as comfort, and they were water proof as well.  I had not planned on wearing them as my go-to golf shoe.  When I tried them though, I did not want to take them off.  They really are that comfortable.

-Matt-

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I would be cautious of getting any model that uses the "PINS" spike system. I've heard lots of complaints of those type spikes falling out. If you go with a spike less model, no problem obviously.

I agree. I just can't get with the looks of the True shoes. I have the TW13s, they are super comfy, waterproof, and awesome looking.

Colin P.

Figures every golf store sale for Father's Day excludes titleist and FJ....the DNA's felt great on my feet but not $189 great.

Kyle Paulhus

Figures every golf store sale for Father's Day excludes titleist and FJ....the DNA's felt great on my feet but not $189 great.

Know how you feel. The new lunar 2s look really sleek too. Last year I went to some soft spike and am really not liking them. For me there is not enough grip so i am currently shopping around for some DNAs too. Amazing shoe

Kpaulhus - I'm with you on the spikes, I just prefer it. Haven't felt comfortable when trying on any of the other styles. I currently have the Nike Lunar, and they are the most comfortable golf shoe I've worn. I had the Adidas Powerband prior to that, and was pretty happy with them as well. I figure why fix what isn't broken... So I'd probably stick with the Lunars next time around (although I'd probably still compare to other shoes at that point just to perform my due diligence haha) Good luck, let us know what you wind up with and what you think of them.

Truelinkswear, nothing better than a low profile zero drop shoe. It was very wet out Sunday, didn't slip once. Spikeless doesn't have any problems with wet conditions. I can wear them anywhere, no changing shoes after golfing.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Truelinkswear, nothing better than a low profile zero drop shoe. It was very wet out Sunday, didn't slip once. Spikeless doesn't have any problems with wet conditions. I can wear them anywhere, no changing shoes after golfing.

See. I'm not the only one.

-Matt-

I like to throw on sandals after my round so my toes get some sun and offset the sock tan lol!

Kyle Paulhus

Whenever I need new shoes I always find myself opting for a year or two old Adidas model. The tour 360 line if their shoes of the equivalent top of the line shoe from 2-3 years ago is always on sale on my local store so i can get a high quality pair of shoes for <£60 which i can never seem to find a better option than.

But for the summer i am considering a spikeless, lighter and hopefully cooler pair. The truelinkswear shoes do look very nice, and I have seen a couple of pairs going cheap of eBay.

Henry

I have the FJ DNA shoes and they truly are everything people have been raving about! I absolutely love them, so comfortable and stable and having the spike right at the front if the shoe, in my opinion, makes a big difference when it comes to stability and control. Great shoe if you can bear the pain of paying for them :) Regards Mailman

Mailman

some people dont slip, others do.  i cant wear my spikeless shoes (footjoy m project or nike lunar ascend) on wet days without slipping.  i can only wear them on dry days.

Colin P.

I have to agree that I don't care for the look of truelink golf shoes. They look clownish to me. I am playing a pair of adidas spikeless and do occasionally slip when I am swinging out of them. We have a adidas outlet here and I can often score a reasonably comfortable and decent priced shoe.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Note: This thread is 3575 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!