IGNORED

"Lowest Score Wins" by Barzeski and Wedzik

iacas

One (slight) aside: personally, as a self-professed "stats geek", I thought that Every Shot Counts was a perfect companion text...after reading LSW, I went back and read it again (I had read it when it first came out), and the two complement each other very well.

Agreed. I have toyed with analyzing my game via homegrown spreadsheets using both methodologies and I think they indeed complement each other.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just ordered the book, yay. Tried to order it months ago but Couldn't find a way to ship it to my home in Vietnam and it jjust hit me that I can ship it to Japan where I have a apartment there and go there every months. Can't wait to read it.

how long does it usually take to get a copy?

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

• Administrator

how long does it usually take to get a copy?

It depends on how quickly we ship them out.

Tomorrow I should ship out the next batch.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It depends on how quickly we ship them out. Tomorrow I should ship out the next batch.

Sweet! Thanks

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Just finished the shot zone & decision map sections.  They are something I already understand (from other golf books) and need to do but I simply don't have discipline to stick to it in the course of a round.   I will give it a shot in this weekend's round.   This means I won't be using much of my driver, and will be laying up even on par 3 holes.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

My last weekend's rounds were 95 & 90, a pretty good pair of scores for my recent standard.  The only sure thing I followed from the book was flaring both feet out at address.   I completed reading the book and will try one more sure thing in this weekend's rounds - hitting into middle of green from 80 yards and out.  Other things will be harder to apply without more practice and discipline.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

• Administrator

My last weekend's rounds were 95 & 90, a pretty good pair of scores for my recent standard.  The only sure thing I followed from the book was flaring both feet out at address.   I completed reading the book and will try one more sure thing in this weekend's rounds - hitting into middle of green from 80 yards and out.  Other things will be harder to apply without more practice and discipline.

If you're a 19, it might even be 60 yards. Of course, if the green is HUGE, then it's not really the "center" of the green. It's more just playing toward the safe side, always.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkim291968

If you're a 19, it might even be 60 yards. Of course, if the green is HUGE, then it's not really the "center" of the green. It's more just playing toward the safe side, always.

Greens are on small to average side.   I will use 60 yards for most situations then.  Thanks.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I followed several tips from LSW in the last two rounds, notably, hitting to middle of green on shots longer than 60 yards.   Several times, I hit to exactly to the middle, away from the pin.  But for simple majority of times, hitting to middle of the green regardless of pin location worked well.   Scores were good - 91 & 88.  Heck, they were excellent.  Can't credit everything to LSW (took two lessons on driving, and have been doing a lot of mirror work) but it is certainly helping.

I am now re-reading Speed Kills section.  I don't get "Use the ground" section and submitted a question to LSW.com site.  If anyone has alternate explanation on how it works, I'd appreciate it.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

• Administrator

I am now re-reading Speed Kills section.  I don't get "Use the ground" section and submitted a question to LSW.com site.  If anyone has alternate explanation on how it works, I'd appreciate it.

That just goes to Dave and I… :) So I'll just answer it here.

It's jumping. It's extending. It's lowering slightly (possibly) and then exploding UP off the ground. First you have to get your hips forward, but then you extend the lead knee and push your butt up and thrust your belt forward and up.

We've done some videos on it. I'll try to remember to look back here and link those in later.

Quote:

That just goes to Dave and I… :) So I'll just answer it here.

It's jumping. It's extending. It's lowering slightly (possibly) and then exploding UP off the ground. First you have to get your hips forward, but then you extend the lead knee and push your butt up and thrust your belt forward and up.

We've done some videos on it. I'll try to remember to look back here and link those in later.

I think I get it.   Sort of like Lexi Thomson swing?

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

• Administrator

Among others. You don't have to actually get airborne like she does to "use the ground" though.

Quote:

Among others. You don't have to actually get airborne like she does to "use the ground" though.

That's what I thought.  Thanks.

Got some "speed kills" mirror work done today at a gym.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Got videos?

And there is a great drill video in the member content section on the LSW's site.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Great video. Something I know I am not doing. Working in pieces head still weight toward etc. I think I'm ready for this now. Thanks a bunch Mac and icass