IGNORED

"Lowest Score Wins" by Barzeski and Wedzik

iacas

Just ordered my copy of LSW.  Had to finish some pesky work related books first -- hate it when job gets in the way of golf!

Looking forward to getting the book and see how much more I can drop the handicap before the course officially closes for the season (last year November 1).   Goal is to get back to single digit by then.

Another badge also please. 

In my bag: All Lefty clubs
Goldsmith driver I built 10 degree reg flex, Orlimar 14 degree 3 wood, 7 wood
Cobra Oversize 3 and 4 iron; Gigagolf Ion Control 5 iron through PW firm flex and 1 inch over with 3 degrees upright
Golfsmith SW that I built, steel shaft reg flex, Cleveland Tour Action Raw 60 with dynamic golf stiff
Scotty Cameron Teryllium Newport putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just got my copy of LSW from Erik yesterday. Already read it cover to cover but I definitely will be going back and rereading specific sections. I also will now be keeping track of my nGIR in addition to my GIR. 

I took a couple of the drills with me to the range today and saw immediate improvement, especially with the 2 tee drill working on launching the ball higher in the air with the driver. 

I also really liked the 3,6,9 putting drill. I think that between this book and the evolvr lessons I am on a good path to improvement.

Question, is it worth it for me to rent some time using a launch monitor right now to do the shot zone mapping if I'm in the middle of evolvr lessons and getting swing instruction for the first time in my life? Is it possible that my shot zones would change that much as a result of lessons, or am I safe to do the mapping now, knowing that the zones would (hopefully) tighten over time with more lessons?

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

1 hour ago, klineka said:

Just got my copy of LSW from Eric yesterday.

From who?

1 hour ago, klineka said:

I took a couple of the drills with me to the range today and saw immediate improvement, especially with the 2 tee drill working on launching the ball higher in the air with the driver. 

I also really liked the 3,6,9 putting drill. I think that between this book and the evolvr lessons I am on a good path to improvement.

I really should do the two tee drill, especially since my really bad miss with a driver is a pop up that goes maybe 150 yards and left. Especially scary on two holes at my home course (consecutive too) that have O.B. left;  that shot at either very likely costs me two strokes.  I think that drill would help me on that too.

The putting drills (which I've really gotten into lately) have been great. 3-6-9 and the around-the-clock are great.  Get the ruler if you want to work on bead too:  I enjoy that drill and it takes only a few minutes at home. 

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Swanson-Tool-Company-Ruler/1007805

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

12 minutes ago, Shindig said:

From who?

I really should do the two tee drill, especially since my really bad miss with a driver is a pop up that goes maybe 150 yards and left. Especially scary on two holes at my home course (consecutive too) that have O.B. left;  that shot at either very likely costs me two strokes.  I think that drill would help me on that too.

The putting drills (which I've really gotten into lately) have been great. 3-6-9 and the around-the-clock are great.  Get the ruler if you want to work on bead too:  I enjoy that drill and it takes only a few minutes at home. 

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Swanson-Tool-Company-Ruler/1007805

Oops I meant from Erik. Rookie mistake:whistle: 

And yeah maybe one night this week ill go get a ruler from Lowe's, although I really want to try to stay around the 65/20/15 for how I split my practice time. Its not as fun but I think I need more work with dry swings in my living room instead of putting since the full swing obviously has a much greater impact on my score

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

For those that already have the book, how long did it take to arrive after placing order.  

Now that I have ordered, can't wait to get it!!

Cobra Oversize 3 and 4 iron; Gigagolf Ion Control 5 iron through PW firm flex and 1 inch over with 3 degrees upright
Golfsmith SW that I built, steel shaft reg flex, Cleveland Tour Action Raw 60 with dynamic golf stiff

Never mind!  Should have looked at my email first.  Had an email with tracking info.  Very excited to dig into the book.

• 4 weeks later...

I just finished reading LSW, and I thought it was outstanding. I wasn't practicing mindlessly, I was on the right track WRT SV's, and I loosely practiced game planning - but the book will/has improved my understanding in all three, and I definitely learned some things I didn't realize at all. I look forward to reading through it again and using it as a reference. Well worth the money - I'm recommending it to those I play golf with looking for insights!

FWIW, an eBook would have increased sales among those I know.

Edited by Midpack
  • Upvote 1

I was going to put this on my Christmas list, but I am growing impatient.  If my wife can make me go buy my son an XBox-1 Birthday Gift even though his birthday is not until December, shouldn't I be allowed to buy this now?!!!! 

28 minutes ago, Midpack said:

I was wondering about this as well, I haven't read a real paper book in years.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

11 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

I was wondering about this as well, I haven't read a real paper book in years.

I far prefer eBooks and hadn't bought a paper book in years either until LSW - I made an exception, something I'm increasingly unlikely to do over the years ahead. YMMV

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Midpack said:

I far prefer eBooks and hadn't bought a paper book in years either until LSW - I made an exception, something I'm increasingly unlikely to do over the years ahead. YMMV

We've made the right choice here.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, Midpack said:

Don't know if it matters, but I agree.  LSW is also the first actual book I have purchased in years.  

On another note, did finish book last night, and now getting ready to start developing my practice plan. 

I like the paper version of this as I found it easier to carry and lend to my closest golfing buddies to try to show them the light, so to speak.  Unfortunately, this is resulting in them staying quite a bit better than I am but I'm getting there!

Woods: Ping G15 10.5* Draw Driver;   Ping G Series 14.5* 3 Wood;  Callaway 2019 Apex 19* 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno MP-33 4-PW

Wedges: Ping Glide 1.0 52* SS, Glide Stealth 2.0 56* ES, Hogan 60* SW

Edel E-1 Putter

• Administrator
4 hours ago, scotth said:

Don't know if it matters, but I agree.  LSW is also the first actual book I have purchased in years.

Like I've said we are very happy with our decision to do what we did.

Not really worth making an e-Book. Over 15,000 copies sold in paperback. We chose well. :-)

And we sized it so it would fit in your golf bag.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2017 at 8:28 AM, iacas said:

Not really worth making an e-Book. Over 15,000 copies sold in paperback. We chose well. :-)

That's interesting.  I know next to nothing about publishing, but would have thought it would have been easier and cheaper to make an e-Book than go the paper route.  Did you get advice that you'd get more copies into the hands of people if you went traditional?

On 9/19/2017 at 9:28 PM, iacas said:

I can understand that.

There may be some untapped international markets you could reach with an e-Book. I wanted to purchase a copy (in Canada), but found that it got too pricey - the order process was through eBay and had to buy two copies and had almost $20 in shipping. As an e-book, I could have bought a single copy and no shipping. 

• Administrator
5 hours ago, carri10 said:

That's interesting.  I know next to nothing about publishing, but would have thought it would have been easier and cheaper to make an e-Book than go the paper route.  Did you get advice that you'd get more copies into the hands of people if you went traditional?

I went over this years ago and don’t plan to again.

eBooks are easier to steal, people expect to pay significantly less even though costs are often the same through Kindle/iBooks, we wanted something people could easily highlight and take with them, loan, gift, etc.

I own a Kindle. Five actually. I buy a lot of eBooks.

We made the right call.

And you can buy a single copy internationally @skram.