IGNORED

"Lowest Score Wins" by Barzeski and Wedzik

iacas

Saturday afternoon watching golf and reading a good book. Gonna try to get out later and put some work in on Sv 4 and Sv3 skills. 

72AE2816-9709-4039-8D54-B16100933E0C.jpeg

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Continues to help me on my road back from injuries. Gives me focus. Have read it and continue to read it. Always open on my desk for the evening perusal. Best, -Marv

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

Well I can so far this book has improved my putting. I was practicing wrong and now I'm much better inside of 6 feet and my lag putting is getting better. It has saved me some strokes. I need to work on my wedge game. It seems like I get one area fixed and then I go to hell in some other area.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's a great book.  I plan on reading it again over the winter break.  I forgot some stuff in here.  Simple and to the point.  Factually based instead of subjective feelings.

• 4 weeks later...

My book was a good friend during Jury Duty this week..... awesome book you guys!

Reading through the data, game plans and strategy disproved my long held beliefs such as PGA tour being a big putting contest, Par 3's are no different type of holes just to name a few.   Rereading some of the chapters again already...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Stonedude said:

My book was a good friend during Jury Duty this week..... awesome book you guys!

Reading through the data, game plans and strategy disproved my long held beliefs such as PGA tour being a big putting contest, Par 3's are no different type of holes just to name a few.   Rereading some of the chapters again already...

Thanks for the feedback. Glad we could help you get through Jury Duty. 🙂

I gave you the LSW badge. Thanks for your purchase.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 months later...

Practically speaking, how do you suggest someone goes about making a decision map?  Enlarging and printing images off google maps?

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

• 2 weeks later...

The feedback excited me to buy a copy a couple days ago. Now awaiting arrival in the U.K. and can’t wait!

I read Ray Floyd’s ‘Elements of Scoring’ last year, then ended up not playing again until last month! Do the books compare in any way?

3 hours ago, mellison24 said:

The feedback excited me to buy a copy a couple days ago. Now awaiting arrival in the U.K. and can’t wait!

I read Ray Floyd’s ‘Elements of Scoring’ last year, then ended up not playing again until last month! Do the books compare in any way?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

14 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Thank you Vinsk, but that didn’t really answer my question. I was hoping for an answer from anyone who’s read both, so I’d have a flavour of what to expect.

Of course, I’ll find out out for myself when LSW arrives 🙂

13 minutes ago, mellison24 said:

Thank you Vinsk, but that didn’t really answer my question. I was hoping for an answer from anyone who’s read both, so I’d have a flavour of what to expect.

Of course, I’ll find out out for myself when LSW arrives 🙂

They are different. Floyd’s book is more about his approach to scoring as the title indicates and is more about the short game and approach shots. LSW goes into much more detail on what is important to work on, how to determine that, how to strategize knowing your tendencies and how to practice. I liked both books a lot, bit LSW is much more complete.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 4/10/2019 at 10:43 AM, dsc123 said:

Practically speaking, how do you suggest someone goes about making a decision map?  Enlarging and printing images off google maps?

You mean for game planning? You kind of can't do that ahead of time unless you're going to execute shots exactly as you planned.

I like to scout out a course on Game Golf ahead of time sometimes just to get an idea of what I'm going to face, but beyond that it's kind of a see how I end up hitting the ball that day kind of thing. As long as you have a good grasp of your shot zones you should be able to figure out what you need to do.

17 hours ago, mellison24 said:

Floyd is a little too conservative, IIRC. He's big on "taking your medicine" and chipping out from trouble instead of trying to advance the ball wherever possible, and he also advocates laying up and playing to specific full swing yardages. Everyone gets better the closer they get to the hole.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
On 4/10/2019 at 10:43 AM, dsc123 said:

You can't really do it ahead of time except for some tee shots, and even then, the wind or different conditions can affect those.

You can mark out where the really dark shades of grey are on the course, so you're aware of those, as well as some lighter grey areas to miss near greens.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, billchao said:

he also advocates laying up and playing to specific full swing yardages. Everyone gets better the closer they get to the hole.

I try to get as close to the hole on layups as possible except on weird green complexes.

There’s a lot of severely elevated greens in my parts, 35-50 yards on flat ground or down slope and up a cliff-i can only hit the green with a 8.5/10 shot or a lucky bounce through the rough landing just short.

Im pretty handy with a wedge too. I use the bounce well. Short-sided shots aren’t a death sentence by any means for me...my bump n runs are trash by my accounts. Constantly 12-20 feet when I have green to work with. I digress...

A nice relaxed 3/4 sand or lob wedge from 70-90 must be the play. 

I’ll probably get ripped apart on this, but this site is for learning so I’m ok with posting this.

In my final defense, I do not think tiger would have lost on the 18th in matchplay if he was 80-105 instead of 50.

• 3 weeks later...

I've ordered my copy yesterday, should arrive in 2 week. I've been wanting to get that book for a while but the shipping cost of ebay for canada is horrible! But with all the good comments on the book, I've decided that It was worth paying a little extra for shipping!! Can't wait to read it.