IGNORED

"Lowest Score Wins" by Barzeski and Wedzik

iacas

• Administrator
1 hour ago, The Flush said:

I received the book today.  I actually ordered from Amazon before I read on a thread here that those were not authorized copies of the book. I am returning that copy and keeping the copy I received from the LSW website.  You can definitely tell the difference in quality.  The legit copy is at least 1/8" thicker due to heavier paper.

I will start reading as soon as I hit submit on this post.

Thank you very much for doing that. Even as easy as Amazon returns are, I know it's still a bit of a hassle. I appreciate it.

I think our cover is nicer too. 😄

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, The Flush said:

I received the book today.  I actually ordered from Amazon before I read on a thread here that those were not authorized copies of the book. I am returning that copy and keeping the copy I received from the LSW website.  You can definitely tell the difference in quality.  The legit copy is at least 1/8" thicker due to heavier paper.

I will start reading as soon as I hit submit on this post.

I did the same thing and ended up returning the first one to Amazon.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine last week. Thanks. Early in the book. So far separation value and weight forward have resonated with me

...weight forward...Unconsciously started a slight weight forward shift as a start to my backswing this past weeks and finding I am striking the ball a little more consistently

....SV...I am often 20 yards short on approach but put away those 20 yards due to clubs I think I wasn't striking well. Gonna rethink getting those 20 yards back. Maybe it is the faster back swing. I'm a very laid back person and so is my swing.

I've just finished the book. I like the practice and game management section. Some solid advice that I've started to use right away. I kind of don't take the time right now to chart my shot zone since I cannot go to my balls at the range and I rarely play alone to shoot 10 balls from the same location, but I know my tendencies and approximate yardage with my club to use it to some extends when planning my shots. I will have to take the time to do this at some point. I've started to use foot spray on my club face and it help a lot when practicing. Also, the advice to aim for the middle of the green on approach shot and even with sand shot (forget the flag, put in on the green!) help. I don't take lessons and that practice section will help a lot to be more efficient with the limited practice I have. So overall a good buy, that I will definitely read multiple times in the future!

Edited by Benit0
  • Thumbs Up 1

Still reading. Just started Shot zone. I'm a lefty, 20 cap , I suppose the oval is opposite for me, and that make s sense for my own play. 

I may find this out as I read more tonight... but...is there any rule of thumb for which side of tee box to use vs hazards? My ball flight is basically a fade.

I generally play the left side of a golf course fairway or left side of a green. 

Should I start taking that gamble and aim a little more right

10 minutes ago, uitar9 said:

I may find this out as I read more tonight... but...is there any rule of thumb for which side of tee box to use vs hazards? My ball flight is basically a fade.

The choice of tee box side doesn't make a big difference, especially at our level.  On the other hand, you should map out for a given starting point where the likely finishing spots of your ball are, and choose that line accordingly.   A fade for you moves right to left:  if it's reliable enough that most of your shots don't curve to the right, then aiming right may make some good sense, so I'm not sure why you're calling it a gamble.  Maybe I misunderstood what you're saying.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• 1 month later...

Just ordered my 4th book! I have bought a couple as gifts and lent out the other a couple of times - can’t find my own copy, so had to order another...to lend out ☺️

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator
3 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

Just ordered my 4th book! I have bought a couple as gifts and lent out the other a couple of times - can’t find my own copy, so had to order another...to lend out ☺️

If I send a hard cover will you keep it?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

14 minutes ago, iacas said:

If I send a hard cover will you keep it?

Absolutely!  Signed? 🙃

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

Absolutely!  Signed? 🙃

Sure.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just read the book last month. Loved it, especially the part on game planning, decision maps, etc. Really useful and easily laid out.

I read somewhere about an LSW app to map shots. Is that still available?  

• Administrator
32 minutes ago, GP67 said:

I read somewhere about an LSW app to map shots. Is that still available?  

No, the company that produced it for us split off from Medicus, etc. It's not longer available.

Very happy you enjoyed the book!

• 1 month later...

Just got my copies in the mail. I know what I am doing tonight, lol.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Re-reading now and made a promise to myself to re-read it again and take it with me to the range, especially the practice putting green. Doesn't help to have a book on the shelf without knowing AND PRACTICING what's in it, said the Zen Master. Too soon old, to late smart. Best, -Marv

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

• 3 months later...

I just ordered my copy and cant wait to read it!

-- Robert

In my bag: :ping:  G400 (10.5 degrees) | :callaway: Diablo Edge 5 Wood |:callaway: X-Hot 3 Hybrid | spacer.png 4 - PW Hybrid D350 Combo | :vokey:SM4 50, SM5 58, SM6 54 & 56 Wedges | :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 | :bushnell: Tour V4 Rangefinder | :bagboy:Defender Cart Bag

If I was thinking about it, I would’ve asked for it for Christmas, since I’ve wanted it for a while. But I got a good amount of money, so I’ll probably put my order in within the next month or so.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

I'd really like to buy this book but the delivery to here in Ireland is almost as much as the book. I really can't justify that much money to get a book delivered as good as I know the book will be