IGNORED

"Lowest Score Wins" by Barzeski and Wedzik

iacas

• Administrator
3 hours ago, RoberX said:

I just ordered my copy and cant wait to read it!

Congrats!

1 hour ago, Nail said:

I'd really like to buy this book but the delivery to here in Ireland is almost as much as the book. I really can't justify that much money to get a book delivered as good as I know the book will be

Reach out to Andrew Norrby in the UK. He has a bunch of copies and can mail it from the UK.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 12/27/2019 at 11:12 PM, iacas said:

Congrats!

Reach out to Andrew Norrby in the UK. He has a bunch of copies and can mail it from the UK.

Thanks for the reply but How do I find him? I’ve never heard of him?

Is it Andrew Norrby from Northern Ireland? An aim point instructor?

Edited by Nail

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Nail said:

Thanks for the reply but How do I find him? I’ve never heard of him?

Is it Andrew Norrby from Northern Ireland? An aim point instructor?

Yes. I saw your PM, and will reach out to Andrew.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 4 weeks later...

Browsing through my Twitter feed, saw this!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
Just now, nevets88 said:

Yeah, we recorded with him last week. Was supposed to be 25 minutes, we went about 40, and it'll be out in a few weeks.

He's very good at what he does.

Awesome news! I have finished the book and can't wait to put what i have learned into practice!

• Like 1

-- Robert

In my bag: :ping:  G400 (10.5 degrees) | :callaway: Diablo Edge 5 Wood |:callaway: X-Hot 3 Hybrid | spacer.png 4 - PW Hybrid D350 Combo | :vokey:SM4 50, SM5 58, SM6 54 & 56 Wedges | :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 | :bushnell: Tour V4 Rangefinder | :bagboy:Defender Cart Bag

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Slim_Pivot said:

Saw you guys will be on “On the Mark”. Nice

Also didn’t know @lowscorewins was a twitter handle 

Yep to both! 🙂

I just purchased and read Lowest Score Wins in part of my attempt to start playing again after a 6 year hiatus due to chronic injury. I also recently went to a comprehensive fitting.  Great book.  As someone who was always very long and straight off the tee, I instinctively knew the Drive for Show, putt for dough was hogwash.  This book proves it. I found the SV aspect very interesting because the 14% figure for putting was exactly what I saw from improvement in 2013-2014 when utilizing a program called shotbyshot.    Lowering my shotbyshot "putting handicap" from an 18 down to a 4 "only" brought my overall Index down from a 2 to zero, despite a massive improvement in putting.    I am going to read the book again, it makes a ton of sense.  My old shafts 7.8 are getting yanked for something more like 6.1 flex and the shaft for most important club in the bag remains unresolved.  What I think is going to most help me to play decently again is to focus on the shots with the highest separation value first.  Tee shot, GIR approach shots, 30-50 yard short shots, long putts to avoid 3 putting, and center of the clubface.  Great book.

• Like 2

Just ordered my copy! Stoked to get it and study up!

Driver - Callaway Epic Flash, 3 Wood - Callaway Mavrik, 4 Hybrid - Callaway Big Bertha,

Irons - 5-AW Mavrik Pro's, Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG 1, Ball - Callaway Chrome Soft

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, Greg 504 said:

Just ordered my copy! Stoked to get it and study up!

I gave you the badge. Thanks!

Let me know what you think when you're done with it.

3 hours ago, iacas said:

I gave you the badge. Thanks!

Let me know what you think when you're done with it.

Thanks for the badge and will do.

Driver - Callaway Epic Flash, 3 Wood - Callaway Mavrik, 4 Hybrid - Callaway Big Bertha,

Irons - 5-AW Mavrik Pro's, Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG 1, Ball - Callaway Chrome Soft

I have skimmed LSW a second time.  A truly great book. 

One thing that has helped me in the past was realizing that wedge shot patterns are very narrow and long ellipsoids as shown on page 155 (mostly due to spin dynamics).  So, great care is needed when the angle is into a green with little depth.  Very risky angle.  Many greens are kidney shaped sort of like the diagram on page 194.  Hitting a wedge from the right side of the fairway gives you a completely different chance at birdie or bogie compared to an approach from the left rough or left fairway edge where one can target 10-20 foot short of the pin with almost no risk.  If it comes out hot, you are stiff.  It comes out normal, you have a nice chance a birdie.  If it comes out heavy, it will land in the middle of the green and probably release still giving a birdie chance.  Those two misses (hot or heavy) from the right side of the fairway or rough are going to make par tough.  I think these ideas are implicit but maybe subtle in the text.  Some courses are so penal off tee that such positioning or the thought of positioning is moot.  This type of positioning is often even more important for the 3rd shot into some pins on par 5 holes where a hole could be located on a small plateau on the back right.  Laying up to 90 yards and it is a very hard shot but laying up on the left to 30-40 yards and it is a low risk pitch to the pin.  I never understood laying up on par 5 holes but now that I am older and not as long, positioning of the little pitch is probably going to go into my game plan.  Did I say?  Great book.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2020 at 2:45 PM, nevets88 said:

On 1/24/2020 at 2:46 PM, iacas said:

Yeah, we recorded with him last week. Was supposed to be 25 minutes, we went about 40, and it'll be out in a few weeks.

He's very good at what he does.

Just listened to this on my drive home last night and finished it this morning on the way in. 

Great job it was cool to hear you guys on a podcast!

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, klineka said:

Just listened to this on my drive home last night and finished it this morning on the way in. 

Great job it was cool to hear you guys on a podcast!

Thanks. I made a separate topic here too:

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished my first time through LSW. @iacas and @david_wedzik very well written and well done! Generally speaking, I despise reading and your book really kept my attention and wanting to continue reading more than I had planned whenever I sat to read a chapter or two. 

I am just about to start my first full season of golf this year, LSW gave me so much information to consider. There is no doubt it will help me shoot lower scores as soon as the season starts and I have already started thinking about the local courses I play differently as it relates to course management. I have never had any instruction on course management and so understanding shot zones and implementing decision maps from my specific zones will be invaluable. Especially as it relates to aim points for GIR and nGIR. 

Also of value for me were the chapters on SV and the corresponding 65/20/15 practice times. I need to really scrutinize my most glaring issues for my practice time. I feel there are so many things for me to continue to work on, but I need to stay focused and disciplined and have realistic expectations with the 65/20/15 rule. 

Thank you both for providing a solid foundation to continue on my golfing journey. I will undoubtedly refer to LSW frequently.

• Thumbs Up 1

Finally got around to ordering a copy of this book today. Can’t wait to have a read when it gets here

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Greg 504 said:

Thank you both for providing a solid foundation to continue on my golfing journey. I will undoubtedly refer to LSW frequently.

Wow, @Greg 504, that was great to read. I shared what you wrote with Dave, and I'm glad we could overcome your distaste for reading! 😄

Seriously, though, thanks. That was very nice.

3 hours ago, Nail said:

Finally got around to ordering a copy of this book today. Can’t wait to have a read when it gets here

Awesome. I'll be sending out a good bit tomorrow.