IGNORED

"Lowest Score Wins" by Barzeski and Wedzik

iacas

@Zeph

Good review, but it's 5 Simple Keys not 5 Swing Keys. Just sayin'.

Ah, thanks. Too late to edit in here, but I fixed it in the review thingy.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I ordered this book yesterday at 6:30pm EDT.  I got a shipping confirmation with USPS tracking info at 9pm EDT.  Yeah late night shipping!

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

I ordered this book yesterday at 6:30pm EDT.  I got a shipping confirmation with USPS tracking info at 9pm EDT.  Yeah late night shipping!

Great, now you can explain to me the sections I don't fully understand. :beer:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

[QUOTE name="Lihu" url="/t/75141/lowest-score-wins-by-barzeski-and-wedzik/90_30#post_1025015"]   Great, now you can explain to me the sections I don't fully understand. :beer: [/QUOTE] Which sections don't you fully understand?  I might be able to help. ;-)

Doubt it.. Remember @Lihu builds robots for a living.... :)

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Which sections don't you fully understand?  I might be able to help.

Sure. Thanks.

I think the main problem is that I don't have enough prior experience to fully understand the depth of the text. The book is very clearly written and I understand what it states. I just can't visualize the scenarios well enough.

If possible it would be nice to get on a course with you and discuss specific topics on a hole by hole basis. This would help make things a little clearer.

EDIT: @14ledo81 thanks for the vote of "intelligence", but there's a big difference between building circuits and programs and building a golf game. I'm positive that with @Golfingdad 's tournament experience, he can teach a lot more than I could learn on my own.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator
@Lihu , bring a list of questions to Erie.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

@Lihu, bring a list of questions to Erie.

I will!. Thanks.

BTW, the book is very clearly written, my issues are with visualization due to lack of enough experience.

Plus, I've only been keeping my handicap on a spreadsheet for a couple months. Everything is really new to me, as the last couple years I was just getting myself ready to even get on the course in a reasonably effective manner.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Sure. Thanks.

I think the main problem is that I don't have enough prior experience to fully understand the depth of the text. The book is very clearly written and I understand what it states. I just can't visualize the scenarios well enough.

If possible it would be nice to get on a course with you and discuss specific topics on a hole by hole basis. This would help make things a little clearer.

Well, I can't answer any of your questions better than Erik will be able to in a few weeks, but it would still be fun to try.  Let's definitely get together for 18 holes one of these days! :beer:

We can meet in the middle somewhere like Coyote Hills, Industry Hills, or Diamond Bar??

Well, I can't answer any of your questions better than Erik will be able to in a few weeks, but it would still be fun to try.  Let's definitely get together for 18 holes one of these days!

We can meet in the middle somewhere like Coyote Hills, Industry Hills, or Diamond Bar??

I'll PM you.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Finally got my copy in the mail!!  I was able to read some last night before I had to put the kid to sleep but I really like it so far and REALLY cannot wait to start implementing it on the course

After reading some of this book, I have a question and I dont know if it deserves its own thread (if so I will gladly create one)

I read the part about the budget of a golfer.  I was thinking about my next purchase being a fitted Edel putter as I am not that fond of my current putter.  Because the driver distance really makes sense and because my Cobra Amp Cell Pro only goes up to 10 degrees, I was thinking maybe the next thing I should do would be to get fitted for my driver.  I always used a 9 degree driver and I went to the practice range today and noticed a huge difference in distance (even though its a range ball and @iacas will probably get on me for hitting shots and not practicing :-$ ) when increasing the degree and moving the ball very forward in my stance in comparison to where I used to put it.

So my question is, would a driver fitting be more helpful than a putter fitting?  Both of these would probably require a new club which I have in the budget right now

I have a question about chapter 7 and wanted to know should I ask it here or on the LSW members area of the site?

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

After reading some of this book, I have a question and I dont know if it deserves its own thread (if so I will gladly create one)

I read the part about the budget of a golfer.  I was thinking about my next purchase being a fitted Edel putter as I am not that fond of my current putter.  Because the driver distance really makes sense and because my Cobra Amp Cell Pro only goes up to 10 degrees, I was thinking maybe the next thing I should do would be to get fitted for my driver.  I always used a 9 degree driver and I went to the practice range today and noticed a huge difference in distance (even though its a range ball and @iacas will probably get on me for hitting shots and not practicing ) when increasing the degree and moving the ball very forward in my stance in comparison to where I used to put it.

So my question is, would a driver fitting be more helpful than a putter fitting?  Both of these would probably require a new club which I have in the budget right now

@iacas may answer, but I would say start with the driver fitting.  Driver distance has large separation value. If you could be 30 yards further down the fairway on 12 of 18 holes, would you score better?  Of course you would. The putter will help, but it has lower separation value.

I have been fitted for my driver, but I was not playing the ball forward in my stance.  Hence my lower ball flight and loss of distance.  This year I am playing the ball off my front toe (Evolvr lessons) and gaining 20 yards more carry.  This really helps on par 5 and long par 4 holes.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

@iacas may answer, but I would say start with the driver fitting.  Driver distance has large separation value. If you could be 30 yards further down the fairway on 12 of 18 holes, would you score better?  Of course you would. The putter will help, but it has lower separation value.   I have been fitted for my driver, but I was not playing the ball forward in my stance.  Hence my lower ball flight and loss of distance.  This year I am playing the ball off my front toe (Evolvr lessons) and gaining 20 yards more carry.  This really helps on par 5 and long par 4 holes.

Couldn't agree more. Go for the driver.

- Shane

• Administrator
Thanks for the replies

Putter, by a nose. I'll explain more later. Might be a few days. In the meantime explain your situation with each in some detail. You're still a 20? You can ask some questions here, yes. Others can take place on the

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Putter, by a nose. I'll explain more later. Might be a few days.

In the meantime explain your situation with each in some detail. You're still a 20?

You can ask some questions here, yes. Others can take place on the

My current handicap is about 18.  I have really started feeling better about striking the ball and read about half of LSW since I got it 2 days ago.  I played this morning and shot 89 which I am not very happy with even though my last scores have been in the 90's.  Everything is making a lot of sense and my driving has increased by about 15 yards on average.  I am teeing it forward and switched my loft to 10.5 and seeing some major increase in distance and much more consistent flight path.  As far as putting goes, I have been also working on putting it slightly forward in my stance which was the biggest help.  I noticed today that my putting was a lot more accurate.

I wanted to say all that first because in the past 10 days or so, I have really seen some improvements on my swing and feel I am turning a corner.  I am going to use todays round for comparisons as its the only one I have played since I started reading.

Driver-I was having issues with the balloon slice and was just trying to learn to play it.  In the past 10 days, I have moved the ball forward and really have been concentrating on a central pivot.  I am missing a little left but it goes straighter.  I am getting a lot more distance than before and it is more accurate but I still only hit 6/14 today and 2 cost me a stroke

Putter-I was disappointed with my putter for the last month but I am seeing improvement with the LSW.  I haven't had as much practice as I probably should have in the last 10 days because of the weather (I am able to hit from mats under a roof when it rains).  I had 36 putts today but I dont know if that is because I was giving myself more chances with 5 GIR and 4 nGIR compared to something like 2-3 GIR and 8-9 nGIR in the previous rounds.

I just don't know which one I will want to do with my next purchase and I know its going to be difficult to know without seeing me play the round