IGNORED

"Lowest Score Wins" by Barzeski and Wedzik

iacas

• Administrator

I'll be ordering my copy this week.

We appreciate it. If you do, your order may ship the same day as that of an LPGA player and two-time Solheim Cup player who just ordered.

Note that this thread is ideally for people who have read the book and want to discuss it a little. An occasional post like the above are fine, of course. And again thanks for ordering.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

Still working my way through the book and taking notes, and learning some interesting and useful drills.

However, the book keeps pointing me back to the website http://lowestscorewins.com for more drills / information.

I'm a registered member, but all I can see on the members' page are 2 articles on Shot Zones and 11 user comments. Everything else is 'coming soon'.

Assuming I've got the right page, when will the additional content be available please?

Thanks

I can't wait for my book to get here. I wish the USPS would update their tracking. It's killing me waiting for it to make its way from Erie to Denver.

I obviously haven't read the book yet, but I've been thinking about my shot patterns for a couple years, and I have wanted to put together an app to visualize them and allow me to plan course strategy.  Well you guys and Mark Broadie have gotten me fired up to work on it again.

Here's a mocked up version of a hole I play often, along with the corresponding shot pattern of the what I hit off the tee (hybrid).  It's a heat map of 19 shots, some of which were taken by gps on different holes and courses (2 from this hole), and the rest from a simulator.  The yellow line is my aim line and the end point is what I where I would have thought I would have hit it (this is just a quick static prototyping to see if I could create the shot patterns, so the overlay and aim lines aren't perfect, just mocked up).

Clearly, 1) I don't hit it as far as I thought, 2)  this is the wrong club and/or the wrong line, and 3) yes, I have a beautiful two way miss right now, lol.

I have lots of ideas of where to go from here, but after reading this whole thread, I thought I'd share it and get your thoughts and ideas.

Waiting impatiently for the book,

CB

• Administrator

Assuming I've got the right page, when will the additional content be available please?

You have the right page. We've been swamped lately and haven't had a chance to film any of the additional videos and content. What would you like to see first? There are a few places we mention additional content - drills, games, etc. - but to help us prioritize, what do you want to see first?

The site may be taken over by the publisher soon, too, and I don't know what their plans will be, though we should still be able to edit the site.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

You have the right page. We've been swamped lately and haven't had a chance to film any of the additional videos and content. What would you like to see first? There are a few places we mention additional content - drills, games, etc. - but to help us prioritize, what do you want to see first?

The site may be taken over by the publisher soon, too, and I don't know what their plans will be, though we should still be able to edit the site.

Thanks for the reply.

I would like to see more drills first -- no problems with the ones in the book, but it would be good to have a few more to choose from at some point.

Eventually, it would be useful to have a video(s) linked to every relevant part of the book. For example: you read the section on Key #1, you go to the relevant web page and there's a video drill or two and perhaps a link to a relevant thread on this forum.

I appreciate there are other parts on this site and the web where this information is available, but it's easy to get lost because you're looking in many different areas, and sometimes it's buried in 30-page long threads.

I think it would be valuable to have your explicit links: then reading the book (and the upcoming video) becomes the focus with further learning guided through the web site.

Of course, I realise that this isn't going to happen overnight!

Beyond the drills, I think it might be useful to have a couple of videos on dynamic game management. Perhaps take us down a hole or two, overlay the different shot zone and discus club selection as you go along.

Mvmac's post of his latest round on Game Golf (the way in which each shot is displayed on the hole by hole graphics) was really useful -- if you could overlay shot zones on something like that display, it could be a powerful visual supplement to the book.

Thanks again

That would be great-If they have unlimited free time. You might be asking for a bit much.-You want everything in a video, and not only that-You want new videos for new drills. All as free updates since you already chose to pay the price you paid for the book itself. Gift horse in the mouth is how I see it.-Anything they add free at this point in time -Hi Shorty- is time and money out of their pockets.-Im sure they will do some but its all bonus and lets not get greedy.[quote name="brookter" url="/t/75141/lowest-score-wins-by-barzeski-and-wedzik/126#post_1044339"] Eventually, it would be useful to have a video(s) linked to every relevant part of the book. For example: you read the section on Key #1, you go to the relevant web page and there's a video drill or two and perhaps a link to a relevant thread on this forum. ......... Of course, I realise that this isn't going to happen overnight! [/quote]

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iacas

Thanks for the reply.

I would like to see more drills first -- no problems with the ones in the book, but it would be good to have a few more to choose from at some point.

Eventually, it would be useful to have a video(s) linked to every relevant part of the book. For example: you read the section on Key #1, you go to the relevant web page and there's a video drill or two and perhaps a link to a relevant thread on this forum.

I appreciate there are other parts on this site and the web where this information is available, but it's easy to get lost because you're looking in many different areas, and sometimes it's buried in 30-page long threads.

I think it would be valuable to have your explicit links: then reading the book (and the upcoming video) becomes the focus with further learning guided through the web site.

Of course, I realise that this isn't going to happen overnight!

Beyond the drills, I think it might be useful to have a couple of videos on dynamic game management. Perhaps take us down a hole or two, overlay the different shot zone and discus club selection as you go along.

Mvmac's post of his latest round on Game Golf (the way in which each shot is displayed on the hole by hole graphics) was really useful -- if you could overlay shot zones on something like that display, it could be a powerful visual supplement to the book.

Thanks again

There are a lot of drills in the Swing Thoughts section of the forum and in the Instructions and Tips section.  Here are a few.

Instructional Thread Links:
  • Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Well, I wouldn't put it quite that way, because we will do some videos when we get the chance.

But prioritizing them is important. Demonstrating some of the games is a good thing if that's where you'd like us to start.

Lowest Score Wins is not a book about technique, though, so you'll get far more drills and videos at http://purestrike5sk.com/videos.php or on the threads here. Any treatment we give them would be far shallower on the LSW site. So the routine "drills" videos probably fall to last which, just being honest, probably means we won't ever really get to them.

If you have the book and want to see something first, though, send me a PM. We'll do our best.

That would be great-If they have unlimited free time.

You might be asking for a bit much.-You want everything in a video, and not only that-You want new videos for new drills. All as free updates since you already chose to pay the price you paid for the book itself.

Gift horse in the mouth is how I see it.-Anything they add free at this point in time -Hi Shorty- is time and money out of their pockets.-Im sure they will do some but its all bonus and lets not get greedy.

Not at all, Phil and I certainly don't mean it to be taken as an unlimited demand.

The book does mention several times that there is additional material available on the website. I'm just curious what it is and Erik has asked what I'd like to see first. I don't see much or any of the material as needing to be new: in most cases the link would simply be to an existing video which is probably already on this site somewhere, but perhaps not always easy to find.

E.g. on the section of Pitching, the website would point to the thread 'Quickie pitching video' and a couple of useful videos from that thread. That's it.

Yes of course there'll be some work involved, but I don't think it's anything more than what is promised in the book or in Erik's post above.

The idea in the last part of my post (videos of the decision making process) is as much an idea for the DVDs -- it's probably already been thought of.

The book represents an attempt (a very good attempt) to set down a whole body of knowledge and work in a logical and accessible way: I think the website can (and is intend intended to) supplement that nicely.

Lowest Score Wins is not a book about technique, though, so you'll get far more drills and videos at http://purestrike5sk.com/videos.php or on the threads here. Any treatment we give them would be far shallower on the LSW site. So the routine "drills" videos probably fall to last which, just being honest, probably means we won't ever really get to them.

If you have the book and want to see something first, though, send me a PM. We'll do our best.

I appreciate it's not a book explicitly about technique, but it does do a good job of summarising the basics. The trouble with the 5SK videos site is that there are a number of videos and there isn't a narrative explaining how they fit together.  The book does that, so if you chose say the two videos which you consider best to reflect each of the 5 keys and linked to them, I think that would be enough.  I'm not sure you'd need to create new ones.

Similarly for the drills -- I suspect you've already published good videos for additional drills somewhere on this site, so for me something like the following would suffice:

"As variety from the Powder the Face driving drill, you might also like to try:

"

I think much of the value will come from you having selected the links explicitly to mesh with the text, rather than in new material. Hope that makes sense.

• Administrator
Similarly for the drills -- I suspect you've already published good videos for additional drills somewhere on this site, so for me something like the following would suffice:

"As variety from the Powder the Face driving drill, you might also like to try:

"

We're unlikely to link to external sites/videos/etc. There are not only technical reasons (URLs, though they shouldn't, change, and content can change too), but political/business reasons too (Mike and I own TST, LSW is owned by Dave and I, but published soon by someone else, etc.).

Again, if you have suggestions on what you'd like to see first, please send me a PM.

Just ordered the book, de costs of delivery were nearly the same as the book itself. It better be a good book

Well you are international :whistle:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I've never been more like my dog than today....  USPS tracking says it's at the local post office and will likely be delivered today.  My dog and I are jockeying for position in the window waiting for the postman to enter the yard, LOL.

So yesterday I had a light bulb moment on the course because of this book. I was playing with a few buddies on an unfamiliar course and came to a 370 par 4 dogleg left. There are trees and fescue left and bunkers at the end of the dogleg and a few down the right. So my buddy tells me the bunkers aren't in play. I grab my range finder and shot the bunkers the ones in front were 270 and they angled to the right corner of the fairway down to about 220. I took my shot zone with my current shot shape (fade) and told my buddy I'm hitting my 4w. He told me I won't hit the bunkers with my driver. So I hit my 4w to the right center of the fairway about 15 yards short of the bunker. I would have tried to hit the driver all last year and earlier this year until I read the book. My driver would have been in the middle of the bunkers at about 240. So thanks guys you saved me a shot just on that one hole yesterday.

I really like that you are asking what we would like to see on the website Iacas. I for one would like to see your driving range routine on how you would do shotzones and stuff that would be very helpful. Also, for pitching what I've noticed in reading it is that you really have to see it broken down to see the pitch shot you guys are talking about. There are two videos on here that I think are the only two one would need. The first is you doing your different heights on your pitches. The second and probably most important is the one Dave Wedzik does where he is doing a seminar on the pitch shot and he shows the people what the right arm should do in pulling the club back and then what the left arm looks like after follow through. I was having problems with my pitches until I saw that video and understood that I wasn't getting my arms in the right spots. I honestly think those two things would lower the scores of everyone because I've done the shot zones and i still don't think I'm doing them right, but If saw what you would do to get your shot zones just by going to the driving range and using a laser range finder it would really help! That said....I seriously do NOT pick up any other books related to golf anymore! This is it! It literally is the moneyball version of golf! The only thing that sucks about that is that I need books to read! lol...... The golf ones were taking up much of my time..... Jakester! I know what you mean! So my home course number 18. I always used to hit driver. The problem was that there was a pond down the right side of the fairway. That pond actually cuts into the fairway at about 280 yards out. Seriously 40 percent of the time at least I would get on the tee expecting to hit a draw or straight shot only to hit a push or fade that would land 270 and bounce in the water! I used those numbers to put together a shot zone of my driver on just that hole and determined I needed to just hit 3wood. My scoring average on that hole went from a 5.6 to just under 5! It's incredible!