iacas

"Lowest Score Wins" by Barzeski and Wedzik

761 posts / 135405 viewsLast Reply

I really wasn’t sure what my expectations of LSW were. I had heard a decent bit about it, but it almost always seemed to be about shot zones and separation value (incredibly useful things in their own right). However, this book is just chock-full of incredibly useful information not only on how to be a better golfer during my next round but also how to go about building a comprehensive practice plan as well as much more technical wisdom than I had thought.

Incredibly good read. My only lamentation is not grabbing it earlier.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

23 hours ago, Grizvok said:

Incredibly good read. My only lamentation is not grabbing it earlier.

Don't forget to claim the achievement for it :-) 

Ooh I didn't realise one could get a badge! Own it, have read it several times.  Have it to hand most of the time. I also own the Pure Strile 5SK book.  Please may I have stickers? 🙂

12 hours ago, Dornenglanz said:

Ooh I didn't realise one could get a badge! Own it, have read it several times.  Have it to hand most of the time. I also own the Pure Strile 5SK book.  Please may I have stickers? 🙂

FWIW the 5SK book was based on our stuff, but was not "ours." Long story there, but we don't support or endorse it.

You should claim your awards here:

I gave you the LSW badge.

44 minutes ago, iacas said:

FWIW the 5SK book was based on our stuff, but was not "ours." Long story there, but we don't support or endorse it.

Oh really?  What would you recommend for actual technique work - in terms of understanding what to do (in simple terms).  I love the LSW book, and in places it recommends the 5SK website, which doesn't have much (or any) additional content or drills.  I have the S&T DVDs and subscribe to the academy so have the latest iteration of that material, which seems to be a fair implementation of the 5 keys.  I'm keen not to over-think or over-study, though.

1 hour ago, Dornenglanz said:

Oh really?  What would you recommend for actual technique work - in terms of understanding what to do (in simple terms).

The "TST Instructional Content" is a good place to start.

1 hour ago, Dornenglanz said:

I have the S&T DVDs and subscribe to the academy so have the latest iteration of that material, which seems to be a fair implementation of the 5 keys.  I'm keen not to over-think or over-study, though.

Done properly, S&T is a fair implementation, yeah. But many people don't implement it very well, including many S&T instructors. It gets perverted into a "weight forward throughout the whole downswing" type of method.

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

Thank you.  Where is the best place for me to record/journal my thoughts / lessons / experiences / observations etc?  I've been adding to the "what did you shoot" thread, but it's not so easy for me to go back and see my records without scrolling a long way.  I don't (yet) have a swing video (but perhaps I could make one).  I guess I'm wondering if there's a kind of "member blog" area?  Would that be "members swings"?

37 minutes ago, Dornenglanz said:

Thank you.  Where is the best place for me to record/journal my thoughts / lessons / experiences / observations etc?  I've been adding to the "what did you shoot" thread, but it's not so easy for me to go back and see my records without scrolling a long way.  I don't (yet) have a swing video (but perhaps I could make one).  I guess I'm wondering if there's a kind of "member blog" area?  Would that be "members swings"?

Member Swings, yeah.

On 8/10/2020 at 10:14 PM, iacas said:

What is this? I can’t seem to find it

Just received the book today. I'm only through the first few chapters, and I already want to go back and re-write almost every post I've ever written on this site about my own game.  Can't wait to find out everything else I'm going to learn.

1 hour ago, bweiss711 said:

Just received the book today. I'm only through the first few chapters, and I already want to go back and re-write almost every post I've ever written on this site about my own game.  Can't wait to find out everything else I'm going to learn.

This is not a spoiler, I promise.  There's at least one portion in the book where the authors reference something I said.  Spoiler, it was not a particularly insightful thing I said, but reading about it was. :-) However, I know I'm not the only person to have said that silly thing, and even if I were, I wouldn't have taken it personally. 

@iacas I tried to send people your way (referenced LSW) from Twitter, when this posted - and a bunch of "Drive for Show, Putt for Dough" comments about folks picking no 3 putts over 300 yard drives

11 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

@iacas I tried to send people your way (referenced LSW) from Twitter, when this posted - and a bunch of "Drive for Show, Putt for Dough" comments about folks picking no 3 putts over 300 yard drives

Thank you. Yes, 300 yards every time.