Jump to content
iacas

"Lowest Score Wins" by Barzeski and Wedzik

761 posts / 135397 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

I really wasn’t sure what my expectations of LSW were. I had heard a decent bit about it, but it almost always seemed to be about shot zones and separation value (incredibly useful things in their own right). However, this book is just chock-full of incredibly useful information not only on how to be a better golfer during my next round but also how to go about building a comprehensive practice plan as well as much more technical wisdom than I had thought.

Incredibly good read. My only lamentation is not grabbing it earlier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

23 hours ago, Grizvok said:

Incredibly good read. My only lamentation is not grabbing it earlier.

Don't forget to claim the achievement for it :-) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ooh I didn't realise one could get a badge! Own it, have read it several times.  Have it to hand most of the time. I also own the Pure Strile 5SK book.  Please may I have stickers? 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 hours ago, Dornenglanz said:

Ooh I didn't realise one could get a badge! Own it, have read it several times.  Have it to hand most of the time. I also own the Pure Strile 5SK book.  Please may I have stickers? 🙂

FWIW the 5SK book was based on our stuff, but was not "ours." Long story there, but we don't support or endorse it.

You should claim your awards here:

I gave you the LSW badge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

44 minutes ago, iacas said:

FWIW the 5SK book was based on our stuff, but was not "ours." Long story there, but we don't support or endorse it.

Oh really?  What would you recommend for actual technique work - in terms of understanding what to do (in simple terms).  I love the LSW book, and in places it recommends the 5SK website, which doesn't have much (or any) additional content or drills.  I have the S&T DVDs and subscribe to the academy so have the latest iteration of that material, which seems to be a fair implementation of the 5 keys.  I'm keen not to over-think or over-study, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Dornenglanz said:

Oh really?  What would you recommend for actual technique work - in terms of understanding what to do (in simple terms).

The "TST Instructional Content" is a good place to start.

1 hour ago, Dornenglanz said:

I have the S&T DVDs and subscribe to the academy so have the latest iteration of that material, which seems to be a fair implementation of the 5 keys.  I'm keen not to over-think or over-study, though.

Done properly, S&T is a fair implementation, yeah. But many people don't implement it very well, including many S&T instructors. It gets perverted into a "weight forward throughout the whole downswing" type of method.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

The "TST Instructional Content" is a good place to start.

Thank you.  Where is the best place for me to record/journal my thoughts / lessons / experiences / observations etc?  I've been adding to the "what did you shoot" thread, but it's not so easy for me to go back and see my records without scrolling a long way.  I don't (yet) have a swing video (but perhaps I could make one).  I guess I'm wondering if there's a kind of "member blog" area?  Would that be "members swings"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

37 minutes ago, Dornenglanz said:

Thank you.  Where is the best place for me to record/journal my thoughts / lessons / experiences / observations etc?  I've been adding to the "what did you shoot" thread, but it's not so easy for me to go back and see my records without scrolling a long way.  I don't (yet) have a swing video (but perhaps I could make one).  I guess I'm wondering if there's a kind of "member blog" area?  Would that be "members swings"?

Member Swings, yeah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 8/10/2020 at 10:14 PM, iacas said:

The "TST Instructional Content" is a good place to start.

What is this? I can’t seem to find it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just received the book today. I'm only through the first few chapters, and I already want to go back and re-write almost every post I've ever written on this site about my own game.  Can't wait to find out everything else I'm going to learn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, bweiss711 said:

Just received the book today. I'm only through the first few chapters, and I already want to go back and re-write almost every post I've ever written on this site about my own game.  Can't wait to find out everything else I'm going to learn.

This is not a spoiler, I promise.  There's at least one portion in the book where the authors reference something I said.  Spoiler, it was not a particularly insightful thing I said, but reading about it was. :-) However, I know I'm not the only person to have said that silly thing, and even if I were, I wouldn't have taken it personally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@iacas I tried to send people your way (referenced LSW) from Twitter, when this posted - and a bunch of "Drive for Show, Putt for Dough" comments about folks picking no 3 putts over 300 yard drives

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

@iacas I tried to send people your way (referenced LSW) from Twitter, when this posted - and a bunch of "Drive for Show, Putt for Dough" comments about folks picking no 3 putts over 300 yard drives

Thank you. Yes, 300 yards every time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • TST Affiliates

    SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
  • Posts

    • Go back and look at Golf Digests Hot List from 5-7 years ago online and find the game improvement category. The Hot List is a bit of a joke I realize but you will see the offerings from all the big companies for that year. Then just go on Ebay and see what you can find putting in whichever club looks good. Ping, Callaway, Taylormade, Cobra, Cleveland, all good options.
    • Few different things to look at here. First as already mentioned 6.5K spin is really high and no shaft is going to bring that down by itself. I would like to see that number under 3000. I would suggest taking a look at where you are making contact on the face of the club as that can greatly influence the spin numbers. Also just fyi, that head is going to produce more spin than something from the last 4 or 5 years. I would almost be tempted to say find a new driver and just go with the shaft that comes with it. What loft is on the current driver as that will also play a big role in spin and launch? Also did not see any mention of ball flight height. Assuming its really high, but wanted to check if it starts high or rises up after launch. If you want comp shaft recommendations to the Slay, which is technically mid price range by todays pricing, there are tons out there. VA actually calls this shaft a high launch, low spin design. Now technically that isn't really possible as launch and spin go together ie high/high or low/low. It really looks more like a mid launch and spin design to me. Similar options to look at could be Aldila Tour Blue 55g (Ebay around $60), any Mitsubishi Blue board style (will say blue in name or have blue color on it) again in 55g (Ebay around $80-$200 depending on model) would be too options. What else did you hit during the fitting, as that could help narrow down options.  Last thing, I might watch this video below I did concerning finding the ideal set up for your driver. Again the swing is going to be the biggest influence but impact position on the face will also play a large role.  
    • I golfed today. I golfed with some of my regular golf buddies. I almost backed out, but am happy I did not. Was feeling kind of down after last weekend when I SUCKED. Today was a much better experience. I did win the front nine, but am not sure yet on the back nine. After I totaled up my score I am happy. My friend Larry asked me 'Where were you last week?". I answered, "I have no idea". Golf... stupid game  
    • Sometimes I hit a few and putt a few. Sometimes I'll swing a couple clubs to loosen up.
    • I don’t have a warm up routine. I don’t usually hit balls at the range before a round, maybe putt a few minutes but that’s it. I do swing my driver maybe 5 times and crack all my knuckles at the first tee before starting my round. 
  • TST Blog Entries

  • Blog Entries

  • Today's Birthdays

    1. bandstan
      bandstan
      (50 years old)
    2. boobiemiles
      boobiemiles
      (29 years old)
    3. ButterCuts1372
      ButterCuts1372
      (35 years old)
    4. Dombaker
      Dombaker
      (24 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...