IGNORED

why do I hit my driver better than 3wood

Note: This thread is 3564 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Are the 3 & 5 wood shafts the same as your driver? Same heads? Swing weights? Same flex? Were you fitted to all these clubs? I sometimes have a problem with my 5 wood. I tend to top the ball with it. All my metal woods are low profile, same brand heads, and  shafts, and are all fitted to my swing. Still my 5 wood is usually my first club to go south for me when a problem comes up. I know it's not the club, but my own swing issue that is causing the problem. For some reason I tend to raise up during my down swing, either by straightening my knees a little, or maybe raising my chest up a little. Next problem to solve is why I am  I straightening up? Best I can figure out is that in my mind, my 5w is my 200+ yard club, but to get that 200+ yards I have to swing it a little faster, than I normally do with my other metal woods. By swinging faster than I normally do, I tend to straighten up a little on my down swing. If I make an effort to swing my 5w a little easier, I hit consistently better shots with it, in the 180-190 yard range. This is a one of my club/yardage issues I am working on right now. The fix appears to be just choking down on my 3w to cover that 200+ yard range.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3564 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!