IGNORED

I'm going to Ireland!!

Note: This thread is 3201 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You'll have a brilliant time, I know I loved it when I was there.  One thing I remember, we had rainy and VERY windy weather, so I had a bowl of seafood chowder at every golf clubhouse after the round, along with the obligatory pint (or three) of the black stuff.  The absolute best chowder was served in the Ballybunion clubhouse.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You'll have a brilliant time, I know I loved it when I was there.  One thing I remember, we had rainy and VERY windy weather, so I had a bowl of seafood chowder at every golf clubhouse after the round, along with the obligatory pint (or three) of the black stuff.  The absolute best chowder was served in the Ballybunion clubhouse.

Thanks for the heads up on the chowder :-).

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Thanks buddy, I'm really looking forward to it. First time in Ireland First time playing an ocean course First time using a caddie I am a bit nervous about who I'll be paired with though, I'd hate to get paired up with 3 low HC's and end up holding them up lol

Thanks buddy, I'm really looking forward to it.

First time in Ireland

First time playing an ocean course

First time using a caddie

I am a bit nervous about who I'll be paired with though, I'd hate to get paired up with 3 low HC's and end up holding them up lol

Unlikely to happen.

I played with a guy from Nebraska(a neighboring state so we talked alot) who was about a 16 handicap and also with a husband/wife who were 20/30+ handicaps from Belgium.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Well the day is finally here, we leave today! I can't believe I started this thread almost a year ago and it's finally time to go. I'll be playing Ballybunion on Monday and it looks like I'll get a second round in with a friend in Glenealey. Plenty of pics to follow :-D

Tremendous. Enjoy!

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Well the day is finally here, we leave today! I can't believe I started this thread almost a year ago and it's finally time to go. I'll be playing Ballybunion on Monday and it looks like I'll get a second round in with a friend in Glenealey. Plenty of pics to follow

Can't wait to see the pics, hope you get great weather!

- Joel

Played Ballybunion on Monday and all I can say is WOW, what an absolutely stunning golf course. We had beautiful weather too, blue skies, not too chilly and the wind laid down for most of the round but when it did kick up, it became a whole other course lol. I didn't shoot very well but that's okay because I didn't keep score but I did manage a few pars, including one on the par three 8th :-). My only complaint was my caddie. He was okay to start but as the round went on, you could tell that he was getting frustrated with two of my playing partners and probably myself as well. I played with a dad and his two grown sons, the dad was the only other one with a caddie. Dad and the younger sons were ok golfers and the other guy was a scratch player. What bothered me the most was that as the round went on my caddie seemed more interested in talking with and helping the scratch golfer than spending time with me (not the golfers fault he was a very nice guy). Oh well, I did not let it ruin my round. It was a gorgeous day, with some good company, on an excellent golf course. I hope all my photos came out well and I'll post pics when I get back.

Congratulations, I'm glad you enjoyed Ballybunion, I'll be interested to see your pictures.  I have just two questions.  Did you miss the graveyard?  And how was the chowder?

Dave

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 

For the life of me I can't even remember hitting my first tee shot at Ballybunion, I don't even remember seeing the graveyard. It's strange......

- Joel

For the life of me I can't even remember hitting my first tee shot at Ballybunion, I don't even remember seeing the graveyard. It's strange......

Obviously you missed it!  I'm pretty sure I'd remember hitting my second from between the headstones.

Dave

Well unfortunately there will be no pics :-(. My wife left the camera in the rental car and of course, Hertz claims they never found it. Oh well, it's still the best golfing experience of my life.......... So far. :-D

Well unfortunately there will be no pics . My wife left the camera in the rental car and of course, Hertz claims they never found it. Oh well, it's still the best golfing experience of my life.......... So far.

Which travel bag are you using for the clubs ?

In the Bag:

D     Cobra Amp Cell Pro 

W    Ping G25

H    Titlelist 910 H

I     Titleist AP2 710

W   Vokey TVD K 60 - TVD K 54 - SM5 50

P    Ping TR Cadence Heavy

================================

"Rumores fuge, ne incipias novus auctor haberi: nam nulli tacuisse nocet, nocet esse locutum"

Which travel bag are you using for the clubs ?

Since it wasn't a golf trip and I only got to play once, I just rented clubs at Ballybunion.

My wife and I both use ClubGlove travel bags.  I have the BurstProof, which is just fine for my Sun Mountain three5.  My wife has a little larger Ping bag, so she uses the Last Bag.  So far, so good, no problems at all with either of them

Dave

Note: This thread is 3201 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!