mvmac

How to Grip a Golf Club, Commonalities of a Functional Golf Grip

241 posts / 101556 viewsLast Reply

2 minutes ago, lastings said:

As I look, I did not make these private.   Appears Vimeo made a bunch of changes, and is trying to get people to have pay memberships.   I just need to go in and individually make each video public.   

I'll try to get something new up sometime soon.  

Thank you.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

20 hours ago, iacas said:

Film a video of yourself doing this. What kind of grip do you use? Why does the right hand have to be determined by the left hand? I can grip the left hand the same and make the right strong, weak, neutral, and every step in between.

I suppose the best way to describe it is it feels very uncomfortable to have my palm so much on top of my left thumb. I’ve only discovered this problem so it is probably a case of sucking it up until I get used to it. 

6 minutes ago, surfmonkey89 said:

So it looks like I'm having the standard problem, right?

Yes.

On 6/25/2014 at 3:35 PM, mvmac said:

Golfers will also have a pattern of the location of the wear spot on their glove, under the heel pad, into the palm like the example below. The thumb can also get "shredded" pretty quickly due to the lack of stability in the hand.

2cbd17b2_images.jpeg

I just took a golf glove out of my bag;  I plan to keep it in my practice room, but I have a new one I will be using on course.  I thought about this thread and would like to see if my wear pattern looks right.  I am including the original posted glove for reference.  Can someone who knows what they're doing better than I do take a look and give an opinion on this for me?  Thanks in advance. 

glove_2019_06_11.thumb.jpg.7de21969740f4d35de9ee04f6129763a.jpg

Question on where to feel the most pressure in the hands.

For me, the bottom three fingers of my left hand  (I am a right handed golfer) apply the most pressure to the club (support the club the most). By the calluses I get, my middle finger takes the most wear and tear. Maybe I should feel a bit more pressure in the pinky and ring finger to even it out?

I'm leaving this tab open so I can reply the next time I grab a club and remember this question. 🙂