IGNORED

My Swing (boogielicious)

boogielicious

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

Nice transition Scott, club is laying off at 4 nicely.

Thanks. I want to set up mirror vision and see how it works.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Net practice today working on my priority piece. Face on with 7 iron and driver.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 3 weeks later...

January 24

Working with the new Mirror Vision app in my gym. I’m hitting foam balls. Here I am working on my head at set up with the feel of my right shoulder being lower to get my head back a bit. Also, I’m working with the pitch elbow feel with the left shoulder going back and up through impact. These are what feels like 1/4 and 1/2 effort swings. The lighting is not that good in here and it’s hard to do slow motion due to the fluorescent lights.

• Like 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

A couple more swings from today. Same priorities with a bit of float load feel at the top. Driver and 6 iron at about 3/4 effort.

Scott

My Swing Thread

More indoor work avoiding the Polar Vortex. Below I am focusing on my head position at setup including aligning my neck with my shoulder tilt. My head was too far forward before. The line on the hat helps me align my eyes.

I am also working on the pitch elbow feel and rotating my left shoulder more back and around through impact. This is all from latest my Evolvr lesson.

The Mirror app works great for this.

Here is the DTL view. There is less early extension this time, which I think is due to rotating the left shoulder back more.

Scott

My Swing Thread

A couple of indoor driver swings focusing on the same items as yesterday. The foam balls launch a bit high. I barely made it into the net!😜

I still need to extend more through impact to A8 and 9.

Scott

My Swing Thread

February 4. 62F! 

Working on the same items, head position at set up, lower hands at A4 and extending through impact. 

Driver FO. I still need to keep my shoulders and hips rotating after impact. They still stall a bit. Same with the 7 iron. I’m playing the ball a bit more forward in the 7 iron video. Bit of a close call with the bouncing ball with the driver!😜

DTL positions look pretty good.

• Upvote 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

Off topic question here but what kind of net is that? I have never thought on doing this but it's a great idea. I could just roll it up and drop it whenever I needed it. Much simpler than putting my collapsible net up and down.

• Upvote 1

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

4 hours ago, TN94z said:

Off topic question here but what kind of net is that? I have never thought on doing this but it's a great idea. I could just roll it up and drop it whenever I needed it. Much simpler than putting my collapsible net up and down.

I got a 10x 8 net from these guys. It was the square pattern with border. It has held up well. The yellow rope holds the base off the ground which help keep the balls from ricocheting all over the place. I put a pice of foam down to keep the balls from bouncing too. 

If I had a good place to set up, I would have done it permanently. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

My latest priority piece is to try and get to the position on the left below at A8-9, hips pointing toward target. On right right, my hips have slowed down after impact, so the club has overtaken my hands.  

I worked hard on the previous priorities and they are in good shape. 

2969E5E4-B3A0-43FA-83A3-81802F0B2A65.png

Below are two indoor swings. The first is a mapping drill with a finish at A9. The second is a 3/4 speed swing finishing at a little past A9. There is a little progress, but I think it will be working on this one for a while. When I speed up, I tend to revert back  

Scott

My Swing Thread

Feb 16

Worked on the new priority piece, hips to target at A8 and 9. Only spent 20 minutes on this as my back was a bit tight. Making some progress. This is a 3/4 effort feel with a finish at A9

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Working on the hips to target A8-9 feel. I’m doing this drill to feel the hips continue to rotate through impact. I’m making some progress, but this will take a while to get at full speed. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

March 2

Working on my priority piece indoors, hips more to target at A8-9. Below is my reference. Not sure who the guy is BTW, but he is cold. Must be a southerner.😀

A9 Position Reference.png

Yesterday working on partial mapping swings to get the position. Basically map down to A6, then pump through to A9. I've been doing this drill to get the feel of the hips.

At full speed, I seem to be doing something a bit different. My hips are sliding more, but they aren't rotating as much.

I can see below that my hips have rotated more in the partial swing, but slide more forward in the full swing.

March 1 6iron swing comp.jpg

Now compare that to my Feb 16 swing posted earlier, there is a bit of a regression. The outdoor swing was ~70% effort vs. 90ish for the one above. So I am doing something different at full speed. It may be the indoor mat with foam balls v. the outdoor mat. But clearly, as I move to full speed, I am doing something slightly different. Also, I can't see my bald spot in the outdoor swing, which makes me happy.😜

A9 Full Swings 3-1 v 2-16.jpg

I will be discussing with my Evolvr instructor.

Scott

My Swing Thread

March 3

Today I spent a long session working on various things from chipping and pitching to priority piece work. Below are videos of full swings. Getting closer.

7 iron with the feel of hips to target at A8

DTL positions look pretty good. A little steep at A5.

For driver, my left arm is a bit bent at impact.

DTL positions looks pretty good though. Same steepness at A5.

It is going to snow tonight and be cold for a few days, so back indoors!

Scott

My Swing Thread

Yesterdays work. Still focused on hips to target at A8-9. Went through a range of work starting with partial wedges, then 7 iron, 3W and finally driver. Finished with pitching and chipping.

I re-read the thread on Flighting Wedges because my wedges were launching really high at the range. I widened me stance a bit and played the ball back about one ball width extra from my left heel. I worked on this for a while with 1/2 and 3/4 PW and GW. Below is the 3/4 PW.

I then progressed to the 7 iron. I am finding a slight difference between a full swing and ~70% swing in terms of positions and feel. I worked on it trying to get the full closer to the 70%. Looks like in the full swing I am shifting a bit toward target instead of staying centered. My head has moved forward a bit at A6. I noticed that with the driver too. I will keep working on that.

The hips toward target is progressing, which is good, but I need to keep working on that too.

7 iron Comp 3-9 70vFull A4.jpg

7 iron Comp 3-9 70vFull A6.jpg

7 iron Comp 3-9 70vFull A7.jpg

7 iron Comp 3-9 70vFull A9.jpg

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

At some point here Scott you're gonna want to let your neck rotate through. It's holding up your torso a bit.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

6 hours ago, iacas said:

At some point here Scott you're gonna want to let your neck rotate through. It's holding up your torso a bit.

From A7 on? I hadn't noticed that. Could it be from hitting into a net and not needing to see where the ball went?

Scott

My Swing Thread