IGNORED

My Swing (boogielicious)

boogielicious

I went back and looked at my driver from last year to compare. Yesterday is on the left, last June on the right

A1 - Head is set up further back per my Evolvr Instructor's recommendation. Weight is more even on my feet. 

Scott_Comp_Driver_Mar_19vJune18_A1.jpg

A4 - Yesterday, hands are higher, left knee is coming in a bit and left heel has come off the ground. This give me a bit more hip and shoulder turn.

Scott_Comp_Driver_Mar_19vJune18_A4.jpg

A6 - Hands are lower (in my thigh) on the left (one of my PP). My head came a bit forward too, which is part of what I am trying to correct I think.

Scott_Comp_Driver_Mar_19vJune18_A6.jpg

A7 - Head is back to start point on the left. On the right, it has moved back.

Scott_Comp_Driver_Mar_19vJune18_A7.jpg

A9 - My hips are more toward target (a bit) on the left. This is also part of what I am working on.

Scott_Comp_Driver_Mar_19vJune18_A9.jpg

Still a ways to go though.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 hours ago, SemperFi said:

Can I ask what you use to film?  And if its an iphone what setting?  Thanks.

I use my iPhone 8s and also use the Mirror Vision app with my iPad. So I set up my phone on a tripod and have the iPad down in front of me. I use it as a mirror for a few swings, then record by pushing record on the iPad. You can select Video or Slow Motion mode. The video records on the iPhone. I film in slow motion and only have the swing in slow, with the rest in full speed.

• Like 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Played 18 yesterday and the swing work is starting to pay off. I just need to trust it. My swing path is in to out and I’ve had hook issues. So I set up with an open face and slightly open stance and do a push draw (thanks to Erik on that part) When I trust it, good things happen.

Tee shots: 11/18 were good with 4/8 driver hit well and the misses were playable except one. All four par 3 tee shot with irons were GIR or nGIR. The other holes required irons or woods off the tee 3/6 being good and the others playable. Fairways hit: 7/14.

Approach shots: it was a bit windy and this course can hide wind. For the most part, the approach shots were well struck. I had a bad patch of three holes. GIR, 6/18, nGIR 8/18.

Short game was pretty good. With long chips being very good (20-25 yards) Sand not so good, PIPs (putting with a chipping motion) really good and putting very good.

4 pars, one birdie, 10 bogies and three stinkers. 

Need to continue to work on my priority piece and learn to trust it at the course. Need to film sand shots and send in to Evolvr. Keep working on my set up at address.

• Like 2

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Here are two from yesterdays practice. I sent them into Evolvr. I'm focusing on not dipping too much from A4-6 with a pitch elbow feel. The pitch elbow feel includes hip turn.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Working on getting lower hands at A6 to move my low point forward. My last lesson pointed to the club head coming into impact too low almost sweeping in. Below, I am working on a more fluid feel to help get the hands lower at A6. I noticed the rehearsals really have the position I want, but the real swing is better, but not quite there yet.

I like the fluid feel of the rehearsal. Stephan also wants me to remain more active at address to keep loose.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Yesterday’s work. The rehearsal swings are getting the feel of low hands at A6. I want to hear that “swoosh” as the club snaps through A7. I am also staying loose at address with a bit of a Dufner feel as my instructor asked me to try. Too crappy out today to play.

Scott

My Swing Thread

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I am also staying loose at address with a bit of a Dufner feel as my instructor asked me to try.

You're not doing the Dufner thing right. It looks like this:

dufneringjasondufner1_690.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

6 minutes ago, billchao said:

You're not doing the Dufner thing right. It looks like this:

dufneringjasondufner1_690.jpg

LOL!  I’ll work on that!

Scott

My Swing Thread

Yesterday’s work, same PP. I did a lot of slow swing work, which gets me closer, but full swing is still off getting lower hands at A6. This one is going to take a a lot of work. 

My instructor also has me strengthening my grip and lower my right should more at address. Mirror Vision helps with the set up.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Here is part of yesterday's work. I need to come into the ball a little steeper per my last lesson. I did a drill first trying to miss a tee behind the ball while hitting a tee ahead of the ball. It's a little challenging on the mat and I go through a lot of broken tees. 😜

After that drill, I worked on a feel of hitting the ball lower from a more forward position. The swing looks the same for the most part, but there is a bit more shaft lean at impact. My head is drifting slightly forward. I'm not sure if that's an issue. I also have a stronger grip and am trying to get my left elbow pointing more toward the target per the lesson. The ball is coming out lower in this drill as compared to a swing below from two days ago. In that swing, I am trying to maintain more side tilt through impact and extend my right arm.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 2 weeks later...

May 18

Worked on my PP of getting more hip turn at impact. Worked on some mapping drills and moderate swings. Here is a 70% swing. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 4 weeks later...

I have posted in a while, but I was able to film yesterday. Still working on my PP of trying to get the hips to rotate more from the top. It is coming slow. 

I also am working on set up and alignment to help my swing not be so in to out and to come in a little steeper with the irons. Below are 7 iron and driver. Some progress there. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

I've been through your whole thread, lots of progress!  I like your practice area, I enjoyed seeing how you improved on that from the start to how it is now.  I can't wait to get something set up like this in my basement so I can practice in our long cold winters.  The last two video's look like you are really striking the ball well and in really good positions to do so.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Tryin said:

I've been through your whole thread, lots of progress!  I like your practice area, I enjoyed seeing how you improved on that from the start to how it is now.  I can't wait to get something set up like this in my basement so I can practice in our long cold winters.  The last two video's look like you are really striking the ball well and in really good positions to do so.

Thanks

Scott

My Swing Thread

Yesterday’s work. Went with a little higher hands at A4 with a little more wrist hinge. Focused on hip turn through impact.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday’s session. Working on having the hips more open at impact. My Evolvr instructor has me rehearse the feel to impact instead of A6, which I had been doing. It’s a bit better, but I still have some early extension.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Your impact positions look great to me and it looks like your making good contact with the ball.  How are you playing on the course?