IGNORED

My Swing (boogielicious)

boogielicious

Today I first worked on my long arms drill from my lesson. Then I did the day 6 PlaneMate protocol. It was challenging and I will repeat it until I get it right. The clamp kept shifting too, which was annoying. I sanded down the nubs as instructed, but it will have to work on that again. 

Below is the long arms drill. I finished a bit high in these. I should stop at A9.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
5 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Today I first worked on my long arms drill from my lesson. Then I did the day 6 PlaneMate protocol. It was challenging and I will repeat it until I get it right. The clamp kept shifting too, which was annoying. I sanded down the nubs as instructed, but it will have to work on that again. 

You could also put another piece of rubber in there.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

You could also put another piece of rubber in there.

I tried electrical tape like they suggested. I may try rubber or something else with better grip.

Scott

My Swing Thread

6 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Below is the long arms drill. I finished a bit high in these. I should stop at A9.

I like the tape on the hat and right elbow.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

11 hours ago, billchao said:

I like the tape on the hat and right elbow.

Stephan has me do the tape on the hat to help align my head behind the ball. I was too forward. I look at the iPad and it reminds me to shift back and rotate my head a bit. The elbow is part of an old sock. It helps me to see positions when I’m dressed like Johnny Cash. 😜

Scott

My Swing Thread

3 hours ago, GolfLug said:

@boogielicious, can describe 'long arms drill'? What feel? Thanks.

The feel is a couple of things for me. The backswing should feel wide. Then the transition I feel my wrists relax slightly and my right elbow moving down and around my torso. This makes the downswing narrower than the back swing, which is lag. My left arm moves more out too, which helps the elbow not get stuck. You can see it in my rehearsal swing.

Then past impact, I extend my arms and keep rotating without trying to turn the forearms over.

This is the example I was given. I have trouble stopping as flat as Mac, so I concentrate more on continuing the turn with my hips and shoulders.

Today’s drills

• Upvote 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 2 weeks later...

I uploaded this to Evolvr as a checkpoint. I’ve been working on my drills a lot and doing PlaneMate, which is very similar.

Scott

My Swing Thread

A couple of videos from yesterday. First is my driver work and second is the PlaneMate Driver protocol.

Scott

My Swing Thread

In my latest lesson, my new instructor Kris talked about what he really liked and what I need to work on. My takeaway looks fine up to A4. From A4 to A6, I need to bow my wrist and allow the club to flatten a bit more. This will result in a slight bit more shaft lean at A7.

So below are my first attempts with 7 iron and driver.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

That is pretty much exactly what I am working on right now. Nice work

• Thumbs Up 1

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

57 minutes ago, TN94z said:

That is pretty much exactly what I am working on right now. Nice work

Thanks.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Worked on the palmar flexion again with 7 iron and driver. Not quite as good as the last session. My instructor wants me to feel like the club head is falling behind me on the downswing. I had the feel, but it wasn’t quite as pronounced as two days ago.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Worked on my PP again with 7 iron and driver. Shaft at A5 looks better with the 7 iron, but could be better with the driver. The transition feels smoother too. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

I’ve been working on the same things for a few weeks now. Today’s work was similar,  but I added more of a swing outward from the top feel with the palmar flexion. Still a bit steep with the driver.

I am also working on chips, pitches and partial shots, but only film them from time to time.

• Upvote 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

35 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I’ve been working on the same things for a few weeks now. Today’s work was similar,  but I added more of a swing outward from the top feel with the palmar flexion. Still a bit steep with the driver.

I am also working on chips, pitches and partial shots, but only film them from time to time.

I didn't think it looked that steep.  More or less travelled back down the same plane, but I guess maybe you're wanting to come under more. 

I was more concerned about your hands "running away" from your body too much on the downswing.  You had that line on your net running down the middle of your hands at address, and then at impact, your hands moved toward the ball a fair bit.  That's my tendency as well.  I had to fight it by feeling the grip end come "in" more on the downswing--because I had a tendency of throwing my hands out--while the club head comes 1) down on top of the ball and 2) from the inside of the ball line.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator

Scott, man, that's really freaking good.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

How in the hell can that swing be a 12.7???  No can putt?