IGNORED

My Swing (boogielicious)

New drill to help reduce early extension. Had to do it indoors today with partial swings due to the weather. I take my set up then put my rear foot back. Then I swing slow to get the feel of my left hip going back and around while pushing with my left foot toward the target. Then I do a partial swing in this setup with that feel. Finally, a partial swing with normal setup with that feel. I really want to reduce EE this winter. It causes my swing to shallow and I lose power.

I don’t think that bedsheet is going to last the winter.

• Like 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back to swinging again. I actually played yesterday for the first time in 6 weeks or so. Swung at 70% without pain. Played pretty well too. I filmed my swing today to see if there were any change

August 25 Working on keeping arms straighter after impact from my latest lesson. It is really the right arm that does the work on this. I changed my mat down here to a Real Feel one so I would be

Last day of 2018. A year ago, I couldn't even lift more that 5 pounds after knee and hernia surgery. Seems like a long time ago.  Did a major redesign of my stance platform. the issue with the ol

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I don’t think that bedsheet is going to last the winter.

Everybody send boogielicious bedsheets for Christmas.  Stained or otherwise.  What is that?  A single sheet with a stone wall behind it.  Have you had to duck a few rebounds?

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Everybody send boogielicious bedsheets for Christmas.  Stained or otherwise.  What is that?  A single sheet with a stone wall behind it.  Have you had to duck a few rebounds?

It helps with accuracy. You miss and the furnace gets hit!

Here are a couple videos of the drill I am working on outside this time. It looks to be making progress. I will keep at this and include in my warm up. I do it slow, then with the right foot back, then a full swing at around 80%. I’m trying to reinforce the feeling on my left hip.

Looking good!!!

The drill gives you room to swing your arms properly and holds your tush line from coming out closer to the ball on the down swing.

Your on the right path! Good Luck with the changes!!!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been working on the drill almost everyday. Below is a progress video with a 6 iron, yesterday and today. Getting closer I think.

Got this from my instructor. Pretty happy with the progress. Must keep changing the picture!

871A7963-B22A-4CA5-836D-F2E15624B766.jpeg

Today’s driver. I’m using the feel of keeping my spine angle through impact and driving the swing with the right elbow. I see a bit more rotation at impact but still a little EE. 

Here yesterday’s driver. Added a couple of feels to the drill I am doing. First, the soft arm challenge feel, kind of a float loading from A3.5 through transition. I almost feel as if I just relax the wrists a bit more. Second, my Evolvr instructor had me working on speed development last fall with a slight shift back and feeling taller with raised left heel, then falling into the left heel from A4 to 5. I added these in. What I got was a bit more rotation at impact, my A6 hand and elbow position is deeper into my thigh and a few mph in swing speed. My instructor is pleased with the progress, especially the rotation. I hit 100 mph with this, so I am pleased too!

I will stick with this drill and feels for a few weeks. It is paying off.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of swings from today after my priority piece drill.The driver swing was full speed and done right before my SuperSpeed session. Still a little EE but good turn with the driver. I noticed that my hands are higher and slightly forward at A4 with my driver versus the 6 iron. I will check on that tomorrow. It seems to give me a little more room to get the right elbow through the turn.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Today’s swings. Still focused on reducing early extension. Rotation looks better but I’m still coming off the wall from A4 to A5. Contact with irons is feeling better.

• Like 1

New drill. My Evolvr instructor added a flattening feel from A4 to A5. I sent in a video and he sent back an adjustment. The feel is flattening the wrists in transition with the right tricep lightly reconnecting to my rib cage. It almost feels like the head is falling behind me while I turn. He doesn’t want my left arm to go too far out towards the ball either. I will work on this a few weeks.

• Like 2

Continuing to work on my drill. It was a lot warmer today. The feel is flattening the shaft from A4 to A5 while the right tricep reconnects to the rib cage. The shaft is less steep and getting closer to where I want it at A5, but needs to go a bit more. I’m still coming off the wall from A4 to A5, but rotation looks better. I still pull up a bit before impact too.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today’s work with driver and six iron. Making some progress but still extending a bit at the start of the downswing. Shaft is flatter at A5 but needs to be a bit flatter. I do the drill in the first part of the videos, then a full swing.

• Like 1

Worked on early extension drills with my BB2000 (Butt Board). Below are a couple of drills with it combining my EE drills.

Also had fun in the snow

• Like 1

• Administrator
3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Worked on early extension drills with my BB2000 (Butt Board). Below are a couple of drills with it combining my EE drills.

You can turn it the other way.

2 hours ago, iacas said:

You can turn it the other way.

I did. The 6 iron and driver had different orientations.