boogielicious

My Swing (boogielicious)

314 posts / 39588 viewsLast Reply

Played today and had trouble with the driver again, four hooks and two pushes. So I filmed my swing to submit to my Evolvr instructor. The two DTL views are a high push and lower hook, or at least they felt that way. I put ribbon on the net to show launch angle, because I’m a nerd I guess.😜. They are roughly 15, 20, 25 and 30 degrees from the center of the mat.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

They are roughly 15, 20, 25 and 30 degrees from the center of the mat.

What is this “roughly” nonsense? If they’re not accurate measurements I’m going to have to ask you to turn in your nerd card.

1 hour ago, billchao said:

What is this “roughly” nonsense? If they’re not accurate measurements I’m going to have to ask you to turn in your nerd card.

The measurements are accurate, but the net sags a bit, so they’re +/- a half degree or so. 😜

34 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

The measurements are accurate, but the net sags a bit, so they’re +/- a half degree or so. 😜

Sounds like you didn’t factor in that variable when you “measured” it 😜

The ranges are still not open, so I created a modified gate drill to help with starting the ball out to the right. I set up aiming at an intermediate target at the edge of my mat that aligned with the yellow strapping. This starts the ball about 5 degrees right of dead straight of where my toe line would have it. I think this will help me on the course. Hitting the strapping means the ball started on the correct line. The thin yellow cord is dead center for the iron shot.

I sent in a driver video to Evolvr. My instructor recommended staying the course and opening the face and playing a push which should draw slightly, which I have been practicing. Also, he wants me to focus on the steep at A3 to shallow at A5, A6 feel. I think maybe on the course I have been overdoing the palmar flexion at the top. Below, I’m feeing the flexion only in my left index finger then swinging out a bit and driving the swing with my right elbow. 

The ball launches higher with this alignment. I’ll have to do some MEVO work to adjust. I can lower the loft on the driver or playing with position.

I did the same for the 6 iron.

It’s getting closer. I will stay this course and work on that feel on the course.

2 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Shot a 41 with no hooks! Had three up and downs and only 13 putts with 5 one putts.

Finally, you see the light. Just going to leave this here as a reminder for you: