IGNORED

My Swing (NatalieB)

NatalieB
Note: This thread is 734 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
42 minutes ago, 14ledo81 said:

How are distances now?  If you don't mind me asking.

These are based on the end of last year, and so I think they're probably a bit longer (kids grow, and she's going to be growing for another 2-3 years):

Driver: 170 yards.
3W: 150 yards.
Hybrid: 130 yards.
7-iron: 110 yards.
9-iron: 90 yards.
SW: 70 yards.

FWIW, with her 7-iron, I'm lucky to get about 135 yards. It's tough to swing clubs that short very fast and hit the ball very far.

The current plan is to have her play these clubs throughout 2017 to the end of her freshman year of high school, but go get fit for some PINGs (most likely) toward August so that she can begin practicing again after her season is over with longer, bigger clubs for the next spring. Those PINGs will be a bit oversized for her now but she should grow into them by the end of her junior year. Then we'll either get new clubs for her senior year or maybe that winter or something.

It's kinda funny, she won the EDGA Junior Match Play (beating a sophomore, junior, and senior - all the #1 players on their high school teams) with seven clubs in her bag… and her putter costing more than the other six combined. :-) She might not know what to do with 12-14 clubs! :-)

I have a call in to the AJGA right now to ask some questions. She's probably going to try to play in a few of their 12-15 aged tournaments and a few qualifiers (she won't qualify, but it's a tournament round, and she'll become familiar with what the AJGA is). We don't exactly live in a great spot for AJGA events, but… we'll travel a little into Ohio or something.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, iacas said:

And @Wanzo and @Denny Bang Bang, another example of a case where I don't really care much about the club rolling a bit too much inside during the backswing, because it doesn't create a problem from there down.

:-).  The club gets in a good spot at the top and seems to start back down just right.  I think @NatalieB is a couple steps ahead of me.

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

On 2/3/2017 at 1:25 PM, NatalieB said:

I am already practicing with my future high school's team. I'm aiming for a D1 scholarship to somewhere warmer! Thank you very much, my practice is paying off! 

Awesome! Best of luck with that. You've already got a great start with all the work you've done on your swing so far. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

On 2/6/2017 at 10:33 AM, iacas said:

Incredibly good.

And @Wanzo and @Denny Bang Bang, another example of a case where I don't really care much about the club rolling a bit too much inside during the backswing, because it doesn't create a problem from there down.

Yes, a very nice swing.

It's not as far inside as others I've seen (if much at all).  But as I said in the other thread, it was just something I noticed (due to it causing problems for me at one point) and was curious if it was brought up.  And as you said, if it's not creating a problem in a particular swing, it's not a concern.  I get what you're saying (and I don't mean that in a negative way).

If I'm following along correctly, seems like Natalie is your daughter?  You must be loving sharing the game with her.  I can relate as a father with two daughters (one named Natalie as well haha).

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Denny Bang Bang said:

Yes, a very nice swing.

Thank you. I'll pass that on to her.

It's not as far inside as others I've seen (if much at all).  But as I said in the other thread, it was just something I noticed (due to it causing problems for me at one point) and was curious if it was brought up.  And as you said, if it's not creating a problem in a particular swing, it's not a concern.  I get what you're saying (and I don't mean that in a negative way).

I know. I just wanted to clarify in case there was any lingering doubt about what I was saying. @Wanzo also gets into a decent/good spot at the top and the roll inside doesn't seem to affect his downswing.

If I'm following along correctly, seems like Natalie is your daughter?  You must be loving sharing the game with her.  I can relate as a father with two daughters (one named Natalie as well haha).

Yes. Technically step-daughter but she's been that since she was 1, and she's here 95% of the time, so… yeah, daughter.

She's more fun to play with when she doesn't get pissed at every slightly poor shot or when she doesn't compare herself to me… how far I hit it, how well I putt, etc.

:-D

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 1 month later...

Things were getting a little sloppy so I am cleaning up the head movement a little. I was letting the hips go back and the left arm/shoulder lift my head too much.

• Upvote 1

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/nataliebrosiggolf/
Visit my website! https://natalie.golf ** NEW **

Driver: :ping: G400, 10.5°
5-Wood: :ping: G400, 17.5°
Hybrids: :ping: G400, 4H (22°), 5H (26°)
Irons: :ping: G400, 6I, 7I, 8I, 9I, PW, GW
Wedges: :ping: Glide 2.0, 54°, 58°
Putter: :edel: Custom 29"

• 2 months later...

I hit one bad chip and one bad putt, but my drives were pretty good and I'm moving on. When I qualified to the regional level at Baltusrol last year I was third at local too so I can hopefully do the same this year.

• Upvote 5

Congrats on moving onto the next round!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

My coach created a Donor’s Choose project to get my high school team in Erie, Pennsylvania some cold weather gear. Our golf season in Pennsylvania can be VERY cold.  Dick’s Sporting Goods is matching any donations.  Thank you in advance for checking it out.

https://www.donorschoose.org/project/cold-gear-for-girls-golf-team/2601022/?rf=email-siteshare-2017-06-sendFriend-teacher_2417987&challengeid=20437958

• 2 weeks later...

Two-day 36-hole tournament. Shot 82, 82 and won by 21! It's the Erie District Golf Association Junior Stroke Play. It's a major, so I have now won two majors in a row with the EDGA.

The best thing was that I was -1 through seven holes (chipped in for birdie with six other pars) in the second round.

The day before this happened:

I made a 30-footer on the first playoff hole for birdie to win the weekly scramble at JC Martin.

• Upvote 4

Thanks for posting.  I enjoy following your golf.    I'm happy for you.    Congrats in your win.   Amazing. 

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• Administrator

Nat played in the Junior Pro-Am today with three other boys at the Web.com Tour event at Peek n' Peak Resort. The LECOM Health Challenge.

Nat started with pro Armando Favela and three other boys on the 13th, a downhill par three, and stuck it to three feet and tapped in her birdie putt. The team played well throughout the rest of the holes, capped off by an eagle three on the 11th and a round of 28 to break the old record low score by TWO and to win the Junior Pro-Am at the LECOM Health Challenge on the Web.com tour by three!

Natalie's tees weren't too far ahead of the boys, so most of her tee shots didn't count, but she contributed a hybrid to 20 feet on the next hole, the best putt (everyone missed) on the 15th, a par three, the drive on the short 16th, the birdie putt from 12 feet on the 17th, the best putt for eagle from 15 feet on the 18th (tapped in for birdie), the best putt (two putts) for birdie/par on the 10th, an eagle putt from 12 feet down the hill on the 11th, and they almost took her drive on the downhill 12th but settled on using a chip from the right side of the green.

The pro, Armando, was pretty happy with how she played, and in particular how she read the greens with her AimPoint.

I caddied for her. :-)

She won…

• A $50 gift certificate to Dick's.
  • The right to walk along with a group of pros inside the ropes during one of the tournament rounds.
  • The trophy.
  • A sleeve of balls from Armando for the eagle on #11.

Good day all around… and I think she'll remember stating off the way she did. The boys in the group didn't know how to act… :-)

Armando Favela: http://www.pgatour.com/players/player.34136.html

2017-07-03 17.03.33.jpg

2017-07-03 17.04.49.jpg

2017-07-03 17.05.44.jpg

2017-07-03 17.11.41.jpg

2017-07-03 17.13.47.jpg

2017-07-03 17.15.28.jpg

• Upvote 3

I have to re-focus a little. I hit some good shots, but I hit more bad shots than I should right now and I can see compared to when my swing was good in January why that is.

01.thumb.jpg.fb6572d307e9a53fa3767d0af7d14666.jpg02.thumb.jpg.a1e890a97d0da29e960c76245045cc03.jpg03.thumb.jpg.26a144761a720fbdea0b1906a3bc1570.jpg

Yeah this is from this morning before my pro-am… that my team won! :-)

I can make these changes. I have been hitting across the ball a bit and on the toe more than I should. I fat and thin more shots and have a hard time hitting longer clubs. I hit pulls and little cuts.

Not badly enough that I cannot still shoot okay scores, but time to head this off. I still have a lot of golf to play this summer.

P.S. The shot I hit on the first hole, a par three, is the last image out of four in this set. Armando's tee shot is the other one you can see. Nobody else hit the green.

• Upvote 2

Won my first Tri-State PGA event today! Shot a better score than all the 16-18-year-old girls, too!

Also… last Monday I won the Peak n' Peek Pro-Am before the LECOM Health Challenge on the Web.com Tour!

For my prize I got to walk along with some of the pros inside the ropes during Sunday's final round:

• Upvote 4

Note: This thread is 734 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!