IGNORED

Warm up Bucket

Note: This thread is 3576 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey i was just wondering how you all use your warm up buckets. I was watching michael breed tonight he went through his bucket, he hit wedge, six iron  6 iron draws and fades, than driver than driver draws and fades.

Ive typically been hitting about 5 of each

9i

7i

3h

driver

Ive never thought about hitting different shots with different clubs, and it got me thinking how do you all use your warm up buckets and why do u do this?

On other news i shot the best score of my life, a 99 from the championship tees ( 6700 yards.)

NIke VRS covert

Mini driver 14 degree

Nike covert 5 wood

taylormade sldr 4 hybrid

Taylormade Rocketballz Irons:  6-aw

Taylormade atv  56,60,64

Jpl Putter

Nxt tour s yellow

I try to hit at least 20-30 golf balls before a round. Usually start off with wedges to get warmed up. Something easy, heavier club to get the muscles stretched out. Then I'll go to a mid iron, and then the driver. Then I'll go back down and hit pitch shots. A lot of times I get short irons into greens, so I like to go from driver to pitch shots just to mimic that drastic change.

I prefer to hit a stock shot, so I don't practice that many shot shapes. I usually practice those when I practice. For me the day off is just get a feel for making good contact.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've done something similar for years. I'll start with hitting a couple wedges then I hit the equivalent of on-course trouble shots (low 9 irons, fades and draws, hitting longer clubs shorter distances, etc. then when I get in trouble on the course I feel better prepared. I then hit a few balls with each club and finish hitting a couple wedges.

I like to hit about 5 shots with my 6 iron and thats it

I found if I hit more, I get into my head which is the last place I want to be when I am trying to have fun

I start with a few half wedges focusing on leading with my hands and keeping my head steady. As things start to stretch out and warm up, I take some longer swings. I'll hit a few mid irons and some long irons and then come back to gap/sand wedge shots. I will hit a few drivers if I have time.

- Shane

I usually start my warm up with a 6i, and 1/4-1/2 swings. Once I am warmed up, I just start grabbing a different club for 5 or 6 swings. If it's right before a round of golf, I make it a point to end the bucket of balls with which ever club I will be using at the first tee.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

A few each, maybe 6 at most:

3-Wood

Driver

*First tee club*

Head to the first tee.  I'm not trying to "find" anything before a round, I'm try to see what I brought with me.  If I see every "normal" swing is fading, I may try to hit a draw or two, but if it doesn't work I won't dwell on it.  I'll just stick with the cut that day.

...at least that's what I tell myself.  What my ego does on the course is often different.

Hey i was just wondering how you all use your warm up buckets. I was watching michael breed tonight he went through his bucket, he hit wedge, six iron  6 iron draws and fades, than driver than driver draws and fades.

Ive typically been hitting about 5 of each

9i

7i

3h

driver

Ive never thought about hitting different shots with different clubs, and it got me thinking how do you all use your warm up buckets and why do u do this?

On other news i shot the best score of my life, a 99 from the championship tees ( 6700 yards.)

As I have a standby pass at two of the three courses I play regularly, my warm-up routine varies quite a bit from round to round, but others have given some good suggestions.  For important rounds, I just want to get loose and find a good tempo (which typically means not hitting too many longer shots).

Given that you are a high HC, I think you should favor saevel's approach and work on learning to play a stock shot and get more consistent with that before you start worrying about working the ball both directions.  There are guys who play to scratch or better hitting 98% of their shots 1 direction, so you don't need to work the ball both ways to improve.

I prefer to hit a stock shot, so I don't practice that many shot shapes. I...just get a feel for making good contact.

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

"After some dynamic warmup" I grab a small bucket and take 4 to 5 shots each with SW 9i 7i 3h Driver I try to end it with whatever club Im hitting off of the first tee which is usually driver.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

A small bucket at my course is about 45 balls. First couple of swings, no ball. Just want to see where the bottom of my swing arc is that day. All stock shots, I'm not very good at nor do I really care about shaping shots. I just want to make good, balanced swings.

58 deg wedge, gap wedge, 9, 7, 5h, 3h, driver, and a few bunker shots. If I'm hitting well, have time and balls left, I'll work back down the bag hitting the clubs I skipped. I may only hit one ball with each club if I'm really on. If I encounter trouble with my swing, I'll focus on that for a little while but I'm really just trying to find out what shape my swing is in that day.  I always save the last 2 or 3 to practice my first tee shot.

One other thing I do is after the first few swings once I'm loose, I put the alignment rod back in the bag and go through my normal preshot routine before each strike.

David

I like to start warming up by hitting pitches before a bucket, just because going straight to a 3/4 swing or more feels weird to me. Once I'm loose I'll start hitting with 3/4 wedges then moving up to my driver. As to the idea of practicing working the ball in fades and draws while warming up, I have never done that and don't plan to except in special circumstances (if I know I need to hit a fade with a certain club somewhere). I stick to my draw and just make sure that every shot in hitting ends up left of my starting target so that I'm not hanging them out to the right during the round. The only non-"stock" shot I'll hit is a couple punch shots since that's the shot I hit both in the wind and when I am a bit uncertain about my lie. Since my home course is in the middle of cn open field with not too many trees, there's usually a good breeze going anyways so it's good for when the wind is in your face on long layup shots. Stick to the one shot you feel most comfortable with. I like I draw since a fade feels weird to me, but I know people who feel like they're hitting the ball to a target behind their back when they hit a draw. Just make sure your ball consistently curves the same direction and you'll eliminate so much guesswork when playing that it becomes a lot easier.

Note: This thread is 3576 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!