IGNORED

Happy (early) 4th of July! What are your plans?

Spyder
Note: This thread is 3556 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

H a p p y 4 t h o f J u l y T S T M e m b e rs !

I know, I'm a day early.. but whatever. It's Thursday (aka Friday for most of us working schleps - at least, this week it is anyway!).

What are your guys's plans for the 4th? Hopefully lots of grilling and good food, good drinks (responsibly, of course!), family and friends, and of course golf!

There's a 2-man scramble in the morning that I am entering with a buddy of mine. We anticipate 18-20 teams to be involved and it's $120 per team. There's usually about $1,000 in skins and $50 for each Par 3's Pin Shot out there. We did this on Memorial Day and came in third at -4, but we didn't make any money. It was still a blast, but this time around we are gunning for the money. Tee off at 6:45 AM, then it'll be a big cookout with family. We have 10 18oz. porterhouse steaks chilling out in the fridge just begging to be rubbed down with some granulated garlic/onion, salt, pepper, EVOO, and a dash of paprika! The beer is in the fridge, the Goose will be on ice and I'll be one happy guy!

No fireworks, as usual, since we don't want to piss off any neighbors. The good thing is that we're only about 1mile from the highschool where the city holds their display so we can post up in the backyard and see/hear/feel the whole show.

I hope all of you have a blast this weekend! Stay safe, enjoy the weather/drink/food/family and hit'em straight! :beer:

We are parked in Bryce Canyon National Park for the weekend. Since there are no fire works allowed in the park, and the nearest golf course is some 60-70 miles a way, we will just be kicking back with some good food and beverages. There is a little town nearby, that I think will have a fire works show tomorrow evening. We might take that show in.

After the weekend is over we will travel back south into the blazing inferno we call summer. I expect to be golfing in high triple digits for next 4-6 weeks. Might take in some golf at the Cedar City course next week. That is if the Prairie Dogs will let me.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Happy 4th!  Headed out to the lake with the fam and my parents at their lake home.  It should be a fun weekend, hoping for some sun.  Probably won't bring the clubs.  I need a break.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Happy 4th!  Headed out to the lake with the fam and my parents at their lake home.  It should be a fun weekend, hoping for some sun.  Probably won't bring the clubs.  I need a break.

Ha, when I told my wife I was in a 4th of July scramble - early AM, she just shook her head. I had to reassure her like 10 times that I would not be gone all day and that we would be done before noon.

You can't go wrong with a lake on the 4th though!

Baby backs on the Traeger, fireworks, golf, maybe some fishing, and best of all painting the railings on the deck! :)

Happy 4th everyone!

Bill Z.

:ping: G15 Driver
:tmade: RBZ Stage 2 3 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 5 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 7 wood
:tmade: Burner 2.0 4I-AW
:cleveland: CG15 56
DLR Hog 1005D Putter

Ha, when I told my wife I was in a 4th of July scramble - early AM, she just shook her head. I had to reassure her like 10 times that I would not be gone all day and that we would be done before noon.

Nice!  Have fun!

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Baby backs on the Traeger, fireworks, golf, maybe some fishing, and best of all painting the railings on the deck! :)

Happy 4th everyone!

Love my Traeger! Ribs sound like a good choice. Golf for sure but no work for me.

cubdog

Ross (aka cubdog)

Parade in the AM, grilled lunch with the family after the parade.  Then I usually head down to the beach where the fireworks are going to be a few hours early.  Relax, eat pizza, and wait for the fireworks.

The Fourth of July is one of my favorite days of the year.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Ha, when I told my wife I was in a 4th of July scramble - early AM, she just shook her head. I had to reassure her like 10 times that I would not be gone all day and that we would be done before noon.

Good luck with that. I am catching hell for playing an early morning round tomorrow in which i will be home before she gets up.

Saturday I am playing at Reunion outside Orlando.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyder

Good luck with that. I am catching hell for playing an early morning round tomorrow in which i will be home before she gets up.

Saturday I am playing at Reunion outside Orlando.

Not even gonna try to golf that day.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Not even gonna try to golf that day.

It won't be too bad for us. The course is "closed" to the public until 9ish AM to allow the 20-team scramble to finish tee'ing off with nobody in front of us. Ten foursomes basically, with 2-man teams.

Usually 7/4 afternoon is a good time to golf. Late enough people are getting ready for the festivities. I don't blow anything up and the noise drives my 13-14 yr old dogs crazy so we will shut all the windows and turn on TV and watch the Pops and other 4th shows.

Dave :-)

Happy 4th everyone. Im lucky enough to have a 7:45am Tee Time. followed by grilling with the relatives then hoping to finid a good spot at the Marina to watch some fireworks. Should be a good day!

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

I'm gonna smoke ribs and lay in the pool all day. At dark we're gonna join our neighbors down the street and blow off a ton of fireworks. Gonna be a good day! :-) Everyone have a safe and happy Independence Day!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Tonight is family night and I'm going to blow off some sh!t............(my daughter works tomorrow night, so we are doing it today)

We're grilling burgers and dogs for dinner plus my daughters boyfriend is over. My kids always look forward to blowing off fireworks....a family tradition.   Then when it gets dark, it's fireworks time.  630am tee time tomorrow morning at my old home club Drumm Farm GC with my old group.  It will definitely be a tough "wake up", but I will be there.     I also have some nice angus KC strips to grill tomorrow and have yet to plan any further.  LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Wow! Those look like some killer fireworks BuckeyNut. Very nice.

I'm going to range tomorrow morning, then I'm playing a round at Legacy Ridge on Saturday late afternoon (twilight rate).

I have some friends over to do some grilling, and shoot of a few fireworks.

Happy 4th everyone, may all your golfing dreams come true. (was that kinda corny or what)

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

With that said, my golf plans are a no-brainer........I played 18 today, and will play Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!  This should go without saying!!

What's in Paul's Bag:

Wow! Those look like some killer fireworks BuckeyNut. Very nice.

Yep...there is some good sh!t in those boxes!  We usually can't fire it all off in 1 night.

We've done "The Godfather" set a couple times.....that's 2 full nights of fun!      The above is the "King of the Block" display........this is what we've done for the past 3 years.  It has all the good stuff, but a little less than Godfather.   My daughter and her boyfriend will assist, so I hope we can get it all done tonight this year...LOL

The family always has "a blast"... pun intended!!  The weather is perfect too!! Not too hot...........

What's in Paul's Bag:

Note: This thread is 3556 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!